Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Shopping cart - need one that can process Int'l orders

Shopping cart - need one that can process Int'l orders

Can any one recommend any shoppnig carts out there that supports businesses that are OUTSIDE the US? ie. accepts multiple currencies.

I also need one that supports International customers and not just US/Canadian customers. I noticed some shoppnig carts do not allow NON US addresses to REGISTER because some of these things (needed postal code, state, province,etc) were mandatory. As you know, not all countries have postal codes ,etc and there's no way to process an order for these particular shopping carts if you 're not a US /canadian customer.

Someone recommended osCommerce. What do you think?

I'm using osCommerce. Love it! Flexibility is great (if you know pHp). check it out..... If you take the time, you can make a very attractive site.

This is just one of the reasons I opted for the web builder with shopping cart built in.
    The Old Sarge

Just becareful when you purchase shopping carts because not all shopping carts can support int'l orders. Make sure your customers can register from all parts of the world and not just the US.

Shopping carts are not what determines your ability to accept int'l payments. Its the actual credit card processor. If you need an online gateway that will allow you to take multiple currencies and integrate with lots of shopping carts, take a look at worldpay.com.

Yes, i know what you mean. Actually, what i'm refering to is when users from any parts of the world REGISTER to buy stuff things. Some programs don't really take into consideration about people registering from outside the US. That's what i mean by not accepting "int'l orders"

Oh, you mean locations, postal codes, country, etc. But I would think that one that handles all currencies would also handle all locations, no? I mean it's unlikely someone paying in Dracmas is going to live in southern California (although with californians ya never know, do ya )

Quote Originally Posted by ahealthyman
    Yes, i know what you mean. Actually, what i'm refering to is when users from any parts of the world REGISTER to buy stuff things. Some programs don't really take into consideration about people registering from outside the US. That's what i mean by not accepting "int'l orders"
    We have clients based all over the world though we only take payment in US funds but their credit card company will convert their currency into US currency so there is nothing to worry about if you want to sell internationally. If you want to take payments in other currencies, worldpay.com will allow you to choose to accept payment in british pounds, etc.

Re: Shopping cart - need one that can process Int'l orders

Take a look at SunShop from Turnkey Web Tools.
    I am a reseller and you can check it out at:

http://delcompusales.com/index.php/a...ategory/id/18/

I used it for my site and overall I like it.

I know it supports some aspects of international shipping, but can't guarantee that it meets all yours, as I am located in the US.

What I really liked is that it will become your web-site and you do not need any other software for your basic site. I have added additional pages to provide specific functions, but you don't need to.

Good Luck!
    Brian
    www.DelCompuSales.com

int'l orders

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    Oh, you mean locations, postal codes, country, etc. But I would think that one that handles all currencies would also handle all locations, no? I mean it's unlikely someone paying in Dracmas is going to live in southern California (although with californians ya never know, do ya )
    yes..that's what i mean... I thought all shopping carts out there would have taken that into consideration but unfortunatetly not all companies think about ppl who reside out of the US .

Anyway, my site will be up soon but can't give you an exact date as to when it'll be up. i'm guessing in a month's time or so ?!

What about paypal?

I don't see any mention of paypal here....is it one that's not recommended?

Re: Paypal Cart

What I found researching shopping carts is that PayPal is very limited.
    If you are shipping the same type of an item and can use a flat rate - same shipping charge for all orders, or can use a percentage charge, you can use their shipping cart. It is somewhat labor intensive in the time required to develop your cart.

With something such as SunShop, you enter your information and your cart is automatically created, and infact, your entire site is created.
    You only have to manually add pages for additional specific content.

I do use PayPal to accept payment, as you won't find a cheaper gateway.

Brian
    www.Delcompusales.com

I would recomend actinic software http://actinic.com. We built sites in the US, Canada, UK Spain, Norway, New zealand. The software can handle shipping to over 170 differnt countries and can work with over 20 international payment service providers. IF your doing international orders I have found Worldpay to be the best payment processing solution.

Brian

yes i agree with you about Worldpay. I think i'm going to be using that! It's pretty reasonable!

How about multilingual websites? Has anyone had probs with anything ? We're going to go in English for sure. After that, we will probably get it into a few other languages, ie. chinese 100% , japanese and korean (not sure whether or not but it's on the list and possibly french).

what kind of all in one ecommerce software is good out there for this type? Can i customize the check out process by typing in Chinese characters beside the English (like write in Chinese beside the "address" if they don't know what address is in English?) I'm not too sure about this.. can anyone help me ?

I've checked out quite a bit already and i'm pretty exhausted with looking at so many things out there. I don't think i'm going to go with openSource simply because i won't have the time to manage it (install updates, fix bugs,etc) after this site kicks off.

Anyway, this leaves me with paying for a software. I'm thinking of Easystorecreator . I've also checked out Monstercommerce and they pratically have the same functions. However, the only difference is the price. Monstercommerce is charging 83 per month whereas easysitecreater is charging 1/3 of that i think per month.
    There are others that offer very similar features but they are just way too expensive because of the modules , expensive monthly fees,etc

Thread Information