Thread: Backup Software Wanted

Question Backup Software Wanted

I am looking for an automated backup application that will allow me to simply read the backup up data in Explorer from any PC. I also need it to do incremental backups.

When using things like Nero, you need to have Nero on the PC to read and restore the data. I dont want this.

Windows backs up to ZIP files in a strusture thats almost unreadable.

I simply want a copy of my C drives file structure. An automated copy command would do it, but I need the incremental feature.

I am a photographer and need to copy my files onto an external drive. One for secutiry and one to carry with me at all times when visiting clients. I have approx. 300mb of data so far, but growing fast.

If you can help, that would be great!
    Thanks Graham

I use Smartbackup Pro together with Carbonite

Smartbackup Pro

Who makes Smartbackup Pro ?
    Tx Graham

Try Acronis Backup and Recovery - excellent, hassle-free, reliable backup software.

http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/

I usually do it manually through shadow copy and a batch file......but i recommend acronis software.

Smartbackup pro, you have to combine it with another software, Jam Software will do..

I am using the for recover my data "Recover my files" which I think it's good but I don't know which is the best. I like recover my files software. If you'll try it and PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE.

For a complete disk image try Macrium free edition. Can't beat it.

What OS is the fileserver? If it is Linux, no backup software needed. Just use simple Linux commands to do your backup. Tar, gzip, rsync... these are the tools of Linux backups. VERY easy to do.
    The file server is Windows Server 2003. I wanted to avoid going to Symantec Backup Exec as I think it's just way too bloated and probably a lot more than what we need for simple file backup and incremental.

I was just reading this forum thread
    on the Data Backup using cloud technology, hope it helps you. They are also doing incremental back ups. According to the thread starter they have reduced the rates also with the option of free trial period.
    The users tested the service have positive feedback about the service.
    Last edited by Bliss Ellison; 03-28-2012 at 04:56 AM.

There are so many software have this function but you have to connect each them .

Thread Information