Thread: ECommerce website - how to accept online payments

ECommerce website - how to accept online payments

Want to start a website where people can buy items and we will ship them to their address. Want to know how to implement online payments system where people can buy thru credit card , net banking, debit card. People will add items to cart and make the payment by credit card/net banking. website targets customers from india only as of now.
    It should be like i take the order details and shipping address and redirect users to the payment gateway and after payment done will show them order confirmation on my website. how this communication between mywebsite and payment gate way works? plz suggest

Thanks in advance

I sounds like you just need a shopping cart application.
    You can check some open source (free) applications abantecart, opencart, oscommerce, zencart, etc.

For online payments you're going to need a gateway like Pay Pal, Authorize.NET or many others. Some are specific to a particular country.

You'll most likely need a business bank account because some of the requirements (except Pay Pal) require them and you'll need an SSL Certificate for your site and your host can provide one for you.

Look HERE for more info on payment gateways.

Do some research on the Internet

Thanks for reply.... now i am very much clear about payment gateway implementation.

in case you also need to sell to china, pls use the china-version-paypal called alipay. where more than 200 million users of it in china. for selling to china, that's the best option. some of the european and maerican big site when they deal with china consumers, they use also alipay!

Quote Originally Posted by workingmind View Post
    Want to start a website where people can buy items and we will ship them to their address. Want to know how to implement online payments system where people can buy thru credit card , net banking, debit card. People will add items to cart and make the payment by credit card/net banking. website targets customers from india only as of now.
    It should be like i take the order details and shipping address and redirect users to the payment gateway and after payment done will show them order confirmation on my website. how this communication between mywebsite and payment gate way works? plz suggest

Thanks in advance
    Hello,

first - good luck to you!

second - start using paypal for online payments. it's friendly and very useful.

third - open a bank account for the business. very important.

A new payment system that I started using that has worked well is http://www.stripe.com

Hi!

I would suggest Certopay, CertoPay is a service that allows merchants to implement the acceptance of electronic payments on their websites quickly and securely.

A quick setup of a safe Sponsored Merchant Account (a Third Party Merchant Account) to accept payments with main international cards: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro
    Online payments processing which includes such options as a free fraud check of transactions, a secure payment page, e-mail notifications and more!
    Also, You will need CertoDirect Payment Gateway, that is free when Failsafe Payments supplies you with the merchant account
    or ACH/eCheck processing services.

Any shopping cart software can do this. What CMS did you use in creating your website? I can give out suggestions as to what you can use as an online shopping cart system.

Thread Information