Thread: Feedback Please

Cool Feedback Please

Hello! Our site is brand new, has only been up for a couple weeks, but I am really looking for some good feedback. This is our first venture into commerce so there's a lot of do's and don'ts that we don't know of yet. We have had a little bit of traffic/hits flowing in steadily since we went live, but no orders yet. So in the meantime while we wait for heavier traffic and orders to come in, we just want to make sure we're doing things right.

Our site offers custom deals tailored to our customers, based on a photo they upload on the order page. We have numerous examples of what we've done, right on the home page. I am looking for feedback on anything you can provide, whether it be from the design, to where things are located. We are trying to increase SEO so if you have tips there that would be bonus. Right now we have a Facebook page, ads on Facebook, and AdWords

Http://www.showitoffdecals.com

Thank you!

Hello, ShowItOff and welcome to this forum!

Please, pay attention to your urls, they are not SEO friendly. For example, when I click "Build your decal" I see http://www.showitoffdecals.com/index...tegory&path=59 it's a big No. Make all your urls SEO friendly, it will help you to promote your business faster. Also, you haven't written meta descriptions and meta keywords to all your pages (HTML code).

Solicitation deleted.
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 03-15-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: No open solicitation allowed.

Good looking site and easy to understand the offering. Have you done keyword research yet? Also of course built up more inward links and consider adding a blog section. PM me if you want to discuss SEO any further or take a look at Trig Point Marketing for more general Marketing Strategy services
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 03-21-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: link removed

Your Privacy Policy and Delivery Information pages only contain 1 sentence each. I would expand those. How are orders delivered, are they secure, etc. More information will give you more credibility and credibility is key.

Talking

Thank you everyone for such helpful feedback! I have taken your advice and implemented most things suggested.

URLs are SEO friendly now, complete with keyword descriptions instead of numeric coding.

Our interface runs off of OpenCart software, and has its own built in metatag description and keyword areas for us to input information...via the settings page. If there is another way to do this, which might be better, please let me know how to do it! I am completely open to doing things another way if it is going to benefit us in the long run.

We have done a lot of keyword research, and that seems to be a bit helpful so far. We could use some more info on inward links and how that works. Also we're in the process of adding a blog/news area so we can get some content flowing in regularly. We don't want our site to be a static one that just sits there and waits for orders to come in. We want recurring customers/visitors and want to make our site as interactive and interesting as possible.

We have updated our privacy policy and made sure it is detailed. Still working on the delivery/shipping information page though.

Please keep the comments coming! This has been very helpful. Thank you so much!

It is good for you site , but just i think it is very cruel to cut the horn from deer .

Deer don't have horns, they have antlers...

hi SiO,
    you should really have photos on your site of what the decals look like when applied to the back of a SUV, car or whatever.

What you might want to have on your home page is a little infographic of the steps the customer has to go through to get a customised decal.

The site is a little bit dark - text could be made easier to read - maybe change background to a lighter shade of green.

Overall - a pleasant site!

Interesting Concept

A few thoughts:

1) The color scheme (gray + darker gray) is a little grim, but I suppose this might appeal to the audience? At the very least, I'd consider A/B testing something more inviting
    2) On the landing page, I can't actually see an images until I scroll down. Would love to see a photo further up the page, as opposed to the bland "welcome to show it off"
    3) For SEO purposes, definitely be sure to include target terms in the title. For example, I might suppose "sticker" is interchangeable with "decal" in the mind of the public, so include both in the title on the landing page. The "Forum" page is currently titled "Index page," which clearly isn't going to have much SEO juice. The on-site portion of SEO won't take you too far without link-building, but that doesn't mean you should get every ounce of possible juice out of titles, H1 headings, meta-descriptions, SEO-friendly URLs, etc.

Thread Information