Thread: Please rate my new E-Commerce site

Please rate my new E-Commerce site

www.kielectronics.com

Launching it this week, would love any feedback. Thanks a lot.

The site has a nice look but I immediately saw a couple of issues with it. First off, you have no address of contact number anywhere that I can find. I will not do business with anyone without that information available. Second, you have ads on the site - don't invite your potential customers to leave your website. It is not worth what little income you might get from them.

Thanks a lot for that input.

I'll look to remove that Ad tonight.

On the subject of the contact umber, I'm a one man band at the moment and have only just stated out. Isimply dont have the capacity for a dedicated line. One day I hope.

Any more feedback would be fantastic.

You are going to need to do something if you want to gain a customers trust. I used my cell phone number.

Nice look and feel.

Only comment I would make is the "Visit our Store" link as I figured I was already visiting your store

Hmm fair point I suppose. What that button aims to do however is diect customers straight to a category page, rather than the selected categories from the top menu bar.

I'm glad the overall 'feel' of the site is being receied positively. Thats what i was most concerned about.

I noticed on your banner up the top flashing up your categories it opens a new tab for me i think it should not open up a new tab feels like your leaving the site.

Kind Regards Chris

Clear the distractions. Establish trust.

Site looks good. I recommend these relatively easy fixes to overcome a few significant issues:

- The featured product photos are decent but I would make the slideshow manual. By the time I started to actually read the posting, both images shifted. That frustrates an experience. When you are placing valuable information on your site, let your audience read it.

- The shopping cart at the bottom of the screen is in the way. It is distracting on a computer monitor and likely a complete obstruction on a mobile device. Use sidebars for shopping carts.

You must earn your visitor's trust.
    - I completely agree with JEccles. You must provide your address and phone number. It isn't even listed in your Refund Policy. I don't like ordering online from major corporations if I don't know how to reach them (ever try to get customer support for Hewlett Packard?!) If you are a one-man show then provide your personal address and phone number as the business address. If you actually start getting "overwhelmed" with business related phone calls, that will be a good thing!

Quick by the way: Since it appears you are dropshipping, make absolutely sure that the electronic items you are getting are compatible with UK standards. 50 Hz? 60 Hz? Europlug? UL? Electronics are tricky!
    Visit tentargets.com to enjoy and submit great articles on everything from health to sports to the internet and more.

Thanks so much for that post RCents.Very informtive really apprieciate it.

Loos like im going to have to look into changing the shopping cart. The reason I lke the current one is simply because it is unique. Iems poup there immediately if youadd anything to your cart. Its quite innovative and ive never seen it anywhere else before. But I aree it can get in the way at times. Its a shame, I really like it.

I will look into making those slides manual.

And yes it appears I'll have to start putting my personal phone number up there.

As for the concern of the UK-compatibility for my products, all my products are from the UK, I never import, so there should be no worries there!

Thanks again for your help. Any more feedback will be equally welcomed!

Spelling/Grammer

I agree with what others have said, but since it's been said I'll simply point out something that hasn't been said. On several pages I noticed odd spaces between words, breaking the words into two, and sometime three. This may not be intentional, but it lends a very unprofessional look tot he overal page.

On the note of what others have said and my opinion:

The giant "Visit Our Store" Seems a big waste. If your initial landing page was more blog oriented, or with some other related content, I could see this being useful, but the entire site is your store, so if I'm at your site, then I'm already visiting your store. In my opinion this space could be better used to showcase more products, or to display other useful information.

The floating cart at the bottom of the page is very distracting, especially on the small screen of my laptop. When I visit a store I expect to find the cart info at the top right, just under the navigation bar, or maybe part of it. With it floating at the bottom, I don't know where it is right away, and when I don't want to find it, I can't hide it. If you want to keep some of this originality, maybe have a bar on the side that pops out on mouse over. The question you need to ask is; do I want a user friendly, profesional site, or a unique site.

You need your customers to trust you. and you need a reason for me to stay. There are a million and two sites where I can order the products you are offering, what makes you special? Why should I buy from you and not him? What is the difference, it's the same product. I need to see right off how professional you are, and I need to see some type of guarantee. I need to feel like I have the same flexibility with you as I do with the big boys.

Just my two cents, well more like twenty. Good luck with your site!

Maybe put in a page about yourself and like the others said why someone should order from you versus anyone else. Ie make the site more personal. These types of products can be found on many fraudulent websites so Im always scared about ordering them online, ie the scammers use them to get cc numbers.

Your product pages are not very SEO friendly currently. this might make it hard to rank for your keywords.

You need more unique content on each of the item pages this will help with your rankings and with customers who want more information.

The site loaded kind of slow for me also which was a bit distracting.

I would make your phone number more prominent, it will make purchasers trust you more.
    Ecommerce-Hosting-Guru.com
    Shopping Cart Reviews

Looks good but the loading speeds quite slow

My internet web host had a server crash yesterday, hence the bad loading times. Should be better today. Thanks anyway.

Pretty much, I had the same e-commerce site that awaits them.

Rate my website reply

Overall I think it looks good.

Clear navigation.
    Good call to action.

I like the little javascript fisheye rollover effect.

Maybe you could introduce a little more variety to
    the color scheme to spice it up a bit.
    Dont go overboard but just here and there use
    a different color icon or background to counter point the
    dominant blue color scheme.

You can use a color wheel tool to find out what hex colors
    are compatible with your current mono color scheme.

One thing I DONT like though is the duplication of your menu.
    You have a horizontal menu and a vertical menu linking to the same
    place. This raises doubts in the users mind "are they links to the same thing or not". Keep it simple. Just have one menu.

You can also submit your site here if you would like other professionals to rate your website.

Best wishes with your venture.

Thread Information