Thread: UPS vs FedEx

Hybrid View

UPS vs FedEx

I have a good size e-commerce site and a warehouse. We ship about 50 packages a day Tuesday through Saturday with with Monday being about 75 to 100. 5 or 6 times a year we do a 24 hour sale that will put us around 800 extra packages split between 2 days. 85% of our shipments are in 8" x 13" x 3" boxes and 10% are 4" x 6" x 3" boxes. We only ship to the US. Packages of our boxes are 3 to 15 pounds.

We have been using UPS for years. Over time we have had more and more issues with them. After our black Friday sale I’m about discussed with them. We drive 15 miles into town every day to drop our packages off at the distribution center about 9:00 and if we got pickups it adds a day to the shipping time.

I have a meeting with FedEx on Friday at my office. I'm wondering what type of information he will want to look at so I can write out a few PHP scrips so I can quickly pull up the information quickly. How hard is it to do bulk shipping orders with FedEx? Is there anything I should watch out for with FedEx?

Not much experience with FedEx but UPS make little effort to deliver. We are having to go for the third time to the depot to pick up parcel because they give same excuse each time that the address is wrong when it is not.

FedEx has their own proprietary software FedEx Shipping Manager. I would take a look at that to see if what they already have in place works for you. Even at that, most ECommerce software have FedEx Shipping Modules. So why look further.

UPS vs FedEx
    Hope this article will help you .

http://www.bitrebels.com/lifestyle/u...d-infographic/

Fedex has a much better service.

yes certainly!
    to many good or great years with fedex

my company has been shippinfg with fedex for 6 years now at least on a weekly basis 60-80 overnite or 2nd day or 3 day select
    and bvelieve it or not we only had one time where the delivery was not made in time

yes they might be slightly higher but well worth it
    also fedex corporate has great rates for companies shipping certain amout on a weekly basis

also pay them with amex gold and recieve certain percentage off youre bill

you will be very happy
    welcome to the fedex family

I would take a look at that to see if what they already have in place works for you.

yes also fedex corporate has great rates for companies shipping certain amout on a weekly basis.

I prefer using FedEx. The reason for this is because standard Fedex Home delivers on Saturday, whereas standard UPS Ground does not. I find FedEx also cheaper especially with my FedEx account.

fedex only
    i have been using them for 5 years now and they are the bestbest best
    so is there customer service they are excellent
    use your amex card and get a 5% cash bak from fedex

UPS =garbage

fedex only
    i have been using them for 5 years now and they are the bestbest best
    so is there customer service they are excellent
    use your amex card and get a 5% cash bak from fedex

UPS =garbage

Hello,

from my experience, choose Fedex.