Page 7 of 19 ... 5678917 ... Last>>

Thread: iCode Everest or Netsuite? - Looking for an "all-in-one" small business solution

I would like some feed back on Southware. I am helping new racing parts company pick accounting software. The plan on being both click and morter.

Thanks

New version of Everest Advanced

Just wondering if folks saw that Everest Software (used to be iCode) announced version 3.0 of Everest Advanced yesterday.

Part of the announcement was a new software developers kit and a focus (or maybe "refocus" is a better word) on developing channel partners.

It will be interesting to see if opening up the software lets resellers help SMBs get their money's worth.

Question Should I use Icode

Hi

I have seen all the issues here with Icode. I bought Icode advance about a year and a half for a project that never came off. But I am thinking of using it now becuse of the integration. What is really needed is the service, pos, ecommerce and accounting. But now I am having second thoughts. My first experience was good. Dont know about now.

Please advise

Thumbs up My 2 cents of info

Hi,

If such thoughts cross your mind next time drop me an email info@info-sourcing.com or visit my website http://www.info-sourcing.com/ERP_Enterprise.htm and maybe I have a solution that fits every budget and every customer to keep them happy...

I exclusively help Everest customers, coz of in-depth knowledge in the enterprise software and passion to succeed.

Everest is a grt integrated software with a bad customer satisfication not sure why? I will let icode mgmt figure that out ...

To all existing everest software owners, I wish you the best. If you are a small business and you looking for solution, I warn you ahead of time, do not consider everest. These people are crazy. What I am telling you here is first hand experience. I bought a sing user from which has now expired the service contract. After reading this forum I called them today. Lo and behold. Below is a copy of the quote they sent me to renew my service. I know we have reps on the forum but unfortunately, this came directly from the company. Remember this is only a single user. I am sure they gone senile.

It was a pleasure speaking to you. Per our conversation, the support renewal pricing for your license is:

Base license (Accounting and Inventory): $1040
    Ecommerce: $800
    Databridge: $240
    POS: $400
    MailBridge: $192
    PageBoost: $240
    CRM Studio: $800

I have not included Payroll or Pocket Everest, per our conversation.

Coopertool,

Did the software stop working? Or, does the software continue to work but the support contract is expired?

In either case, if I were in your position, I would write back and say that I'd be glad to pay $1,000 for all of those items OR I'd be glad to pay a consultant to move me to something else. Give them a choice: either they can continue to keep you as a valued customer and make $1,000, or they can continue to be unreasonable and make $0. There are lots of consultants and others here chomping at the bit to sell this kind of s/w - with Interprise you can get it for free, and there are other free or low-cost solutions as well.

You won't believe this.

3 days ago the CEO of icode sent out a customer mailing via email and copied about 1/3 of his customers email addresses into the cc: block. An "ad hoc forum" immediately sprang into life as angry customers began hitting "reply to all" and asking if anyone was actually satisfied with Everest. You wouldn't believe how mad some of them are. A few are "satisfied".

A real forum was just opened up for Everest customers. Here is the link:
    http://hstore.infopop.cc/groupee/for.../f/51310998921

The administrator says you're invited to join and read comments from actual users and anti-users alike. He has posted a link to this forum so Everest users can become aware of other options and read the views of a larger community.

Jazzcat
    I aint want anything more to do with everest. I pretty much told them go to hell. I will reccomend to all my clients to use Interprise Suite. I intend to support them 100%.
    Did you not read that many of the people want to leave too?

a little late in the thread but I just found it.

we are using Everest Advanced for www.eurostyleseast.com and personally I'm really pleased with the results....

but....

I would never recommend it.

Having a technical background I was able to skip the training. The learning curve wasn't too steep. I know if I didn't have such a background, I would have been in big trouble. The ecommerce site is lacking to say the least, and many little hacks had to be implemented to get it up to par with most of the other feature-full ecommerce packages out there. Accounting is antiquated and isn't even used. Luckily we didn't pay much for the software, as the only features that are worth anything are the inventory and sales/purchasing processes.

The lack of application customization is probably my biggest disappointment.

Our service contract is up and will not be renewed. When we require a new all-in-one solution, it'll be with a different company.

Has anyone looked at Adept.net or AccTrak21 for in-house, integrated solutions instead of netsuite, or everest? Adept.net looks pretty good, except the web part is a little fuzzy to me.

This thread started a long time ago but I will add my experience. Everest works great for us BUTTTTT almost all said before is true. I started a company using peachtree which got outgrown. Found Everest looked great bought into about 2 months before the supposedly restructured the company for a single user license $3500 ($2500 for license $1000 for like 10 1 hour phone calls for implementation). One really needs a strong IT background to get it going on your own I cant not count the hours in setting it up, reading and getting the knowledge I needed to make it work. Good now but not when you are busy trying to make a business work. I imagine that’s what a lot of the other peoples problems were but they paid for implementation it should have worked and worked right. We did not renew our contract with Everest because to get what we originally paid $2500 for now cost $5200 a year every year when we signed up it was $500 and we were told that it would not change. Everest is decent software in my opinion but there people skills **** they will not budge on their prices for support. And the support you receive is ok at best in my experience. At the $2500 price it was a great deal now I think it’s not worth it

You are not the first person to have said that. I am quite astounded at the number of truly frustrated customers Everest presently has. It hurts me to see companies spend well earned money on solutions that provide headaches at every corner. I believe this is one of the reasons why so many are flocking to our software.
    I am sorry you had such a frustrating experience EricS. Thank you for your post.
    E-commerce and Content Management made Affordable and Easy:
    http://www.coremanagementsolutions.com

Another option to packaged products is to hire a solid e-commerce development company that can build a custom site for you based on open-source products. I work with such a company and they build SEO friendly e-commerce sites from the ground up. Then I add in web analytics to improve conversion, online marketing techniques, and affiliate systems to handle the sales channels.

I recommend customers hire an appropriate e-commerce consultant to do the evaluation of the needs and select either a package (e.g. like Evolution) + some tweaking or else go with a custom site.

Much of it depends on the amount of integration you need to do with other systems, which is the "gotcha" in e-commerce.

Regards,
    Peter

Has anyone tested this package yet? www.distone.com

I have no idea what pricing is, but they claim to be "Small Business" not "Icode Small Business" I'm still having sticker shock from the quote from Icode. They just don't get the mass market of 1-10 users.

Thumbs up My 2 cents

Hmm a new one haven't heard about them, need to research more on this one ... But did you look into Evolution, Interprise Suite they should fit in your "small business" category....

Everybody defines small, medium and big the way they percieve it ... For me small, medium and big is defined by "how much would you like to spend for such a solution compared to revenue that is generated from your business, minus the pain points/headaches in automating it".

iCode's solution is not for 1-10 users for sure, with its growing cost, you are better of buying a branded solution like NetSuite ...
    OR
    If you are a 10 user company ready to invest 30K and recover the software cost within couple of years then any software would be a grt solution...

I would recommend to all business owners to do some GAP analysis, where in you create a spreadsheet and weigh every factor like cost, hidden cost, implementation, training, support, customization, running cost, etc then it becomes very clear who could be your software vendor and at what price.....

Thread Information