Thread: Information system for new Engineering Business

Information system for new Engineering Business

Hi

I have recently started an small engineering business primarily for the geological market in South Africa. Demand has been growing and i am seeking advice on how to keep record of each job done.

I am currently just using Excel to manually create quotes and receipts but as the volume is increasing it has become time consuming as less accurate.

I have considered using Access but the problem is that each job is different.

Any advice?

Thanks

Re: Information system for new engineering business

Hello - Do people need to access the system from different locations (i.e. not all in one office?). If so, it's imperative that you choose a cloud-based system.

Aside from creating quotes and receipts, what other functions are needed in the new system (contact management, project management, etc)? There are heaps of great cloud-based systems out there that can handle your business needs, so choosing the right one can definitely be daunting.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail you can send me an email at daniel@vm-associates.com and I would be happy to help you out!

Thanks,
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Oence View Post
    Hi

I have recently started an small engineering business primarily for the geological market in South Africa. Demand has been growing and i am seeking advice on how to keep record of each job done.

I am currently just using Excel to manually create quotes and receipts but as the volume is increasing it has become time consuming as less accurate.

I have considered using Access but the problem is that each job is different.

Any advice?

Thanks
    Maybe a content management system website can be a solution for you or a project management system will be better off. Whatever you chose, both are a solution to your problem

Information System

Hi Oence

An ERP solution will help you manage your prospects, leads, quotes, orders invoices and service calls from a single, easy to use package for your entire enterprise. Unique jobs are more than possible in some ERP's and should not be a problem

Obviously I work for an ERP company. If you are looking into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) then there are lots of systems around, you need to find one that you can work with. Each has it's own mantre. I like ours...obviously.

We are not cloud based, our clients prefer to work on data that they control from their own computers. contact me for a chat if you like. graham@trueerp.co.uk.

G

hello if you want to access in different location , why don't you try use remote . so you could control one computer software from different computer and different location
    best regards

Thread Information