Page 2 of 5 1234 ... Last>>

Thread: Which Software?

Open Source ERP

Never heard of OpenERP before I'm sure it's probably worth looking at.

ERP application is as much about the implementation as it's about the software and I am not sure how this would really work in an open source environment. Managing versions, support, training, product roadmap etc. etc.

I would be curious what others have to say on this topic.

Thanks!
    mchowdhary

I recommend Chronos eStockCard inventory software.

Hi! Recently I just purchased a warehouse system called Chronos eStockCard inventory software. This eStockCard inventory system is quite easy to use and I believe shall be able to suit your requirements via their simple IN and OUT operation.They have few editions but the one I got is the Warehouse Edition.

Therefore, from my experience (since I've been using this software for quite sometimes), you would be able to enter the Lot No. for the receiving part at the IN and then store them into the respective location. And when you put the part into the assembly, just retrieve the parts from the OUT screen and then enter your own Serial Number into the column. The good thing which I found out is that you could create your own column name at the OUT screen from their unused lists of columns (I think there are about 10 of those columns available since I only use 2 of those).

From there, you can easily track from their inventory either based on the Serial Number or the Lot No. Their information on their report can be easily filtered out based (for your case it will be Lot No and Serial Number). I didn’t expect this function available inside and it really amazed me on how much time I have saved in searching out the info which I required.

Maybe you can check out their website for more information. You can also download their free version before you decide, this is what I did before I make the purchase. Hope it helps. Thanks .

Hi bmorgan,

I have came across with a software which may able to help you to resolve your trace-ability issue.

During the put-away process, an unique serialized number can be generated by the system and of course an optional
    information such as lot number, batch number can be entered.

During retrieving process, you can locate them for you assembly and you can assign an unique number when they are
    assembled.

This is very difficult to find Inventory software is manufactured specially to meet the necessities of small and medium sized enterprises. We must find and analyze about the software only if they provide trail version or our friends or someone else experience from that software.

I recommend you to try Chronos eStockCard Free Edition. eStockCard has two main operations IN and OUT, IN is for you to record
    the items received and OUT is for item retrieval.

Hi all -

I posted this a week or so back, but it fell off the radar before I got responses. So, not sure what the protocol is here, but thought I'd resubmit -- I hope that's the right thing to do!

We've built a new application focused on solving some of the lingering problems in e-Commerce inventory management.

Specifically, if you are selling products on multiple online stores (as I was) or are selling products online and offline, then managing inventory is a real pain in the asymptote.

Bizelo eRetail Inventory, Pick-and-Pack, and Ship are for small to medium size online / e-Retailers that want to centralize inventory in one place that is then sync'd with a number of online e-commerce platforms and Quickbooks.

It also provides some insight into actual packing and shipping costs so you know the true profitability of your shipments and allows to you track your packing supplies so you don't run low at the last minute.

We'd love to chat with as many online retailers as possible so that we make sure to include the must have features. We are more concerned about building too MUCH stuff than too little.

Feedback, comments, criticism, guidance, suggestions, questions encouraged --

Thanks!
    Evan

What kind of business are you dealing with? Manufacturing? Distributing? Wholesales? Servicing?

In my opinion, it is so difficult to find the so-called PERFECT Inventory Software to meet you needs. As long as it can solve your major problems or issues, it is worth to try as long as it is not so costly.

Yes, I agree with you. You must evaluate before proceed to purchase or through word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgan View Post
    I manage a small company's warehouse and I have been tracking everything on paper. I have recently been given the go-ahead to purchase an inventory tracking software with no price cap. Which is best?

We keep track of each part that comes in by lot number and receive date (receive date is optional), each part then is put into an assembly that is given a serial number. We want to be able to track by serial number all the parts that went into an assembly and which lot they came from, and vice versa - by entering a lot number for a part, we want to be able to track which serial number each part went into. We have to have traceability for every part, backwards and forwards, because we make Class 1 medical devices and are getting ISO certified.

Am I asking too much? I tried Wasp Inventory Control but it just deducts parts from the total amount.

HELP!

Thank you in advance
    Go for MCLane Logistics Technology's Inventory Management Software. Our company has been using it since past 6 years. No issues till now.

SphereWMS can be a very good inventory tracking software.
    Some of the benefits of SphereWMS’ inventory tracking software include :
    Inventory Visibility
    Suggested Reorder Points
    Multiple inventory accounts
    Stock Transfers
    Inventory Adjustments
    Cycle Counts

Go for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Its the best one we have used till now.

Go for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Its the best one we have used till now.

SpringMicro is your one stop solution for asset tracking improvements! SpringMicro's Asset Manager allows you to track the location, depreciation, preventative maintenance schedule, warranty information, and many other useful tools.

go for abcinventory software which is best for small and medium sized companies.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

Solid Commerce can definitely help you out!

Our system was built from the ground up to handle every part of your eCommerce operation -- bringing inventory management, order management, warehouse management, shipping, repricing, and multi-channel listing management all into once place.

Check out the link in my signature to find out more about how we can help you with warehouse management. We'll sync up everything in your warehouse with your online selling channels, too, which cuts out a lot of the work that would normally have to go into making sure inventory levels are up-to-date, protecting against oversells, etc.

Hope this helps! You're more than welcome to shoot me a PM if you want to chat a little bit further about your specific online selling operation and how we can help you out a bit.
    Sean B.

Thread Information