Thread: Social bookmarking differs from social networking?

Social bookmarking differs from social networking?

I have been updating the links on my facebook and myspace websites and yet there has been no improvement with regards to the traffic of my website. Social bookmarking could really help with my website. It’s what many people have suggested to me and that’s why I had to try it. Do you guys know if facebook and myspace considered as social bookmarking? If not, can you give me such examples of those? Is there any difference between social networking and social bookmarking? How can I attract traffic to my website? Is there anyone here who has a precise list of social bookmarking directories? I’ll be waiting for your replies. Thanks!

with my limited knowledge of SEO I can only say that social bookmarking is very much different than social networking. The latter is a broader term than the former.

Yes Social bookmarking is entirely different from Social networking, In social booking we are made bookmark for our site in various sit which know as the back links, But in Social Networking you don't get link from any site but you have populate your site using all these sites .

Quote Originally Posted by juanharris1 View Post
    ... How can I attract traffic to my website?...
    Well, I'll be watching this thread to see if anybody can come up with a killer answer!

Juan, your signature talks everything about Social Bookmarking What is that you need to know?
    Are you trying to educate us or trying to extract the information through?

Well going ahead:

http://www.bloggersideas.com/new-bes...marking-sites/

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/5...tes-and-links/

Hope these links help!

Social bookmarks: Create back link to your domain.
    Social Networking: Increase traffic to you website.

Social Bookmarking sites help us to index our URL while crawl the google spider,and Social bookmarking is used to promote our brand to audience of our business.

In social bookmarking you can get quality backlinks for your website. And in social media marketing it will be use for brand awareness

Quote Originally Posted by hrishivardhan View Post
    Social bookmarks: Create back link to your domain.
    Social bookmarking doesn't create backlinks to your domain,

Because social Bookmarking increase or you can also say that it make website or domain trustworthy to your specific audience.

Thread Information