Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last>>

Thread: Best E-Commerce platform for me

Best E-Commerce platform for me

Hello everyone, let me tell you a little bit about me and what i'm looking for. I install mobile and custom home electronics. Right now my customers buy electronics from somewhere else and come back and want me to install them. Im looking to start an E-Commerce site for electronics. Some of my wholesalers offer dropshipping. So I will need a place that is familiar with dropshipping. I have no computer experience what so ever. So customer support, customer teaching is a must. I know I have a lot to learn and i'm up for that, but I need a site asap. I will learn by jumping in with both feet. Thank you verick

Welcome to the forum verick99.

I use and recommend CS-Cart for 3 reasons:

1. A very active and helpful support forum (I am a Moderator there as well)
    2. Everything you'll need out of the box
    3. One time per domain license fee (no monthly charges)

Hey roban and thank you for welcoming me to the forum. So if i have a question or need some tutoring i will have to post in cs-cart forum? Could you explain a little more about #3? Are turn-key e-commerce websites a pipe dream? From your experience will I have any unexpected cost when setting up or running a e-commerce site? I'm really sorry for the elementary questions but Im really green at this e-commerce business. Thank you again

Some ecommerce platforms host and charge a monthly fee. Some even go so far as to charge based on the number of products. CS-Cart sells a domain license...period.

As with most software there are third party mods but they are not required and some are freely given to the community. You will need to set up a payment gateway to accept credit cards and you can start with Pay Pal and then move on to a higher level paid module like Authorize.Net (my gateway of choice).

There are about a dozen templates to get you started so with hosting and a license you should be up and running for under $500.00.

To get an idea, you can click HERE for the CS-Cart Knowledge Base.
    Last edited by roban; 03-10-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Try Magento.
    It's the fastest growing eCommerce Platform on the planet. Power, flexibility and cutting edge features make Magento easy to deploy, maintain, upgrade and work with.
    And you always can get any help in huge community or get any feature in extensions.

Cs-cart is good choice but is you want to go free solution with many features, try Abantecart

Try zen cart is easy for newbie .

To me, the most important detail in your circumstance is your statement: "I have no computer experience what so ever. " For your circumstance the "keep it simple" rule should apply. One quick and cheap solution would be Opencart paired with Paypal Standard.

It's not easy to choose a shopping cart platform. There are lots of free and paid solutions. As for CS-Cart Professional, it has lots of features you may ever need, SEO friendly links, one page checkout, unlimited number of products, promotions, even live chart addon and many more. You pay once and use it forever, no hidden fees. CS-Cart also has a free version (CS-Cart Community but it's limited in features compared to CS-Cart Professional).
    Magento may seem too complex to you and I would recommend it for a very big business. Try Zen Cart demo, this platform is free and rather popular, it doesn't have so many features as CS-Cart but probably it will work for you. Anyway, I vote for CS-Cart ) Our company is a CS-Cart reseller, we work a long with this platform and on this platform and absolutely happy about it.

Try AbanteCart before you pay money for CS-Cart. Does not hurt, but might save you few hundred of dollars.
    Not all features that CS-Cart offer everybody use.
    AbanteCart offers many commonly used features free and you can always buy more features that you need in the future.

Hey,

i think sometimes it's really hard to choose from so many good platforms out there.
    i recommend you to do a list of pros and cons from each platforms, and then choose the right one for you.
    moreover, if there is a trial version for the platforms, try it , it should help you.

Hey,

Try BigCommerce, it is great for a newbie! With the Drag and drop layout customization, Mobile Commerce, Hardcore Search Engine Optimization, and hundreds of other features, it is an easy way to build you storefront and start running in no time.
    Last edited by C0ldf1re; 07-07-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Poster's own link removed

Quote Originally Posted by verick89 View Post
    Hello everyone, let me tell you a little bit about me and what i'm looking for. I install mobile and custom home electronics. Right now my customers buy electronics from somewhere else and come back and want me to install them. Im looking to start an E-Commerce site for electronics. Some of my wholesalers offer dropshipping. So I will need a place that is familiar with dropshipping. I have no computer experience what so ever. So customer support, customer teaching is a must. I know I have a lot to learn and i'm up for that, but I need a site asap. I will learn by jumping in with both feet. Thank you verick
    HH shopping cart by Hostings House reach putting Hostings House on G and also you can go with Interspire. Reach Interspire Mods by putting the term Interspire Mods into G and put choose a template from template store that best fit your niche as they have ready to go themes related to most of the categories of Online shopping..Also these two companies provide an effective support system.

you should go with magento. Nice design, easy admin, SEO friendly, powerful store management, and more ....

Magento is best for ecommerce platform.

Thread Information