Thread: Leave Yahoo and no idea what to do

Leave Yahoo and no idea what to do

Hi there

Ok so I had a web site though yahoo small business but I feel like I am paying more then its worth. I am doing a redo for my business and think I need to start fresh with a new site but do not want to pay an arm and leg for it. I really have no idea what to be looking for but I am looking for a ecommerce site. We sell handpainted glasses and holders so only help you can send my way thank you

Hello, Shmrckdog!

There are a lot of shopping cart solutions for e-commerce business, they may be free or paid, hosted or standalone. Please let us here know more about your requirements or give the example of the e-commerce sites you like, so that we can recommend you something.

The problem with yahoo is that you pay a percentage of each sale that you make and this can really quickly add up. If you like the yahoo model of hosting and ecommerce all in one then I would recommend that you look at some of the other similar shopping carts that just don't charge a monthly fee.

Some of the larger ones are:
    Volusion
    BigCommerce
    3d Cart
    Core Commerce
    EasyStoreCreator
    Pinnacle Cart

If you can tell us what specifically you didn't like about Yahoo and what you would like in your new software I can recommend something more specific for you.
    Ecommerce-Hosting-Guru.com
    Shopping Cart Reviews

ePN Shopping Cart

We have a great deal of success selling the ePN shopping cart plugin.
    http://www.receivepayquickbooks.com/#!__shop-cart
    Automated Merchant Solutions, Inc.
    Ecommerce Payment Solutions
    Barry Godofsky
    amspcs@juno.com
    www.MerchantServices-help.com

Check us out too!

How much are you paying with yahoo? They are one of the older providers and they still charge a transaction fee and a monthly fee I believe which means the higher your sales the more you will pay them. Most other hosted shopping carts charge only a flat monthly fee so your rate would probably be much lower.

Some of the better ones are BigCommerce, Volusion, 3dcart, etc. I would recommend any of them over Yahoo and you will probably pay less as well.
    Ecommerce-Hosting-Guru.com
    Shopping Cart Reviews

The problem with yahoo is that you pay a percentage of each sale that you make and this can really quickly add up.

link removed
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 03-22-2012 at 01:21 PM.

You can try something like BigCommerce.com but apparently that costs a lot of money, too. I don't think they charge on a sale-to-sale basis but certainly there is some kind of monthly/yearly fee - and it's not cheap. On the other hand, I don't think you can get a premium shopping cart service without investing in something - whether it is investing in an education on how to do it yourself, paying someone to design it for you, or just signing up for a service like BigCommerce. In the end it's all about what you think the best course of action is - and how fast you want it done.

mfox11 - you have a great looking site and great looking products at thebathoutlet - what ecommerce solution do you use to run this? Pleased with it? Would you use it again? How much outside help to implement?

I ask all because I am interested in reworking my store with an open source or other package.

Thread Information