Page 2 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: Need more traffic and more sales

Hi, you need to let me know your site before I can give you any ideas.

Fred Held

Thank you very much Fred, when you say "show more food" do you mean more and bigger graphics content for the food? Presenlty we do show them once you click on the short description. Active links are definitely a good idea, I will try to get that in place. But how do you feel navigating the site? Is it confusing or is ordering process too long that lot of visitors abandon before order completion? What is your perception?

Yes our endorsements are real and thanks for comments on our FAQs.

I found I was being hit with a lot of hard sell and I was confused by what appeared to be active buttons but were not. I could not get a good sense of what I was going to eating before I was hit with lots of options.

My suggestion is you start out with a simple meal plan and excersise plan for beginners. They get a chance to look at it and see the food, all in one click. So you are looking at three meals a day for the first week or 21 meals. Call this a typical middle aged woman's meal, most of customers are probably women, who needs to lose 25 pounds. If the woman fits that category, then all she has to do is click and buy.

Or, the woman can then have the options of changing sex, size, weight goals, and your other plan options.

I never saw food and I hunted around for a while.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by jelessy
    Hi, you need to let me know your site before I can give you any ideas.

Fred Held

I was hoping to get some information that I think is critical to the long term success of my website, but I don't know where to turn. My url is http://www.spaskin.com We sell skin care products. It is a fairly competitive space, but we manage to do okay in revenue due to our advertising on Adwords and Overture. We also tried Kanoodle, FindWhat, and Looksmart, which were a complete waste of money - no conversions. We do well with Google and Overture averaging about 4% conversions.

I am trying to build a significant increase in traffic to our website. When I look at competing sites through the Alexa.com analysis tools I see that our site is very small in comparison to other sites. I am lost when it comes to ideas about how to build large volumes of traffic. We have a current PRI of 4 with Google and are generally on the first or second page of listings for our keywords.

I would greatly appreciate any help or insight you can give me to building traffic.

Well in your title, I would put terms more in line with what searchers might enter into a search engine. You have all brand names there now and industry names. Not being in the industry, I didn't recognize a one of them. The title bar is the 1st thing crawled by a spider. After that, it's visible text content on your site, text links, and text AROUND links. Meta-tag Keywords come after all those things, in terms of importance.

These are things that you can do to improve your SE rankings organically, without paying to be ranked.

Hi, you have the same problem I have and that is you do not have brand names. The fact that you have a conversion rate of 4% is damn good! Once you get them there they convert.
    You are correct to assume that you do not have enough traffic. I did some searches and found your advertisements. Who is Day Spa, it is confusing. Your adwords are fine. Pricing is not a problem, because your competitors are getting more traffic.
    By the way, I like the feel of your website. For a multibrand site you give the appearance and feel of a boutique store.
    I am trying off line promotions. You can hire interns off of craigslist.org in any city you want to promote. You hire models, with acting and sales experience and then create handouts in the form of business cards. The sales reps put their name on the back of the card and they get paid 10% of sales through the website when some one buys and uses their name on the online purchase. I just conceived this idea and have not tested it yet.
    I have no other ideas for you since you are converting at such a high rate and your adwords are cool.
    Fred

Thank you for all your help.
    Jelessy, we are "spaskin"..not sure why you ask who the day spa is...basically I am selling all top brands that lots of spas use.
    JPnyc, I am happy with my ranking and conversion, but I am trying to find some new ideas about bringing more traffic.

Bringing traffic to your site is a risky move if you don't have the right person to implement the correct codes to your site that search engines such as Google and MSN can scan your pages to correspond with the searchers words. I have that person doing this for me.

I can help you. Please e-mail me and I'll forward you to the person that saved us.

I can helpp you. I have the person that can change your company. He saved ours and has done so with many others. I'm in search of people who are looking to cut their shipping rates with their stores and employ us to drop ship their items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanavp
    I was hoping to get some information that I think is critical to the long term success of my website, but I don't know where to turn. My url is http://www.spaskin.com We sell skin care products. It is a fairly competitive space, but we manage to do okay in revenue due to our advertising on Adwords and Overture. We also tried Kanoodle, FindWhat, and Looksmart, which were a complete waste of money - no conversions. We do well with Google and Overture averaging about 4% conversions.

I am trying to build a significant increase in traffic to our website. When I look at competing sites through the Alexa.com analysis tools I see that our site is very small in comparison to other sites. I am lost when it comes to ideas about how to build large volumes of traffic. We have a current PRI of 4 with Google and are generally on the first or second page of listings for our keywords.

I would greatly appreciate any help or insight you can give me to building traffic.

I am looking for more traffic for my website

I am doing a freelance graphic design website. I can't seem to get my site on the first or even 10th page of google. I just uploaded new keywords, descriptions and content. Can anyone tell me if it look like this time I did it right.

Also I am a starving graphic artist and will do any media job for dirt cheap?

Thanks,
    Shawn

www.aceandstarstudio.com

Your site seems fairly search engine friendly, to me. You have text links and plenty of text content for the bots to crawl. How long's the site been up?

Cool You need better marketing on your site more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle143
    I am doing a freelance graphic design website. I can't seem to get my site on the first or even 10th page of google. I just uploaded new keywords, descriptions and content. Can anyone tell me if it look like this time I did it right.

Also I am a starving graphic artist and will do any media job for dirt cheap?

Thanks,
    Shawn

www.aceandstarstudio.com
    I checked out your site because I am in the need for business cards and a logo for www.site-tuners.com. Forget that my site sucks. I did the work myself.

I tried to figure out how to order business cards and logo help and I got lost in the navigation. You are competing with some very successful eCommerce sites that are interactive and you can design online you own stuff.

I will not fill up this space with specific help, but your marketing message is very weak and once I try and buy something, the process is clumsy. You will find it difficult to compete for natural and sponsored search results with the big boys. Their advertising budgets are too huge, their traffic and linkages too many for you to compete with.

There are ways around this but I can not invest the time and energy to help you on this forum.

Fred

Wow, it really looks like you are putting your passion into a business. All you have to do is stay excited and keep advertising your site through friends and family. You'll be surpised how much traffic you will get.

A couple other ways is to set up a blog page and submit articles to different directories. In your business, people really want to keep current with what is hot out there. Current information is sought out by search engines and help you boost your ratings.

If you set up a blog, you can do daily, weekly, monthly, etc. updates on what's new out there and you can also give your opinions. After a while, you will have regular visitors that will leave comments. In this way, you can see what people think about your site.

It seems that you know a lot about fashion and writing articles will help you spread the word about what you know and it can help spread your link.

I hope this helps. Best wishes with your business!
    Need Home Business Information, Articles and Ideas?
    Visit: www.The-Easy-Home-Business.com

Any of your recommendations are already on the parcel but they are the underage ones. Your psychotherapy of the adwords and the humour is rattling subtle but right. I am leaving to photograph this out and go finished everything you praise.By the way, I was formerly SVP Marketng of Mattel and I eff to tell you, you tally extremely near marketing skills.

I am going to print this out as well as go through everything you recommend. Some of your passports are already on the site but they are the minor ones. Your analysis of the adwords as well as the mood is very subtle but correct.

Thread Information