Page 3 of 5 12345 Last>>

Thread: Which Software?

There are many inventory tracking software systems in the market. The popular and recommended ones are inFlow, QuickBooks with FishBowl Inventory and ABC inventory software. Before going for the right one, compare all on the basis of need, features and price.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftwareAdvice View Post
    There are a lot of options out there to choose from. I think the most important thing you can do is to evaluate your options based on the features and functionality that you are looking for and then expand into industry support. Here is an interesting article that was designed for manufacturing software vendors but the vendors profiled also have strong inventory support. It's at least worth a look: http://www.softwareadvice.com/articl...esses-1052511/.
    Yes evaluating the features and functionality that you are looking for software support for inventory management is best for small online business.

I'll start out by saying that I am the CTO of a company that makes inventory software, so I am somewhat biased toward my own solution, however I'll try to be as objective as possible.

There are quite a few considerations you need to make when purchasing inventory software. The first of these is where do you need to run it. If you are connecting to an accounting system of other ERP system, or CRM solution that runs offline, you will likely need a product that installs locally. If your other software is online, then a cloud based solution may work better. For instance CloudLink, my solution, is cloud based and connects with other cloud based software.

The next thing you need to know is about how many products, categories, etc you will be putting into this system. If you decide to go with a cloud package, most of them have some limitation on the number of products and categories. Offline systems don't very often but some of them can get slow when adding lots of products.

Another big consideration is support. There are quite a few open source solutions you could use, if you won't need lots of software support. This can reduce your cost for getting it in, but potentially increase your cost of ownership if you find yourself in the need of support (software development, training) as consultant can get expensive.

Your requirements are in line with what many packages handle, but you do have a few advanced features. Another feature you may consider is a "sold" equipment list. This would tell you if a specific company has a specific part, and not require you to search through orders to find a serial number. There are few online solutions that will solve the problem (we happen to be one of them).

Finally, there are services that will help you find the right solution, one of them FindAccountingSoftware happens to be a great one. They perform an interview with you, and don't charge for their service, then vendors compete to meet your requirements. We've had a good experience with them in both purchasing and selling.

Another good place is Capterra. This company does the same thing buy typically focuses on industry and need, and can sometimes find a better solution. I'd be glad to speak with you - or anyone who runs across this post (though it is quite old). Just send me a message, and I can help you locate the right package.

Brian Kennedy, CTO
    CloudLink Solutions

Try out the Project Management software from Comindware company. It allows to organise and optimise all those processes, and execute them efficiently. I've been using such system at my business too, and it is a really great solution

I actually was in the same situation as you guys, I tried out Solid Commerce and E seller pro. I was not very happy with their solutions that they offered and the customer service sucked. They were absolutely no help. I looked into Channel Advisor and the costs were very hefty. I ended up going with Linnworks and I am quite please with them. A big sell for me was they have a bulk listing tool as well as inventory/order/shipping management. The customer service is pretty good as well, they all are very helpful and pretty quick to answer any questions I have. I recommend taking a look at the as well, they actually offered a 30 day free trial to me as well.

I am currently using Linnworks, I am not sure if you guys are familiar with this software. I have been quite happy with them, it is definitely worth taking a look at. I used many other platforms out there but their customer service was horrendous along with all the glitches I had with them.

For whatever it's worth, there's a cloud based solution called BarCloud that is fully capable of handling inventory management tasks, but in my opinion is more geared towards tracking physical assets. It's definitely a good step up from tracking inventory manually, and its current monthly subscription price for the standard tier makes it a decent value. It doesn't seem to integrate with e-commerce or online retail apps, hence why I think it's more suited for asset inventory. Here's the website: www.asapsystems.com/barcloud

Paperless business is the new trend. Many software available in the market.If you have a google search you can see the list.
    Choose a software that suite your business.I suggest you with Zoho, Apptivo, Salesforce.It will help to track your inventory.

Hi, I would like to if anyone has tried Multiflex inventory control management system https://multiflexrms.com/retail-mana...2/rms-software. I am planning to get it. I am mainly focusing on report generation and inventory management. Has anyone tried this? :|

I had not tried using Multiflex inventory control management system.

Inventory & Asset Management Cloud-Based System

Simplify your inventory management activities with our cloud-based system. We offer a feature rich solutions with a cost effective packages!

Features Include:
    • Bar Code Scanning
    • Multi-locations
    • Report Generation
    • Real-time Tracking
    • Multiple User Support
    • Bring your own

I would recommend to try out a couple of softwares before selecting one for your business. According to what I see, every software has a specific user profile that they are most suitable for. Unless you're going for the high end, highly customisable solutions.

Tradegecko is worth a check. Anyone can go ahead and try their trial on their website. PM me if you want a more customised trial.

Different inventory software are available in the market but finding out the best software for your business is very important. I suggest Salesforce but it is not free where as another software would be Apptivo which has high customer satisfaction.

an ERP solution is usually the best approach for this set up as it comprises of multiple solutions in one. inventory, financials, accounting, bill of materials and many more...

Thread Information