Thread: Reciprocal links

Smile Reciprocal links

I have heard that reciprocal links can penalize you with the search engines. If I start a recriprocal exchange, doing it manually, targeting only relevant sites to mine, should this not be a benefit.

My site is about 3 months old and nowhere near a decent search position. I have about 550 inlinks, but others in my niche have from 5000 to 30000.

If I am going to get off go, I need a clear direction to take.

Any help or recommendations will be appreciated.
    Outdoor sports and recreation
    http://www.theoutdoorsportsshop.com

Reciprocal links between relevant sites is a good thing and 3 months is not a good test for a site. It takes longer. Having said that I would concentrate on your key words. They are too general and you won't rank well for them. For instance, instead of 'firearm accessories' try 'Crosman firearm accessories' or 'NightStalker rifles'. Use Google Trends to see what people are searching for your niche.

You can try reciprocal links but they offer very little linkjuice compared to a regular link from a website.

I would work on some good keyword friendly content with a solid and legitimate link building campaign. Maybe try out some social sites.
    I am always looking for new business and franchises opportunities.

I think that reciprocal links are fine as long as they are relevant, though one way links are best. Even one way links from your site to another. A good place to find reciprocal links is at www.link2me.com. Just be careful who you link with.

Why you need thousands of incoming links? Incoming links from unrelevant sites does not matter anyway, and I have always stick with some 20-30 links only per site. Links that do not make you visitors are dead links.
    Maybe you should try some of those free directories I tested - http://veikoh.wordpress.com/2008/07/...waste-of-time/

3 months is not long enough to get properly ranked. Also, getting that many reciprocal links in such a short amount of time can actually hurt you. Google may label you as a linkfarm - exchanging links with anyone to beat their system.

One-way links are best. Also, the amount of 'linkjuice' you receive from other sites is directly related to how important and how much traffic that site receives. No offense, but if you have 550 links while being live for only 3 months, you are getting low quality links.

Finally, the words no one likes to hear - SEO takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by BasicECommerce
    Finally, the words no one likes to hear - SEO takes time.
    Not just that, but it is a Never Ending task!

If you are going to employ reciprocal links, I would suggest to only use them on a one on one basis. The services who claim to do this for you will get you into trouble.

Way back in 2008, the reciprocal link had issues. And now after 7 long years, in 2015 people still are confused on getting the reciprocal links. We need to move on according to the new updates.

Thread Information