Thread: Use of E-Commerce Technology in India

Use of E-Commerce Technology in India

Why is that many sectors in Indiaare reluctant to make use of E-Commerce technology which if used can give ten times the current revenue and open up a bigger market.

People tend to resist change. They also tend to distrust what they do not understand.
    The Old Sarge

We have some partner located in India and we actually they often communicate to us that they are very frustrated with the banking reality over there. Even if they wanted to clear direct ecommerce on their sites, their banks often make it physically impossible to clear funds directly online. It is a regular business practice that money orders must be sent rather than direct credit card / merchant clearing. Even paypal is hard to configure in india. I know some partners that investigated for quite some time then abandoned the idea. That may also explain why you do not see many ecommerce solutions coming out of that country. The Philippines are far more forgiving in banking in this matter.

The Indian banking reality is truly unfortunate because I know there are many talented individuals over there. I have not looked personally into the reasoning behind the issue because I am not actually located in India. I (and the majority of our staff are located in North America). I too would love to see this issue resolved and do no know why things are the way they are. if someone could also let me know it would be greatly appreciated.
    E-commerce and Content Management made Affordable and Easy:
    http://www.coremanagementsolutions.com

Suppliers or banking institutions from the following countries are currently excluded from any type of operating arrangement with 2Checkout:

North Korea
    Cuba
    China
    Iran
    Sudan
    Syria
    Myanmar (Burma)

It seems like paypal is doing some updating to their system and may be changing things

Thread Information