Thread: Getting bonded as an ecommerse site owner

Getting bonded as an ecommerse site owner

Someone suggested I become bonded for my site since they will be giving me information about their biz.

What site/company is the best and cheapest for this? Or what should I look for?

Have you looked around on the net?

I have tried searching using several different words but mostly I am coming up with a purchase type agent, but I don't know if that would give me the creditionals I needed.

Do you know some who already have bonded as ecommerce site owner? If yes then try to consult him or ask him, he might be able to assist you much better.

Why would you need to a bonded web site owner.
    Just conduct your business honestly and fairly.
    Dave
    Apex Business Solutions
    http://www.apxbs.com
    sales@apxbs.com

Are you maybe confusing "bonding" with an SSL certificate?
    The Old Sarge

I would think based on what you do on your site bonded is the correct term, and its frequently used with people who deal with financial or personal property or information of other individuals or companies. If you say you are 'bonded' it shows prospective clients that you are trustworthy and so on because you hve no criminal record in regards to theft, fraud, and similar.

I've found this to be a common question on job application forms "Are you bondable?" rather than the employer asking "Do you have a criminal record". I honestly have no clue how you get proof or become bonded/bondable for an individual -- but maybe try some Web searches using works like bond, bondable, individual, proof, and your state to see if you can get some specific details?

For a business use of the word bond, I found this page which might help you with better search terms:

http://www.isquare.com/faq.cfm#bond

"From time to time a small business, especially those performing contracting services will be asked to bond his work in advance. In some states certain types of contractors are required to be bonded. What is a bond, how do you get one, and what does it do?"

It sounds like the first two types of bonding are most related to your business?

Hope that helps.
    Vangie
    Webopedia - http://www.webopedia.com
    Online Computer Dictionary

ECommerce-Guide - http://e-commerceguide.com
    News, Reviews & Solutions

Something that just came to mind is email bonding. Some companies do this to help ensure that emails / newsletters get to their subscribers.

You can not become bonded just to become bonded. Someone has to require it of you, typically by the government for a contract or license.

You may want to read this article Getting your business bonded

Bondpro,

What about a locksmith business? If the state does not require a locksmith to have a license or a bond, he can still get bonded. It's commonly done through the locksmith school upon "graduation" or certification. I'm sure there are plenty of other similar professions.
    The Old Sarge

Thread Information