Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last>>

Thread: Email marketing

Thumbs up Email marketing

Hi Friends
    have anybody experience on email marketing?
    Plz guide me all about finding email adress lists etc

E-mail marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience. In its broadest sense, every e-mail sent to a potential or current customer could be considered e-mail marketing. However, the term is usually used to refer to:

* sending e-mails with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers and to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business,
    * sending e-mails with the purpose of acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately,
    * adding advertisements to e-mails sent by other companies to their customers, and
    * sending e-mails over the Internet, as e-mail did and does exist outside the Internet

Lightbulb

Try this AJ Email Marketer. This is the powerful surveying software solutions for smart online business owners. They are the best on the market right now.Hope this helps..

There are quite a few really good email services that make it easy and very affordable. I've tried a number of them and found quite a few to be really solid and easy to use. A few favorites are icontact, constantcontact, and myemma. Most have either free trials or demo versions that let you try them out before you commit. But with packages available for as little ast $15-$20/month, there's not too much risk. Give them a try.
    Ed MacPherson
    Hey, Michiganders, check out my friend's dental practice:
    Ann Arbor Dentist

E-mail lists ? Hmmm, i think that it's better to build them your self instead of renting or buying them, Why ? because if you build one your self and managed to get only 2000 e-mails you will have a personal relationship with those peopleso they will trust you and most likely do what you tell them, but if you rent a list most of those people will just mark your e-mail as junk ...

Yeah it's a bit of hard work but it will pay off, trust me
    Check out my website about removing moles, skin tags and warts at http://removingmoles.org.

thank you for the information Bill.

I wouldn't waste your time renting lists. You're best bet is to develop a list from your own customers who are interested in your services. Email marketing has lost a lot of its credibility due to spam and people don't respond that well any more unless they're expecting your message / offer.

I'd personally rather have a list of 50 customers who will read my email vs. 10,000 who are just going to mark it as junk.
    Be Safe

Hello
    Best practices in email marketing demand communications that go beyond advertising, respect the customer, and speak in a familiar one-on-one style. Email is "the most personal advertising medium in history," says Seth Godin, whose book Permission Marketing set the rules that transformed email marketing into what it is today. "If your email isn't personal, it's broken."
    In response to the impersonal abuses of spam, email marketing became personal by necessity following the 2003 adoption of the CAN-SPAM Act. The act essentially defined spam as marketing messages sent without permission and set penalties not only for spammers, but also for companies whose products were advertised in the spam.
    Smart marketers, recognizing that people's aversion to spam destroyed the customer loyalty they worked so hard to build, had already begun to address the problem with best practices that focused on permission. Today, what's best is often defined by the size of your company and the industry you're in.

-I agree do not rent lists! Build your own.

-Decide if you want to use a full management email marketing company or a do it yourself company. The advantage of full service is that it will save you a lot of time and you will learn from your account manager who will be holding your hand. There are many nuances in email marketing that can impact your ROI.

Email

Yes I also agree you should build your own list and not buy or rent one. Get a good email service. I would recommend AWeber https://www.aweber.com/landing.htm.
    they are very affordable, easy to use and will give you fantastic stats on all of your emails sent (how many opened the email, which links were clicked on in the email, etc...).

You also need to set up something like a newsletter and give your subscribers something of value each edition for your niche. Product reviews, free advice, and related links are a few things that work well.

Good luck!
    Steve owns C and S Software LLC.
    http://www.CandSsoftware.com

Email

@Harmain,

I completely agree with the posts that recommend staying away from rented lists. Put yourself in the shoes of someone that would receive your email. How would you feel if a company you never heard of sent a marketing message directly to your personal email? I would feel slightly violated and begin wondering about my privacy. More importantly, my first impression of your brand would be quite negative. And then, my first action would be to report your message as spam.

If a large number of emails tied to your company are reported as spam, your business can actually find itself on a blacklist for various email providers. Then, you've really hurt your chances of ever getting a successful email campaign off the ground. @JStetson said it best: "I'd personally rather have a list of 50 customers who will read my email vs. 10,000 who are just going to mark it as junk." It's all about quality over quantity - in other words, it's all about engagement, not about throwing darts with a blindfold on.

My recommendation is to put a field on your website that allows customers to submit their address to you. This is a practice known as "opting-in." Once you have a list of people who've asked to receive communications from you, then your set. Just know that it takes some time.

Hope this helps! Best of luck.
    Sell Online with Volusion’s E-commerce Software Solution

Quote Originally Posted by JStetson View Post
    I wouldn't waste your time renting lists. You're best bet is to develop a list from your own customers who are interested in your services. Email marketing has lost a lot of its credibility due to spam and people don't respond that well any more unless they're expecting your message / offer.

I'd personally rather have a list of 50 customers who will read my email vs. 10,000 who are just going to mark it as junk.
    I totally agree with JStetson!
    Having real customers is better than having just many e-mail addresses.
    Also when you have to do with people who are really interested to you services you will have better results

Hey Harmain,

Question for you: What kind of business do you have?

If you have an online business, you should already be building a buyers list with the purchases made through your store.

If you have an offline business, then here's what you can do:

Put 2 bold 'call to actions' on your receipt, both all the way at the top and right below the price total. Make them say something like: "For Free Coupons Every Month, Please Visit: [your website URL that captures emails+names]"

Since only people that bought from you will see that website, anyone that goes to it is a buyer. And everyone looks at their total, so pretty much everyone will see that. By doing that you build a pre-qualified list of buyers, and you can market to them free (since emails are free to send).

I license that strategy to clients for $500 + $50/month to manage their email campaign. It definitely works, most people slash their marketing in half or more, so it's definitely worth it.

-Tom

Here are my tips:

- Understand/know your target customers
    - Stay focused
    - Create HTML emails and use pictures wisely.
    - Make important things easy to learn

E-mail marketing, i don't agree the marketing is successful. Ad is best on internet marketing. you get better performance.

Thread Information