Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: What a Blog Can Do For Your Small Business

What a Blog Can Do For Your Small Business

I came across with this blog and I found it interesting. Take a look at What a Blog Can Do For Your Small Business

I found out that starting a blog can be simple, free and easy. And in my opinion, it should be a part of our overall online marketing strategy. Blogging allows you to open up a conversation with people who want to learn more about our services. They can read our posts and then leave comments to give us feedback on each topic that we write about. You can use your blog to drive traffic back to your main site increasing your leads and customers.

So, who among here have a business blog? Do you find it useful? How do you use your blog for your business?

Business blogs are sweeping the business community. Blogs are an excellent method to share a company's expertise, build additional web traffic, and connect with potential customers..

Interesting article. I've noticed lately that some companies have started putting employee blogs on their websites. I guess it would bring more traffic to the company website..
    My home based business:
    www.mywirelessrevolution.com

I encourage most, not all, small businesses to think about having a blog on their website. I would also encourage, however, a heavy does of realism with the enthusiasm. A blog is an excellent way to have an ongoing conversation with your customers, prospects and peers. It is a way to keep your community updated with fresh news and insights about your products and market.

A blog also requires time, and good research and writing skills. If a blog is used for gratuitous self-serving content that offers little in the way of engaging content, and insights, then a company can be investing time better spent elsewhere.

Best practice entails many things which have been addressed at length elsewhere. One thing to note: Having a blog on your website needs a careful, thoughtful approach. If you think of a blog as simply pasting miscellaneous content, every single news release, and 'whatever comes to mind' then you are not investing wisely in your brand.

So, by all means, about having a blog. But be prepared to commit the time and the resources to have a blog that offers compelling and insightful content, not just noise.

I agree that blog requires serious attitude to it.
    Unique and interesting content too.
    Also I think business blog idea should be thought carefully and follow one strategy,
    So, what you can and want tell to your readers. And of course, will it be useful for them?
    Because people don't read something they are not interested in. So anyway it blog content should have the information people need.

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl381 View Post
    Business blogs are sweeping the business community. Blogs are an excellent method to share a company's expertise, build additional web traffic, and connect with potential customers..
    Absolutely!
    Blog helps a lot to advertise your business.

Blogging is now considered as one of the many cost effective methods for small-medium sized or even bigger companies to promote their products/services online to gain higher visibility online to get more traffic to their websites. These blogs are being updated with the current trends and issues related to the product/services they want to sell online.

What a Blog Can Do For Your Small Business

These days, a great chunk of your target audience 'resides' on the internet. And since most meaningful communication happens in verbal form, blogs are the best way to communicate briefly but clearly, what your brand can offer its target market.

Social media is another area where a blog can give you a presence. If you post regularly, you have material to tweet about on Twitter and to 'Like' on Facebook. You can then engage your audience in further discussions if you choose. Business is a lot about being in the news - and blogs are a great way to be in the news. If you want to be on the customer's mental radar, you need to be in front of them. A business blog will help put your brand out there where the audience is.

Clayton
    link removed
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 05-04-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Please use the signature feature for links of this sort. If you need help, just holler.

Question

Does anyone know of any PRE-LAUNCH blogs that companies (any size) have active at this time (or previously)?

What do you mean by "pre-launch blog"? You looking for blogs about what to do before taking a site live? Or something about NASA or US Space Command?
    The Old Sarge

The main thing is important in Blogs are that pages should be kept organized. Blogs automatically organized your content by date,category ,dates,meta tags.

At ZippyCart we have a blog that basically just stays up to date on ecommerce news. I would not go to say that making a blog and keeping it up to date is easy. It takes a lot of time and will most likely require additional team members to write them. That is if you want quality posts. It has definitely helped with our traffic and getting on Google News is not too bad either.
    Find the best ecommerce solutions at ZippyCart!!

Another important point about blogs is:

Try to write evergreen posts. These posts do not get outdated. Say you are writing on tennis; you can either write a post on a current Wimbledon tournament or a series of posts covering different rules of the game and then a series on the great heroes of the game. This is how you can create content that keeps your readers informatively engaged for a longer period of time. This could give you a better chance of positioning your product in front of them.

One Tip: Assign tags and categories to your blog posts to organize them just like you organize documents into folders on your PC. This will help your readers quickly find the blog post they are looking for.

Blogs are great if you update frequently and take advantage of any SEO plugins to submit meta data info. Blog posts seem to get picked up by Google and other search engines more frequently and faster than if you change a page on your site. Try using keyphrases as category tags and make sure you organize your blog posts accordingly.

simply a great way to keep regular visitors up to date. imo blogs/rss feeds have taken over email updates because of the amount of spam we receive these days.

Thread Information