Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last>>

Thread: Which Software?

Which Software?

I manage a small company's warehouse and I have been tracking everything on paper. I have recently been given the go-ahead to purchase an inventory tracking software with no price cap. Which is best?

We keep track of each part that comes in by lot number and receive date (receive date is optional), each part then is put into an assembly that is given a serial number. We want to be able to track by serial number all the parts that went into an assembly and which lot they came from, and vice versa - by entering a lot number for a part, we want to be able to track which serial number each part went into. We have to have traceability for every part, backwards and forwards, because we make Class 1 medical devices and are getting ISO certified.

Am I asking too much? I tried Wasp Inventory Control but it just deducts parts from the total amount.

HELP!

Thank you in advance

inFlow is an inventory management software especially designed to be used by small to medium sized companies. It facilitates sales, purchase, management and control of materials.

I did a job for borg warner, and setup a system for that. It can trace a part down to a block of raw uncut aluminum. I'm trying to remember the name of the program, it was pretty slick. They made tomahawk missiles, and had to account for every part from start to finish.

I'll edit my post when the name comes to me.

Take some time to check out Dydacomp's Multichannel Order Manager. I think based on your needs you would be a good fit. It offers a number of different modules add on modules that allows you to pick and choose the software package to work for you.

The Advanced Warehouse module allows you to accommodate multiple packer work stations in the same warehouse or multiple warehouses with multiple packers. It also enables warehouses and warehouse service areas to be defined based on region. The module lets one person centrally manage the activities of multiple packers working at one or several warehouse locations.

Hope this helps!

Molly Griffin
    link removed (Please use the signature feature.)
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 04-02-2011 at 03:49 PM.

bmorgan,

Just a thought if you haven't made a decision for your inventory management solution yet...

Look at your suppliers and customers and see what they're using. You might be able to satisfy your requirements and get more business information either from your suppliers or to your customers (or both) at the same time.

Whether you buy a out-of-the-box solution or that you choose to buy a customized solution make sure you take everything in account. You don't want to end up choosing the wrong solution and needing to go through the process.

Here's an interesting post on the subject:
    http://www.francoiseric.com/2011/04/...lution-10.html

Logic and telly are most famous software for the same. With the help of these softwares you can perform dual activities such as inventory and stock managements

You can also try the software from RetailExpress that has inventory management features.

Choosing the Option

There are a lot of options out there to choose from. I think the most important thing you can do is to evaluate your options based on the features and functionality that you are looking for and then expand into industry support. Here is an interesting article that was designed for manufacturing software vendors but the vendors profiled also have strong inventory support. It's at least worth a look: http://www.softwareadvice.com/articl...esses-1052511/.

Inventory Management

I am writing an inventory management application that supports multiple stores. I was in the automotive aftermarket for 10 years so I am basing the application on my experience, however any input regarding capabilities would be helpful to me. If you could try it out and offer any suggestions I would be grateful. It is in its beginning stages right now, but it fully supports the basic inventory management capabilities. Thanks.

You can download the app here: http://www.cs.ucf.edu/~feuerbac/progs/InvManagerRun.zip

have you tried Red Beam's redbeam.com Inventory Control? There are many inventory control available but knowing what is the quality software is good. You may read reviews about it and see some video tutorial.

an ERP solution is usually the best approach for this set up as it comprises of multiple solutions in one. inventory, financials, accounting, bill of materials and many more...the three solutions below all have a modular based architecture so you only pay for what you need to begin with but have the functionality to essentially 'switch on' other modules as you grow or your requirements change.

http://www.sagebusiness.com.au
    http://www.infocentral.com.au/invent...ement-software
    http://www.sap.com/australia/solutions/index.epx

Post deleted.
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 09-28-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: No advertising or solicitation in the forum.

Order and Inventory Management System

Serial or Lot Inventory Management is tricky.

Check out NetSuite and GoECart 360 Order Management System - Both are SaaS Solutions. In Order is another enterprise grade Client Server solution.

You definitively need to try OpenERP. This Open Source solution let you handle inventory and any other functionalities for your business: accounting, HR, CRM, ...

Thread Information