Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Strange Question?

Strange Question?

I have a bit of a strange question for you...

I'm working on a research project on the eCommerce biz - 
I'm basically just looking for problems that business owners are having in 2012.

What is the most challenging part of running an eCommerce business? What are your biggest issues, problems or concerns?

Even if it's just a sentence I'd love to hear back from you.

Thanks!

Dave Lawrence
    JMSB Grad
    link removed
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 04-10-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Please use the signature feature for this sort of link.

Very interesting research.
    It may be to stand out in the competition. To make your customers realize that you have the best solution/products for their needs. Because of social media power, more people are coming to business industry. People just launch a website, list products and enter the market. Consumers now have lots of lots of options to go. So in this tough competition getting users trust and to have repeat customers is not lesser than any challenge.

I can add that it's not enough just to launch a site, you have to promote it to get more customers and sales. And take care of your visitors, do your site more intuitive, simple in use and interesting in general.

Interesting research.
    For me i am very confused to increase traffic of my website .
    I have no idea to run it better now .

Quote Originally Posted by aheadWorks View Post
    I can add that it's not enough just to launch a site, you have to promote it to get more customers and sales. And take care of your visitors, do your site more intuitive, simple in use and interesting in general.
    Yes, I in fact meant the same. Technology has made life so easier. People just launch an e-commerce website and join the game. But the challenge is to win consumers trust through this tough competition, and that is not possible without delivering quality services and fair trade.

I agree with everybody, the biggest problem is to find customers and gain trust. The only right solution here is to deliver quality service and meet customers' expectations.

Website development might not be a problem but to rank well on the search engine is the current issue/ problem for many business owners. Without visitors, there is not concept for any sale transaction.Business owners require right visitors who has need as well as authority to purchase the goods.

Challenges for business owners in 2012 is of course to bring more potential customers to their business. They will have to learn new technologies and embrace latest marketing methods.

Direct marketing is effective in a way that it goes directly to the customer.Email marketing(promoting through mails), telemarketing (promoting through telephone calls), mobile marketing (through mobiles) will need to be embraced.But more focus is required on promote products through providing valuable information rather then interrupting them with flooded advertisements.

Personalized e-commerce softwares record interests and preferences of customer who browse the website for products and services.You know sites like amazon etc save your preferences and show related products.The technology should be advance enough to understand the needs of customer in a way they enjoy their customer experience.

One of the toughest target of business owners in 2012 will be to retain customers as so many new web stores, online shops, websites are being launched. You have to know how to change your customer into a loyal customer who would return to you, and will even refer others to your business.

hi welcome to this forum site
    strange question is the question have a
    must strange answer

fraud is a big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dlawr View Post
    I have a bit of a strange question for you...

I'm working on a research project on the eCommerce biz - 
I'm basically just looking for problems that business owners are having in 2012.

What is the most challenging part of running an eCommerce business? What are your biggest issues, problems or concerns?

Even if it's just a sentence I'd love to hear back from you.

Thanks!

Dave Lawrence
    JMSB Grad
    link removed
    Hello Dave,

in my opinion, like the others here said, you need to develop professional website and of course promote it. good promotion can increase the traffic to your site.
    remember, that more traffic is more customers and sales.
    also, make sure that your website will be easy to use and friendly for your visitors.

good luck!

Biggest issue is getting customers.

Second biggest is order fullfillment.
    The Old Sarge

eCommerce play a vital rool in business fraudulent activity people
    do fraud with other business people

Well, in no particular order I'd say:

1. Getting quality traffic to the site
    2. Fraud
    3. Paypal (linked to no.2 as they seem to support fraudulent buyers and punish owners, and I speak from personal experience on that one)
    4. Keeping paying customers
    5. Finding new customers
    6. Technical problems when something goes wrong with the site
    7. Having to be polite to downright rude people :-)

Would like to add:
    - communications with customers
    - customers loyalty

As I contemplate your "Strange question", no question is really strange in my opinion, I feel that the your question depends on what you are selling. If you are selling products you have in inventory the challenges is different that if you are promoting affiliate products. And if you are selling something like an ebook where you don't have physical inventory to care for then the challenge is also different. For me personally the challenge is to drive quality customers to my website, have quality information for that quality customer and then to continue to maintain a good relationship with the quality customer so that future possibilities can occur.

Thread Information