Page 2 of 2 12

Thread: Which E-Commerce Platform is the best for 20,000 plus Products

Quote Originally Posted by kjts918 View Post
    I recommend BigCommerce for this amount of products. It's simple enough to use and can handle tens of thousands of SKUs easily. My friend and I set up a site about 6 months ago and we haven't had any issues. We are also beginners so we needed something simple that can handle our inventory.
    Amen, finally someone mentioned BigCommerce. I started using BigCommerce not too long ago myself. So far I have been very happy with it. It's easy to use and I was able to load a catalog of 25,000 + products right off the bat. Definitely worth looking into.

Just had a thought... I wonder how many "impartial 3rd-party recommends" for products on forums are set up by a marketing team.

Join forums under two different names. Different emails, of course, but they are free. Different IP's too, but just visit Starbucks and use their free WiFi. I believe that this is a well-known practice, and that the bogus forum identities are called "sock puppets".

Recommend a product using one forum name, and then heartily agree with yourself using your second forum name. Two "impartial 3rd-party recommends" for the product should get the customers rolling in. Just don't make it too obvious. Keep the posts short, and do not include a link to the product's website. Make your posts look genuine.

How would this ever be spotted? The only way would be that the marketing team has limited resources. The "sock puppets" would probably appear on the forum as new members with few posts.

GoEmerchant review

I’ve got approved with this company for a merchant account. They charged me $49 dollars set up fee. Two days later they’ve canceled my account because I will have 30%-40% international transactions.Why they did not tell me before they set me up ? I have told them that I will have international transactions in my application and verbally. I’ve asked them to reimburse my set up fee, they said they can not, it is not refundable. What kind of business is it? Be careful working with this company, I would not recommend them.

Regards
    Global eCommerce one of the world's most secure and reliable systems.

Quote Originally Posted by smallbusinesstr View Post
    Hello - I am attempting to expand my business by using my own website. I am wondering which Ecommmerce Platform is the best one for me....a beginner to Ecommerce.

The product that I sell includes upwards of 20,000 listings, and Many of the Ecommerce platform options out there seem to be limited to just a few thousand products, so my choices are limited.

I am looking at options such as: 1) GoEmerchant, 2) Yahoo Merchant 3) Volusion 4) Shopify 5) Digital River

I would imagine that the one that allows the best SEO features should be a primary benefit I should consider. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one would be the best for me.

Any comments at all about those above vendors would be helpful. I am trying to connect with a few people that have experience comparing between Vendors...particularly when there are large numbers of products to update. I am guessing that they are all pretty much similar, but that the most advanced and pragmatic SEO features might be the key trait that makes one Platform stand out over the other.

Thanks for any insight.
    Hello,

can you provide more details about the product?
    by knowing your product, we will be able to suggest you the right e-commerce platform.

How about osCommerce shopping cart? has anyone tried their services yet?

Thread Information