Thread: Apparel Sales Explode

Apparel Sales Explode

Hello,

Yesterday I read an article about the apparel market in e-commerce. It said that apparel is now the fastest-growing segment, all of this thanks to the shopping tools, free shipping, and more flexible return policies.

What do you think about it? What will happen with the sales of the books, music and software that was the mainstay of ecommerce transactions?

I agree that apparel online business is super popular now as well as selling mobile devices and computers. It's obvious because everybody wants to look nice and be tech modern.

As for apparel business, in order to stand out from the competitors, people add value to their websites by adding personalization possibility for customers (for example, create your own T-shirt, etc.) or adding Outfit builder apps. Our company keep an eye on this trends and try to develop useful addons.

Books and music are in the past, lots of such stuff is available online for free, so why buy anything?
    Last edited by altteam; 05-14-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Buying clothes online has come a long way. Many people know how different brands fit them to the point where they can buy style blindly without trying it on. Brick and mortar operations even let online returns to be done at the storefront.

The garment industry has probably matured enough now to where buying clothing and accessories online is not a fad or one off thing.

Regards
    Global eCommerce one of the world's most secure and reliable systems.

Hello,
    thanks for your posts.
    you can never know about the apparel market. it may continue but also can explode (i mean to the negative side).
    maybe it's just a trend, that will pass?
    dont you think?

We can't do anything about it, if that's even true. How did you know that the books, music, and other markets are not doing well these days?

Quote Originally Posted by SEO Glen View Post
    We can't do anything about it, if that's even true. How did you know that the books, music, and other markets are not doing well these days?
    Hello,

thanks for you comment.

according to the article, it said that "Books, music, software, and consumer electronics have been the mainstay of ecommerce transactions since online sales began. Apparel is now the fastest-growing segment — by growth percentage — in ecommerce".

from these lines, i assumed that there is a change in the books, music and other markets.

you can also read the full article here:
    http://www.practicalecommerce.com/ar...-Sales-Explode

yes as you know now a days people love to do shoping online. People avoid to visit market physically . As for my concern it will be best idea to sell apparel online . For this you have the requirement of PAYMENT GATEWAY .
    As dhost is offering CCAvenue, Payu and Ebs at very discounted prices.

Regrads:
    Amandeep Singh Sidhu

Thread Information