Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: New cloud computing online backup startup

New cloud computing online backup startup

Hi

I am the founder and CEO of goyus.com. I will really appreciate it if the helpful folks here could try it for free and give me their feedback. We have a 14 day free trial option which does not require a credit card. We are still small but growing rapidly. Here is your chance to influence this product. If you want to communicate privately, please send email to no contact information allowed in forum. I always reply to each and every email.

Goyus application does the following:

1. Automatically finds your photos, video, music, iTunes, Outlook, Word and Excel files and builds a catalog. We will keep looking for more things to add to the catalog. Feel free to make suggestions.
    2. Automatically backs up all the files in the catalog at night every day. You can change the default backup time to anything you want. You can also change the catalog any time.
    3. Lost or corrupted files? Restore with a single click.
    4. Want to restore files from a crashed hard drive or a stolen laptop? One click to select the PC from a list of PCs you own and another click to start the restore. This will sync files on one PC with another.
    5. Files always get restored to their original location (unless you are restoring files on Vista or Windows 7 that were backed up from XP; see below). Original file creation time, last modified time and last access time is preserved after restore!
    6. Want to restore files backed up from "Documents and Settings" directory on a XP PC on Vista or Windows 7? This works correctly; files get copied to the correct relative path under c:\<PC name> where <PC name> is the name of the XP PC. Note that there is no "Documents and Settings" directory in Vista and Windows 7.
    7. Share files with other goyus.com users. You can create a list of friends and share files with the entire list.
    8. Sign in at goyus.com and see backup status for all the PCs you own, number of files backed up in the cloud, total storage consumed in the cloud, your billing date, your next billing amount, your backup time, file sharing information and your catalog items. We will continue to add more information here.
    9. It costs just $5/month for an unlimited number of PCs! You get 5GB of storage for this amount. Additional storage costs only a small amount of money. Very few of my customers pay more than $5/month.
    10. Earn unlimited free storage by signing up friends. Both you and your friend get an additional 1GB of storage free. Easy to signup friends thanks to the facebook and twitter buttons in the app.
    11. Encrypted connection to US data centers. Your files are safe and secure.

Thank you for your time.

Suyog Bhobe
    Founder & CEO
    Goyus, Inc
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 02-22-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Add one more item to the list.

Looks pretty good! Does it do incremental backups?

Gil

Yes, it does incremental backups

Yes, it does do incremental backups. We have also dropped the price since the last time I posted the message.

Your website & product seems really impressive, however, what kind of technology you are using to take data backups? I mean, a lot of backup service providers who use the cloud set up mostly opt R1Soft, as it is simpler for the customers to just log in and see all their backup information in one folder.

Hi Paul,
    I am using rackspace cloud files to upload the files to their data center.

Suyog Bhobe
    Founder & CEO
    Goyus, Inc

Done goyus trial seems to be nice.

Sounds pretty good, it is real for this message ?

I don't trust them...

Hello Friends,

Businesses are turning in increasing numbers to online data backup and cloud computing to secure the safety of their company data. And, it’s no wonder; as more and more businesses have come to rely almost entirely on computers and databases to house and access their precious files, it has thankfully now become commonly understood that staying backed up in the cloud is by far the wisest and most effective method to use if they truly desire to stay on top of the preservation of their company’s irreplaceable digital information.
    For these reasons and more, cloud backup and storage is by far the best solution for satiating the IT needs of modern businesses. Simply put, cloud backup is the process of copying computer files to a remote, off-site location safely and securely over the Internet. Online data backup and cloud computing vendors are now quite regularly providing highly-scalable pricing systems, allowing the businesses that they serve to only have to pay for the given amount of visualized IT infrastructure that they need at any given time.
    Cloud computing is continuing to take the business world by storm because it is affordable, highly flexible, and hands down the most effective tool available today for keeping company data safe and secure.

Thanks and Regards
    Agili Ron

Thumbs up much informative

Okay that was nice offer! Thanks for offer i have something else which is better option for my data thanks for the sharing this !
    All the best !

Hello Suyog !!!

It supports Linux desktop client like Ubuntu ?

I am using the Goyus app and it is great. Failed hard drives can be restored with a single click and directories in the catalog can be shared with other goyus.com users very easily, etc. However I read this article the other day and it made me think, Is the cloud really that secure? What do you think guys? http://www.mobileprivacysource.com/c...-mobile-users/

It is a very good service.I already use Cloud computing for my data backups. It is safe and reliable.

Suyog, do you provide the encryption keys as well for security?

Thanks for sharing this information of cloud computing.
    We are providing cloud hosting services from thesagenext.com you can visit there for more information.
    Thank you !

Thread Information