Thread: Software Marketing Ideas

Post Software Marketing Ideas

Hi Folks,

Hope will be fine. Today I found an interesting thread in this forum while I am googling for Software Marketing Tips/ideas here. So, I decide to start my own thread to get some awesome ideas.

I making a marketing plane for our existing product that is PDF software and is named as Classic PDF editor.

Its main competitors are Nitro PDF, Foxit software, Infix etc

The main competitive advantage of your product is its low price.

So, what' come in your mind ? To market software.

Share your ideas and discuss.

I am expecting some interesting ideas.

Thanks
    Last edited by lisabritne; 03-05-2012 at 07:27 AM.

You have a tough road ahead of you. Your competition has been around for a long time and has a ton of credibility. My advice is to stick with it. The longer you are around the better.

Your main tool as you have rightly identified is your low price. I haven't tried your software but if it can compete with Foxit then you have a shot at success.
    Last edited by roban; 03-02-2012 at 11:57 AM.

I notice its not compatible with iPhone or Android.

What about people who want to edit PDFs on the move?

Quote Originally Posted by zilog View Post
    I notice its not compatible with iPhone or Android.

What about people who want to edit PDFs on the move?
    Yes, it is not compatible with smart phone devices. Right now we are penetrating in the market, so we have no as such plane of product development, but may be in future.

Well I appreciate your idea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roban View Post
    You have a tough road ahead of you. Your competition has been around for a long time and has a ton of credibility. My advice is to stick with it. The longer you are around the better.

Your main tool as you have rightly identified is your low price. I haven't tried your software but if it can compete with Foxit then you have a shot at success.
    Yes, @roban I know we have tough competition but as a marketing manager, I believe that if we develop our product, add some new exciting features and by customer satisfaction. We can compete our competitors with the help of our competitive advantage.

It pays to be creative with search marketing targeting. When you’re selling software and apps, choose keywords and ad copy that target all buying stages: exploration, discovery, and direct. But you can also write ads to specifically market your free trial.

You offer a trial so that users will fall in love with your product and eventually buy it. But remember that to the user, it has value: so make sure you gather data about how many free trial downloads you get – whether or not they convert to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by hboss View Post
    You offer a trial so that users will fall in love with your product and eventually buy it. But remember that to the user, it has value: so make sure you gather data about how many free trial downloads you get – whether or not they convert to customers.
    Well its also a good idea to determine the conversion ration but we could not get the accurate figure of downloads because our software is also hosted on different directories like Classic PDF editor is also featured on CNET free downloads here.

Do you have any idea to get accurate figure of numbers of downloads ?

Thanks

Think what are the distinguishing features of your pdf software where you can outperform your rivals. How is your product more valuable than other competitors.

Identify these features in you articles. Consider doing viral marketing.Create youtube videos and announce distinctive benefits that your software offers while other companies don't. Pass your viral messages through social media ie facebook, linkedin.Find your target audience peoples who have authority in the network, deliver your message there.

First of all you notify that what is distinguish Features in PDF , Foxit software and infix.This is a tough way ahead of you. Your Competitors has a Billions of Credibility for a long Time.My advice is to stick with it.

Hello,

Software marketing is somewhat easier online because software is digital and can be easily passed around as a free trial product. When prospects like the free trial, they're more likely to tell their friends about it and pass it around to others, helping to do part of the marketing process for you.

Regards
    Agili Ron
    ________
    Business Management Software

Quote Originally Posted by Agili Ron View Post
    Hello,

Software marketing is somewhat easier online because software is digital and can be easily passed around as a free trial product. When prospects like the free trial, they're more likely to tell their friends about it and pass it around to others, helping to do part of the marketing process for you.

Regards
    Agili Ron
    ________
    Business Management Software
    Hello,
    I must say i agree with you. software is online, digital and can pass around. the main step is to offer a trial version of it, this is one of the best ways to attract new costumers.

Thread Information