Thread: Rate My Site.

Smile Rate My Site.

Hey everyone!

I'm new to online retail. I'v just opened a store called greenwashretail.com

The idea is that we donate 10% of the profit from each and every sale to environmental projects that we support. This is at no extra cost to our customers.

I have no previous web design experience so I would appreciate if you could give me some feedback and let me know what you think!

Thanks, any input positive or negative will be welcomed.

Kind regards

Adrian

Adrian, I must say that I am very impressed at your website since you have not had any web design experience prior to that.

From a design perspective your website looks very clean and organized. The matrix items from your drop down menus are also working. However, I noticed a significant lag when browsing your website, which I would suggest you to change the company that is hosting your website. The pictures used should all have the same background and white is the easiest background to work with. Your pictures should also be of higher definition because the lack of picture quality subconsciously conveys to me the lack of product quality.

Your products should be displayed as new products, featured products, and products for sale. If you do not have enough products to start off, feel free to eliminate a category that you do not feel is as important. I was a little bit confused because you organize your products by "shop" and "categories." I would try to find a better way to organize your products. I also noticed that you will need to align all your products because I noticed several of them that do not have the same height when displayed.

Buyers need to feel secure when shopping on your website. They need to know that your company is legitimate and you can convey this by adding additional company information in contacts. A toll free number and company location should be displayed easily. You should also consider signing up for Paypal because they have millions of users and it's a form of security for them as well. Quite honestly, I think you're off to a good start and those are some tips to start off with. If you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

If you are also looking for an online accounting software with customer relationship management (CRM) to help run your startup business, you should look into Servora. http://www.servora.com/
    Last edited by Wong.A; 08-08-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Woah.... I must say i was pleasantly impressed by the site. Since you said you have no prior web design experience. It is good not only in terms of look and feel but even technical aspects have been taken care of.

Niiiice... I also have no web design experience and am in the process of starting an ecomm business(not in retail though). What tools did you use to design your site? Great tips WONG A.

The site looks great and touches environmental problems as well, the best part is that it has over 1000 pages and has a lot to read. Great going

Adrian Good afternoon!

Your web site is very cool!
    Fast at loading, organized and with the combination of cool colors.
    However you could give greater attention to the footer, there are empty spaces, this area is important because it can be placed several important information for your visitors, eg place a site map talves improved and links to partners or brands it represents, and wants highlight.

good luck

Looks nice. I would add some AJAX if possible. Design for this kind of webstores is quite normal.

I can't believe that this is your first website because it is so lovely and nice. But in this site color combination is not so suitable, the top banner and other have high spaces, menu bar and other contains have high spaces, bottom menu and other contain have also high spaces. In this website it has many spaces which make your website bad so if possible remove that spaces otherwise all the part of your site is okay and nice.

Only thing that i notice right off is the phone number on the top left is cut off. Otherwise your site looks great! I love the idea behind it too!
    Sara Pearce - Owner @ Brushworks LLC
    brushworksllc.com
    Check out our environmentally friendly Golf Towel with a Patented groove cleaning brush!

Very good work done there by the designer.pls,i just want to make level up.

Thread Information