Thread: Please review www.delighta.com (SMS backup)

Please review www.delighta.com (SMS backup)

Hi

We just launched www.delighta.com. Please review this site. This site allows you to do the following:
    1. Register and choose a name for your google spreadsheet (it is free)
    2. Send SMS to the US phone number displayed on the site
    3. The SMS will get added to your google spreadsheet!

We would like to know if the site is easy to navigate, if it is clear what we are trying to accomplish, etc.

People are using delighta.com for the following:

1. Backing up of SMS messages simply by forwarding them to the phone number displayed on the website.

2. Remote data entry in google spreadsheet via SMS.

Please make suggestions on this forum. We will be glad to incorporate them. We are already in the process of adding more features such as letting the users specify column names, export the spreadsheet, convert each SMS to an email sent to your gmail account, etc.

Would say you get the objective across, site is simple to read/view (can only see non-membership area though). Not sure people will be willing to provide their email password though... doesn't Google provide an API so that passwords can remain safe?

Basic suggested change would be to give the Login box some life (e.g. css rollover)
    On register page, Create a variation in box sizes in alignment with average length the field is likely to take (personal preference to break up monotony) and put the DOB year in reverse order (users are more likely to be born after 1970 than in the 1930s.

delighta.com suggestions

Thanks a lot. Your suggestions are valuable. As far as password security is concerned, we store the password in an encrypted format and the software uses it to create the google spreadsheet and write to it. If people are concerned, they can create another gmail account only for the purpose of backing up their SMS messages.

Please give it a try and let us know how you like it.

Thanks,
    Suyog Bhobe

Subjectively speaking, there are too many things going on with this page on first glance. Try splitting up the information into separate pages. If I were you, I would use the first page to lay out the reasons why someone should sign up and have a single, large, and bright button place above the fold. That way if someone is interested in the product, they can go to another page and sign up. Just my opinion though.

Hello mfox11,
    I agree with you. The website is right now a "rough diamond" and needs polish. Can you register (it is free) and send a SMS to 1-408-357-4815? It is an easy and cool way to backup your text messages (by forwarding them to 1-408-357-4815) to your private google spreadsheet. You can also use it to enter data in your google spreadsheet via text messaging. For example, send the following SMS after registering at delighta.com:
    $odo 82000 $gas 53.35 $food 5.67 $coffee 1.99

This will create columns with names odo, gas, food and coffee in your spreadsheet and enter appropriate values in them!

By next month, everyone who signs up this month will get free access to the entire google cloud via SMS.
    Last edited by suyogbhobe; 11-14-2011 at 11:25 PM.

"Can you register (it is free) and send a SMS to 1-408-357-4815? It is an easy and cool way to backup your text messages (by forwarding them to 1-408-357-4815) to your private google spreadsheet. You can also use it to enter data in your google spreadsheet via text messaging."

The reason I won't register is that I simply do not understand the product. Why would I want my text messages backed up on a google spreadsheet? (if that is really what the product is). Also, I'm not certain I fully trust the site -- which may be something you need to work on.

Absence of Need and Lack of Trust

The first benefit you should identify needs to relate directly to the SMS backup function. Why do people need it? Who needs it? What risks are they exposed to because they don't currently have it?

The biggest thing missing from the site is trust. Don't take this personally. However asking for someone's Google password screams "scam". There is probably a better and more secure way to do this such as developing an application via the "code google com" site.

Not only are you asking for Google password information, but you are also asking for the SMS texts themselves. How will those be protected?

Security is a top concern. Even though your personal intentions are likely fine, you could be very vulnerable to a malicious attack from someone else. Leverage availalbe security environments by developing mobile applications using larger enterprises such as Google's development tools.
    Visit tentargets.com to enjoy and submit great articles on everything from health to sports to the internet and more.

Hi RCents,
    Thanks for the reply. I always like an honest opinion and no offense is taken. We have every intention of building a great & ethical business. This is not a scam. Our intention is to give people access to all the google cloud services (spreadsheet, calendar, translation, gmail, etc) via SMS. No smart phone is necessary and there is no app to download!

As far as security is concerned, your password is encrypted and stored in our database. Please note that we DO NOT keep your SMS messages. They get backed up to your google spreadsheet. It is up to google to keep your document safe! We have no control over it.

I will look into "code google com" site.

Regards,
    Suyog Bhobe

P.S. People who are concerned about entering their google credentials can create a separate gmail account just to access google cloud services via SMS.

Thread Information