Thread: Please review my site

Please review my site

Hello!
    We made a new site of Taobao agent. The main problem is to make accurate translation for product information on Taobao.
    Anyway, can you give us your opinion on our site?
    www.mistertao.com

Took an extremely long time to load for me (2 minutes for the homepage).

Quote Originally Posted by Freshpage View Post
    Took an extremely long time to load for me (2 minutes for the homepage).
    We had some problems early this today. It runs well now.
    Anyway, what do you think of it?

It took 24.2 seconds to load the home page. It's pretty slow. The site take more than 15 seconds to load is considered slow. I used the following tool to check the load time, http://tools.pingdom.com
    Last edited by kjason; 09-28-2011 at 12:46 AM.

that welcome message at top of the slide show the I do not think it is needed.
    you could show your online chat availability with your online chat button you got on the right.

I liked your site very much.
    it is set up nicely.
    loading time is a bit long,but bearable.
    work on it.
    best of luck.

Your site loads incredibly slow. I would suggest using hostgator, or another reputable hosting company.

Don't put your welcome message, inside a global attention box (like from an administrator.)

When you first land on the website, I have no idea what it is you are selling, until I scroll down, and then it just looks like you sell anything and everything (which is a bad market, as you need a niche to do well usually.) I see, somewhat, that you're basically selling for millions of other companies, but people don't like to pay cash to a faceless website.

You need a header, near the top, that states what it is you do. The 2 million vendors, etc doesn't tell me anything. The "what we do" at the bottom makes little to no sense, and the English is a bit choppy.

Where it says "signin or register" you should probably switch that to "Sign In or Register"

The site looks clean though, but I would heavily suggest working on your clarity. People need to know what's going on the moment they land on your page (hopefully with a load time of 3 seconds or under.)
    Last edited by Imari; 10-22-2011 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imari View Post
    Your site loads incredibly slow. I would suggest using hostgator, or another reputable hosting company.

Don't put your welcome message, inside a global attention box (like from an administrator.)

When you first land on the website, I have no idea what it is you are selling, until I scroll down, and then it just looks like you sell anything and everything (which is a bad market, as you need a niche to do well usually.) I see, somewhat, that you're basically selling for millions of other companies, but people don't like to pay cash to a faceless website.

You need a header, near the top, that states what it is you do. The 2 million vendors, etc doesn't tell me anything. The "what we do" at the bottom makes little to no sense, and the English is a bit choppy.

Where it says "signin or register" you should probably switch that to "Sign In or Register"

The site looks clean though, but I would heavily suggest working on your clarity. People need to know what's going on the moment they land on your page (hopefully with a load time of 3 seconds or under.)
    Your suggestions are very helpful for us. Most functions need to be improved at moment.
    As the process is not well understandable for most people, we are answering the same questions time and again. It makes us exhausted.
    The site can not select useful information but it is necessary for most people. We only created two special category: featured and free shipping. But that's no enough.
    You are right. More and more problems come out for us. We are trying to do it better. The main purpose of this site is going to help people to find products in cheap price but good quality.

Thread Information