Page 1 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: Blogs

Blogs

Many people have told me that a blog is a great way to create traffic for your website. I have a few questions. Are there websites for blogs and what type of information should you put on your blog? Does anyone have a good source for information on Blogs?

Thanks for your help,
    JK
    www.jkphotostovideos.com/content/home.shtml
    Turning Photo Moments into Video Memories

There are a ton of websites for Blogs. I use Blogspot.com. What you write about is what you know, or think, or imagine, or hallucinate. I would recommend keeping it relevant to the website you are trying to drive traffic to.

Blogs drive traffic because they have a lot of rich and unique content which the search engines love. They are an SEO tactic. That is, do not expect immediate results. Consistent postings (2 or 3 a week) for about 2 months will build credibility, history, and the content necessary for the search engines to label relevant. It has to be more than "look at my site". It has to be "this is information about this product/vendor/brand/industry". Speak to the consumer as if you are a 3rd party reviewer.

Also, it depends what industry you're in. This is a common practice in the electronics industry and a few others. Do some research to see how popular your industry is online. There may be a huge community waiting for your blog.

Finally, blogs are difficult to manage because they're almost untrackable. Its hard to say if they are helping or not when sales increase.

Thank you for your responses. You've been a big help. I figured that they would be pretty tough to track. It sounds like it can be very useful when you have new products or services to offer and introduce.

Thanks again,
    JK

I do not understand what's the difference with website and blog?
    Website is static web pages and dynamic web pages so is the blog. The content in website is more professional and in blog more personal but there is no other difference. If your business does not have much news releases so better start to blog then to get new customers.
    Both (the website and blog) still needs marketing.

The difference between a website and blog is the amount of attention. Websites require time to create and have higher upkeep costs. Blogs are simple to start and cheap to run. A post on a blog can take 10 minutes - opposed to a new page/article on a website which will take (at least) 30 min to write, then pass it on to the webmaster, then publish, then make it visible....
    In addition, websites need to look and sound professional in every sense. Blogs can be much more informal. Blogs try to 'chat' with potential customers while websites try to give sales pitches.

Why 5 page website needs a lot of time to create and maintain? And there are huge amount of open source tools available when the needs are bigger.
    Even if not used any platform and writing HTML from scratch it will take me few days maximum to write five pages. And why it takes more time to maintain websites compared to blog?
    Sure, if your website budget is to pay for Website Designer, Graphics Designer, HTML coder, SEO expert, etc then it takes much more them to create something useful as Website Designer is correcting mistakes that Graphics Designer had made, HTML coder is correcting mistakes that Website Designer did and SEO expert is correcting mistakes HTML coder did.

I was mainly speaking in general terms. If you have the skill set to create a professional looking content site, go for it. The term 'create a blog' is mainly used to easily convey the information that you should create mini-sites that you own and operate and make postings about your brand/products/services.

There is still debate in the industry as to whether a blog or website would be better for SEO. So, that is irrelevant.

It is also a marketing tool. And, like any marketing tool, there is a different set of strategies and best practices. It is a delicate operation that needs to be done just right to gain the effective advantage that one can give you. I could go into a large spiel about the fickle web users and the consumer psychology involved with this operation, but that is not what this thread is about.

Your website hoster has blog software available to you,
    probably for free, to integrate into your site, so you don't
    have to send your visitors to blogspot to view your blog.

This way you have control over the ads if any.

With the blog sites you could be talking about something
    on your web site "pink pickle shears" and blogspot would
    pick up on that key word and put ads for your competitors
    along the right hand side. Bad bad bad. You want to
    keep those visitors on YOUR website.

best regards
    wiz

There's a lot of way to get traffic. Blog is just one way, you also have to do some articles, press releases, newsletter and a lot more. Getting more traffic is the same as having more sweat and money that you'll need to produce.

Good luck mate!
    Prime Outsourcing | offshore solutions | managed and dedicated

it definitely won't happen overnight, but blogs can be helpful. One key thing is to write content that shows your professional expertise that might be of benefit to everyone. It's hard to keep up, but you might write the occasional blurb about some aspect of small business operation. Or, another tactic is to link to an article and write a brief reaction to it. There are endless variations. If you do start a blog, remember that it's also a form of social networking -- visit other blogs and post comments, try to get folks to read and link to your blog. That's a good way to get noticed.

I've been reading quite a few blogs. I do find the ones that I really enjoy are those where it is clear the writer knows what they are talking about. It really does make you want to see their websites.
    JK

Blog is a great way of promoting your site...You can also put one way link there pointing to your site...You can post some of your site product there and elaborate it better...Or your site services...

Unfortunately most blogs I read so far were just boring; either as up-to-date like yesterday's newspaper or so obviously written just for marketing purposes, that they were not worth the time reading them.

Anyway, this also means that an informative, carefully written blog has good chances to get popular :-)

Regarding where to start a blog... call me paranoid, but I tend to have my blog hosted on my server. Consider that the blog site you write in goes offline, then all your work is lost.

Blogs are a great way for getting people to your site. It is basically an easy way to drive traffic by putting up interesting and relevant information. We use it all the time, it does work...
    OneTouch Online Purchasing™ for digital content

www.onetouchpurchasing.com

Thread Information