Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Is Google doing away with use of the meta description?

Is Google doing away with use of the meta description?

in my opinion,even google doing away,we can't away,a good meta decription is useful for user.

Quote Originally Posted by seo4ceo View Post
    IMO, no. One of my sites has been at #1 in Google for nearly five years without a single break or lapse. Google still displays the META description exactly as I wrote it.
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 08-18-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: clarify a point
    The Old Sarge

No google is not away from meta description. Meta Description is still importance as it displayed in search results.

good sep should not depend on meta tags. Google has devalued them, and I expect the others to as well. The new concept is more content related, using algorithms for content relevancy. Write good content, Google et al will find you. (you still need meta tags for very good reasons).

Been quite curious about this, there's been rumours for a long time regarding Google doing away with meta descriptions. Have been unable to discover a clear answer anywhere though.

I guess keep going on as normal?

I think meta description is useful in terms of SEO

meta description describe about page of website.

No!

Quote Originally Posted by seo4ceo View Post
    Hi seo4ceo,
    Google is not doing such things, actually Google can't do because this meta description is used as a snippet in search engine where from Google know that user query is related to this page, any how they are working meta keyword tags and its almost useless now what i have experienced about keyword meta tag.

Thanks
    Danny

Google can't neglect the meta description tags, because its the text which is shown in the snippet when user searches some query and its very important because from description Google find out what this page is about.

Thanks
    Danny

I really treasure this wonderful write up. I really appreciate the information you have provided in this article. Thanks a lot!

Actually Google presently giving less importance to meta description. But I still feel to get an idea about what the web page is we need to this part. I believe to improve CRT on SERP we must need unique description.

No google still considers meta description, we write meta descriptions not just for google but also for target users as google shows meta description in google search results.

Google isn't doing away with meta description instead it's away with meta keywords, as it won't consider it while ranking your site in SERP.

Quote Originally Posted by chengang View Post
    in my opinion,even google doing away,we can't away,a good meta decription is useful for user.
    I agree Even if Google does not check the meta description tag we need to add it for our site.

Thread Information