Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: I moved my site and now it doesn't rank well

I moved my site and now it doesn't rank well

I just moved my ecommerce from a Yahoo Store to coreCommerce and now it seems my decent ranks have gone down to VERY poor rankings on several search engines. Anything I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Did your URLs change? Most likely you'll have to wait it out. I would not take drastic measures yet. It very well may correct itself in a month.

BEC

Quote Originally Posted by BasicECommerce View Post
    Did your URLs change? Most likely you'll have to wait it out. I would not take drastic measures yet. It very well may correct itself in a month.

BEC
    It's the same url it just points to the different store now is all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    It's the same url it just points to the different store now is all.

Thanks

Yes however the individual url's to various product pages have changed. As BasicECommerce has stated it will take time to re-index your new site. Get yourself a Google Analytics account so you can check the progress.

I also recommend to wait and see how it develops. If you act now and alter your site, you can just make it worse.

If your ranking isn't the same as before after some more weeks, you need to analyze your site more closer. Maybe the job of an experienced SEO expert ?

Is there any change in your domain. If any exist, then you have to start from scratch.

I need suggestions as well. But moving a site from HTML to wordpress. Following you guys!

If any change in below then definitely it will downrank,
    domain name change,
    url change,
    change in page extension,
    many broken links,
    images can not find,
    bad or spam back links
    taking too much loading time

It may take times. I also moved my last domain to my new domain & I lost my ranking on SERP but I didn't stop work ! I get my rank within 6 months ! So I would suggest you. Don't stop working on your domain.

Check your url for the domain changes ,some time i is happening for domain changes then,your sites take more loading time tit will affect your page rank so take care about website loading time.

It will take time for search engines to detect the change. Once they crawl in to your website the lost rankings may restore. Anyway check for a bad or spam back-links and on-page factors in your website. Try to correct all those things first.

Hey, it can be about Google Dance.
    The phenomena Google Dance is not a serious problem. Just keep calm and analyze the matters. This is also the moment helping your website reach the top more fast ever.
    You can solve Google Dance in following ways:
    - Content: maybe your web content is out of date. So this is exactly what you have to focus on mostly. You should not copy content from other sources and should consider as many photos in your website as possible.
    - The daily update of content is enough competitive? If not, you ought to concentrate on this more (new, unique factors along with the contents close to the Keywords are recommended)
    - The content quality and the internal links.
    - ... etc
    There are many other ways to improve your website rank. You can learn many from that sources. Just try and keep your mind in the best status
    Best Regards

Hello Bob,

Did you 301 redirect all your category, product and CMS pages to the new one? I hope I got your question correctly but migrating from one platform to other often has adverse SEO effect for the first couple of weeks.

1. Do check if all the URLs in your previous sitemap can be mapped to an equivalent URL on your new store.
    2. Make sure all the old ones are properly 301 redirected.
    3. Sumbit the new sitemap on Google and Bing, if you haven't already
    4. Watchout for 404 errors generated from the old site.

Hope that sorts out your SEO issues

No need to worry It will take time.

if you redirect your website to 301 then you will get some sorts of links not complete ..

Thread Information