Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: E-Commerce solutions for multiple vendors

E-Commerce solutions for multiple vendors

Hi there,

I been researching E-Commerce turn key solutions (Shopify, Magento, Volusion, etc.) and am not quite finding what I need, or the language on each of their sites is different and as such, difficult to interpret.

I'm looking to build an E-Commerce site where the consumers can purchase items from multiple vendors. So let's say I want to sell T-shirts from 100 different vendors on one site and the consumers can purchase. I would need to have an extranet capability or separate login for the vendors so they can list their items for sale. It needs to have the basics (Shopping Cart, Merch Account, Management Tools, etc.).

Does something like this exist and I'm just missing it...?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

I recently built one and its alot difficult than you might expect check this site it cant handle multiple vendors from multiple shipping locations www.fancy-fixtures.com The name of my company is www.jaredsdirect.com if you need an expert to build it for you.

I wold recommend you CS-Cart Multi-Vendor system, it does exactly what you need and has lots of other features.

We officially resell this platform and offer the lowest possible price for it. You can try CS-Cart Multi-Vendor demo here http://www.alt-team.com/cs-cart-multivendor.html

Quote Originally Posted by altteam View Post
    I wold recommend you CS-Cart Multi-Vendor system, it does exactly what you need and has lots of other features.

We officially resell this platform and offer the lowest possible price for it. You can try CS-Cart Multi-Vendor demo here http://www.alt-team.com/cs-cart-multivendor.html
    I have to highly disagree -- both Magento and CS-Cart allow you to set “Recently viewed products”, but unlike CS-Cart, Magento also has “Recently Compared Items” feature. Magento has more advanced Reporting Offering including Search Terms Report, Product Reviews Report, Tags Report, Coupon Usage Report, Total Sales Invoiced, Total Sales Refunded and others. Magento is a must-have solution for big serious retailers who want to have an absolutely stable, robust, bug-free platform (or even Multishop platform) with complex shopping possibilities and who have a certain budget to spend on good hosting and customization. I was told by a colleague that there is a mod from a company called www.unirgy.com that provides a multi-vendor system. However, any time you deal with Moda your dealing with licensing especially large ones that deal with multi-vendor and multi-shipping, and dealing with server configuration issues if the client chooses to move to another server farm or data center. The key of providing quality driven customer centric web applications is to build them custom, but unfortunately the this idealism of not reinventing the wheel is ok if your a person with a small limited budget.

The system you recommend can handle multiple vendors but what it cant handle is multiple vendors from multiple locations. Meaning one vendor can only have one place to ship from; my client has vendors that have multiple shipping locations as well and some using the same or different shipping methods. Some low end non-professional might say make seperate vendor accounts for each loacation, but that would assure me that person never did any form of general ledger or bookkeeping. With all the terms our backend supports not to mention handeling all the billing for my client to seperate the account would be a billing nightmare.

According to the requirements described by MyFavFit who started this topic, CS-Cart Multi-Vendor seems to be a good choice and I personally can recommend it coz our company knows and works with this system for a long time.
    It is possible for vendors to use different shipping methods in CS-Cart Multi-Vendor. Also CS-Cart Multi-Vendor can be easily customized to meet the necessary requirements.

You can hire someone that do this services like ecommerce web developers. You can find reliable company by searching online.

Quote Originally Posted by itjared View Post
    I have to highly disagree -- both Magento and CS-Cart allow you to set “Recently viewed products”, but unlike CS-Cart, Magento also has “Recently Compared Items” feature. Magento has more advanced Reporting Offering including Search Terms Report, Product Reviews Report, Tags Report, Coupon Usage Report, Total Sales Invoiced, Total Sales Refunded and others. Magento is a must-have solution for big serious retailers who want to have an absolutely stable, robust, bug-free platform (or even Multishop platform) with complex shopping possibilities and who have a certain budget to spend on good hosting and customization. I was told by a colleague that there is a mod from a company called www.unirgy.com that provides a multi-vendor system. However, any time you deal with Moda your dealing with licensing especially large ones that deal with multi-vendor and multi-shipping, and dealing with server configuration issues if the client chooses to move to another server farm or data center. The key of providing quality driven customer centric web applications is to build them custom, but unfortunately the this idealism of not reinventing the wheel is ok if your a person with a small limited budget.

The system you recommend can handle multiple vendors but what it cant handle is multiple vendors from multiple locations. Meaning one vendor can only have one place to ship from; my client has vendors that have multiple shipping locations as well and some using the same or different shipping methods. Some low end non-professional might say make seperate vendor accounts for each loacation, but that would assure me that person never form of general ledger or bookkeeping. With all the terms our backend supports not to mention handeling all the billing for my client to seperate the account would be a billing nightmare.
    If you want help or need to hire a very skilled team consider www.jaredsdirect.com

I agree. I've had good success with Magento and the resently viewed module works well.

Your requirement is custom (out of the box) . And would require custom development. Don’t even consider achieving it on hosted platforms like bigcommerce, magentogo or Volusion. (hosted platform lack flexibility)
    Aprt from it please check on these :
    1) Do the vendors have API or data source available which can be listed on your site
    2) Many vendors provide csv dumps daily for weekly . If so these can be parsed and inserted in your e-commerce site.

Considerable customization is required for the purpose

I would strongly recommend you OpenCart.com

Prashant Telang

Thanks for sharing an informative post. Have any body tried uniecommerce.com

Yes,I have tried Uniecommerce. Provides the best multi vendor shopping cart. Real time engagement of people with merchants.

As per requirement, Magento is best option for you.

please try elance.com
    https://www.elance.com/r/jobs/cat-it...-design-10225/
    I did some job with them.
    I really liked.
    Tks

Magento will be the best, as per your requirements. It's the best for e-commerce websites.

Something like Solid Commerce might actually be able to help you out when it comes to managing multiple vendors on your eCommerce site.

As you continue to grow and scale your operation, Solid Commerce can help you manage things a bit more effectively.

You can take a look at our vendor management functionality and poke around the rest of the site to learn a bit more about what we do: http://solidcommerce.com/solutions/vendors/

We have features that were specifically built out to automate and streamline dealings with multiple vendors, drop shippers, etc.

Our solution was built to basically help you manage all the parts of selling online (inventory, orders, shipping, warehouse, and repricing management) in a single place. On multiple channels, too. So you can sell on Amazon, eBay, other marketplaces like Rakuten and/or Half.com (and others), and/or your own webstore -- without having to juggle a million plates. Solid Commerce keeps everything nice and simple.

You're more than welcome to reach out with a PM or shoot me an email at sean.b@solidcommerce.com if you want to chat a bit further about how we can help you out with your online selling goals.

Hope this helps!
    Sean B.

Thread Information