Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Which E-Commerce Platform is the best for 20,000 plus Products

Which E-Commerce Platform is the best for 20,000 plus Products

Hello - I am attempting to expand my business by using my own website. I am wondering which Ecommmerce Platform is the best one for me....a beginner to Ecommerce.

The product that I sell includes upwards of 20,000 listings, and Many of the Ecommerce platform options out there seem to be limited to just a few thousand products, so my choices are limited.

I am looking at options such as: 1) GoEmerchant, 2) Yahoo Merchant 3) Volusion 4) Shopify 5) Digital River

I would imagine that the one that allows the best SEO features should be a primary benefit I should consider. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one would be the best for me.

Any comments at all about those above vendors would be helpful. I am trying to connect with a few people that have experience comparing between Vendors...particularly when there are large numbers of products to update. I am guessing that they are all pretty much similar, but that the most advanced and pragmatic SEO features might be the key trait that makes one Platform stand out over the other.

Thanks for any insight.

You should also consider open source ecommerce platforms, there are many and they can handle the number of products you want.

There are some areas you may want to pay attention to based on what you posted. Some merchants structure carts so the actual cart and payment pages are outside the eshop. That may backfire as customers may find it insecure clicking an unmarked button ending up on another site. Either keep the customer in the site at all times or use a clearly marked button for the specific payment processor you're with.

SEs can identify the site type from the exposed pages and SEO for ecommerce is different than other site types. So focus pages on products and associated primary product details. If you sell a wide range of products like a super mall, would be better to segment them and setup associated sub-domains - can help with startups.

It is good to create your website so sell your products , i create my website for 2 years , sell the products in platform is very hard i think , there are so many rule .

Quote Originally Posted by enigma1 View Post
    You should also consider open source ecommerce platforms, there are many and they can handle the number of products you want...
    The problem is that open source comes with no support (unless you hire a consultant) and inferior documentation (so far as I have seen.)

If anybody knows better, I will be delighted to hear from them on this thread. (Prove me wrong, and I'll have learned something useful!)

Does anybody know of any open-source eCommerce solution with good support (e.g. an active user-group forum) and also with readable and complete documentation?

By default there is no support with anything unless it is part of a package. A closed source package doesn't necessarily include support.

Then the term support is vague. Support on what? For updates, bug fixes, advice, custom features and other areas in many cases are not specified when you see the popular term "includes free support".

Same goes for documentation. Documentation like a user manual, technical documents and SDKs, software primaries and samples, forums to ask questions about etc are all part of documentation and support perhaps.

And then depends what's your background and what you want to do. It can be subjective to claim there is good support for this package because I understand it better than another, or I had the chance to work with the platform and gain some expertise. Then if you're a merchant what you want to do? software development or deal with how to market your products?

In many cases it doesn't matter how good the basic support or stock documentation is because you want something different from the stock package associated with your business. Often involves different packages, and lots of custom work.

Options that you listed, will cost you substantially more for 20000 products, than hiring developer (time to time) to support own (opensource or paid ) shopping cart application.

Also you get more flexibility with some more advanced platforms.
    You can consider checking CS-Cart, magento. Check CS-Cart first. If you buy it, you get support and it offer many features for the money.

Check CS-Cart, we are working with this system and are confident to recommend it. It has lots of features -unlimited number of products, most popular integrated shipping and payment methods, return managment, one-page checkout, SEO-friendly, etc. And the price is low enough for provided functionality. And one of the most important things - CS-Cart has a great community forum where you can get a good answer to almost all your questions absolutely free. I personally always check CS-Cart forum and help users to solve their problems.

So has anyone tried listing upwards of 20,000 (or even 50,000) products on Volusion, Shopify, or Big Commerce?

I am curious to know if one of those platforms can actually handle that volume without any problems.

They all have plans for "unlimited inventory", but i would like to know if it actually works.

If you are looking for ecommerce solution for start-up business go for "Nichesuite". It is more user-friendly, flexible and affordable. It well suits for the start-up businesses. you can add more than 20000 products. It is having good functionality like multichannel integration, ERP solution, Ebay integration, amazon integration.

Hi,

If you are looking to manage that many products on your online site can I suggest you take a look at our software brightpearl.com. We provide a comprehensive inventory management system that could easily handle 20,000+ products that integrates with Magento (which is relatively good for SEO).

Be aware though that whilst site structure and keyword selection/placement is important, SEO is primarily driven by the number of links into your website. You will need to concentrate your efforts here if you are looking to get a high position in the search engine rankings. I would also urge that you do not rely on this as as your only marketing method as you become far too reliant on Google and it's ever changing algorithm. One update from them that has a negative impact on your site and you could see a major drop in sales from something that is largely out of your control.

Driving traffic through social media channels (eg blogging, Twitter, Facebook etc) as well as harnessing the power of online marketplaces (such as eBay or Amazon) will spread the risk. Plus, these online marketplaces already have strong SEO presences which give you a chance to the piggyback on their success (at some cost of course).

Penny
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 03-07-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Good, sound advice Penny

Hi SmallBusinessTR,

20,000 products is a lot of products. However, not so many that they can't be easily managed with a strong inventory control system.

As Penny aptly pointed out, inbound links play a large part in how well your webpages achieve top search placements.

Additionally, an ecommerce software designed for SEO helps your website achieve top placements incredibly fast. Take a few minutes and visit ascendercart.com.
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 03-07-2012 at 01:25 PM.

20,000 Plus Products

Smallbusinesstr,

I would take a look at a cool free new social commerce platform called gotradelive. Very useful if you are looking to trade within existing business networks and increase trade efficiency and profit. You can input any amount of clients and product, very customizable while still very flexible.

tons more info on their site, worth a look... gotradelive.com
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 03-11-2012 at 01:36 PM.

When you want more advanced and more flexible online tool for online store then Zen Cart is the best option. It is a little smaller in weight and it has everything essential for online business. All changes to the system are done through the admin panel.

I recommend BigCommerce for this amount of products. It's simple enough to use and can handle tens of thousands of SKUs easily. My friend and I set up a site about 6 months ago and we haven't had any issues. We are also beginners so we needed something simple that can handle our inventory.

Thread Information