Thread: Does anyone use Instant Messaging software within their business?

Does anyone use Instant Messaging software within their business?

Hi guys, newbie here! I love the forum – I’ll been reading & following for a while now!
    I’m just looking to see if anyone uses any form of ‘Instant Messaging’ software between employees in their business?

If so, which one do you use and why?
    If not, what do you use to communicate within the office? (apart from speaking – obviously!)

Thanks guys! Really look forward to your responses!

My company uses the IM built into Windows to communicate in between offices. No fuss no muss.

We use this: http://www.providesupport.com/ on our web site. Those of us that are connected to it must have the client app installed. The feature I like is that it emails transcripts of the chats to our department and anyone else that might need a copy of the chat.

our organization uses IP messenger for inter communication for sending text messages as well as for file transfer.

it benefit is you need only connect your pc as well as laptops should connected through wireless router or in LAN and you can do both. Benefit of this is if internet connection is lost no worries it will still work until machines are connected in through LAN or wireless router..

hope so it will helpful for you....!

Hi Paul,

I personally think if you wan't something that is cost effective, works well and you could also use to contact clients then Skype.

It has the IM functionality, ability for conference call, video calls and it kills to birds with one stone as you can use it for customer contact too.
    Linnworks - Multichannel Order Management
    www.linnworks.com

I've had a lot of experience with Lync, personally, and I quite like the way it works!
    Sean B.

Instant messaging service has now become an indispensable part of businesses these days. A secure instant messaging service can act as an incredible sales tool.Real time voice, video and text messaging communication with customers and b2b partners becomes easy and helps businesses to perform efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
    Hi guys, newbie here! I love the forum – I’ll been reading & following for a while now!
    I’m just looking to see if anyone uses any form of ‘Instant Messaging’ software between employees in their business?
    We use Google+ hangouts for the instant messaging to communicate within and even out of office.It's simple and free to use that require no installation, you just need a gmail id.

I had never used a software in my business. But Aloke Ghosh who have knowledge of every software recommend to use it once. He is mastermind of accounts and finance. I had learnt managing finance from him only. Thanks for his great help.

I dont think that many people would use it, but there must be a little section of people who can use it willingly. The thing is all depends on their need.Where they need it all has to be working with a lot which is there.

As for me, I use some team work management software for such purpose. It allows different employees to cooperate and communicate during the process

Thread Information