Page 1 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: Ideas for niche marketing?

Ideas for niche marketing?

Does anyone have any websites they could recommend that give ideas on niche marketing. Our product -GPS- is rampant all over the internet and I'd like to offer some unique products as well as the traditional. #1 Question Does anyone has any ideas or suggestions on websites that showcase honest and reliable drop shippers- currently I use WorldWide, but I'm looking to hook up with more vendors than WorldWide has to offer in order to find unique products- doesn't have to be drop shippers as I can carry an inventory. #2 Does anyone have an ideas on a niche for GPS? Answers to either question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I kind of answered my question and I wanted to share it with you. I received an email from webpro news and it suggested downloading Web Ceo- it's free software that helps you with keywords and helps narrow down niches. I tried it out and I'm amazed at the information I'm getting and the keyword ideas. It's at www.webceo.com and I have no affiliation with them, put it seems pretty interesting. Just thought I'd share.

Have A Fabulous Weekend!

Be careful if someone offers something for free :-) In most cases, it isn't (I'm telling this as a general advise, not knowing how Web CEO works).

Hi Lady,

With the results you get from WebCEO, you can test those niche keywords with Adwords PPC. That way you have a better idea of what the search traffic is like for those niche keywords and how they respond to your site/product/service, before you invest resources into developing or SEO.

I recommend Google's Adword Keyword Tool for niche keyword testing. A list of additional tools that are useful for managing and monitoring your website are Google Tools
    E-Commerce & SEO Consultant for Small Businesses: www.E-CommerceAdviser.com

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGPS
    #1 Question Does anyone has any ideas or suggestions on websites that showcase honest and reliable drop shippers- currently I use WorldWide, but I'm looking to hook up with more vendors than WorldWide has to offer in order to find unique products- doesn't have to be drop shippers as I can carry an inventory.
    Here is an article with some information and links. Its info from McGrath and eBay oriented, however the Wholesale Sourcing and drop shipping info and links (plus the details on McGrath's site) are for everyone... not just those selling on ebay.

Strategies for Wholesale Sourcing
    http://e-commerceguide.com/essential...le.php/3736756

"A quick browse through the ECommerce-Guide forums shows that wholesale sourcing and drop shipping is an issue that many new online sellers and merchants are trying to figure out. Where to buy and what to sell are some of the most discussed questions. Following the latest ASD/AMD Wholesale Trade Show held in Las Vegas, we spoke with Skip McGrath, eBay Power Seller and author of seven books about eBay and Web marketing, about his recently released semi-annual wholesale sourcing issue of The eBay Seller's News. "

Kind regards,
    Vangie
    Webopedia - http://www.webopedia.com
    Online Computer Dictionary

ECommerce-Guide - http://e-commerceguide.com
    News, Reviews & Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by webshzu View Post
    I recommend Google's Adword Keyword Tool for niche keyword testing. A list of additional tools that are useful for managing and monitoring your website are Google Tools
    I don't think he is asking for the keyword research tools. I think he is asking for the marketing tools for getting the business..

I'm in pretty much the same boat. I used Facebook advertising so my site is now out there. I had 300K showings of my advert and 57 clickthroughs. That cost me $50. No sales but my daily hits now (a day after the 10 day advert run ended) seem to be about 10 - 15 hits. My highest was 40 hits when I also posted on Flickr. Clicks are not buyers though. I'm after buyers more than clicks. I've just posed my site to Craigslist too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderbus View Post
    I'm in pretty much the same boat. I used Facebook advertising so my site is now out there. I had 300K showings of my advert and 57 clickthroughs. That cost me $50. No sales but my daily hits now (a day after the 10 day advert run ended) seem to be about 10 - 15 hits. My highest was 40 hits when I also posted on Flickr. Clicks are not buyers though. I'm after buyers more than clicks. I've just posed my site to Craigslist too.
    Sounds typical for this sort of adverts. The problem is always finding the target audience instead of the curiosity seekers. Now go find that target audience.
    The Old Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Sarge View Post
    Sounds typical for this sort of adverts. The problem is always finding the target audience instead of the curiosity seekers. Now go find that target audience.
    Yes... Finding that target audience. I selected my Facebook candidates carefully - over 18 and in my local area. I want to deal locally to start. Once I have a local market I can go further afield.

57 clicks and 0 sales/conversions indicates you have/had the wrong target. You should have had 2, maybe 3, conversions if you subscribe to conventional e-commerce wisdom.
    The Old Sarge

I don't imagine he is taking for the keyword research tools. I guess he is asking for the marketing tools for becoming the business..

I don't conceive he is necessitating for the keyword research tools. I conceive he is expecting for the marketing tools for getting the business.

Yes, you must start by thinking about good business ideas in profitable niches. Your site's advertising and promotions will be carefully designed to win you optimal visibility to the buyers if you know the right niche of business.

Thread Information