Thread: Create a local copy of Volusion web site?

Create a local copy of Volusion web site?

Hi all,

I have been using Volusion as my shopping cart software for several years. However, I'm in the process of migrating over to a different system.

I would like to take a "snapshot" of my Volusion database so that I can access it locally without having to continue paying Volusion's monthly fees. This way, I can look up previous customer orders, customer history, etc.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Mike

There's no way that I know of unless Volusion supplies a way of backing up your database from within its back end. CS-Cart does have this feature and it can be retrieved using FTP and all hosts have daily backups including databases.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with myVolusion so I don't know what you can or cannot do but I would think that Volusion has its doors pretty well sealed against people taking their goods someplace else.

Really, your only option is to export the information into a useable format.

From a Volusion Expert

Sorry, we can only download the data.
    Since Volusion provides hosting and software, moving the site elsewhere isn't possible.
    Contact visagemarketinggroup.com for help migrating your site quickly and efficiently.

URL removed by Roban

Yeah, see if they'll export the data to a format that you can use. Not a backup, but export the data. Good luck.

florida web design

Mike, one of my old friend Lee Roberts has developed a product Ascender Cart which has easy migration feature. Where you can easily migrate your site from Volusion/Magento/X-cart to Ascender Cart.

hi

friend it is possible but i can cheak your website database & local server canatction string file

Of course you can , you have to download you database as available format ,and upload to the new system as same format .i do change the shopping cart system before .

Thread Information