Page 4 of 19 ... 2345614 ... Last>>

Thread: iCode Everest or Netsuite? - Looking for an "all-in-one" small business solution

Thumbs down Icode is perpetrating a fraud on aspiring small business

Here's our Icode sob story.
    We were a fast growing clicks and mortar business (1.5M/year in 2001). We were looking for a solution just like Everest promised to be. You save money on payroll, one software for multiple locations, point-of-sale etc.
    So we purchased a 10 user Everest license in Feb '02. Same as everyone else, they told us it would be up and running in a week if we hired their "implemetation engineers" to come on site for a week. So we paid $38000 for the whole deal and had them come out.
    October '02 we scheduled them to come out. They had two guys come out (one was in training), and after a weeks time, nothing was working. All they could say was that the brand new Dell servers we bought would be reformatted(because these guys had messed them up so bad, they were the only ones that touched the machines). They couldn't even import the data from netsuite (which we were using for accounting at the time). So, they sent the qualified onsite guy back two weeks later. The software was "not ready for primetime". So we started using it without our previous data. We were on the phone with their support crew virtually every day because this or that didn't work right. Two weeks later they sent another support guy out (at our expense!) because they said we needed him to rebuild our database. Only one catch, all the information we had put in over the two weeks we were working on the system would have to be thrown out! So we bit the bullet, and got it done.
    After that we spent at least 10 hours/week on the phone with their support folks (who speak hardly intelligible English by the way) and over the course of the first year submitted over 100 support "incidents". An incident was a situation where something didn't work right.
    Here we are paying them to tell them whats wrong with their software! Thats not how it works...We should have been paid for being their lab rats.
    We have talked to many Icode users and all of them have the same feelings and thoughts on this subject. No one is happy.
    We are not lawyers, but if one of you out there reads this, you could probably make a lot of money off this situation. I don't know how they can get away with this FRAUD, but it has to stop before there are more victims.

If anyone would like to buy our 10 user license, you can get it at a bargain price of $20,000.

P.S. I don't know much about Interprise, but hasn't anyone noticed that their website looks and feels a lot like Icode? Who are these people?

I don't think the Interprise people are related to Icode in any way. Interprise is written in the Phillipines while Icode is done in India. Some of the Interprise people were previously affiliated with Comtech Solutions (Image Premier) in Houston. Comtech opened a development office in the Phillipines and some of those people now work at Interprise.

I have a working demo of Icode and I also bought a 5 user license at $10,500 that isn't installed. They want more than $40k to get it going. I was supposed to get implementation somewhere between $8k and $20k but everytime I tried to schedule a date they raised the price. I like the working demo but it isn't always easy-to-use and I don't think my people would get as much out of it as they could due to the learning curve.

I also have a beta release of Interprise. I love it. Very intuitive user interface and it looks like there is a clear and logical way to customize it if necessary. The beta is buggy but then again, it is a beta version. Whether or not the first release version runs smoothly is anybody's guess. It's supposed to be out by the end of the year. If you're in a position to wait and see if they make a good start, then it might be well worth the wait. The biggest difference from Icode currently is the price!

Thumbs down iCode Everest vs. NetSuite

I'm a small business here in Australia ( www.cameraworld.com.au ) we purchased Everest Advanced a little over a year ago, we received our 'support charge' three months ago and it has increased more than 400% over the original pricing, they apparently have changed direction.

We paid it and the service is still the same rubbish as before, every release has consistant fatal bugs and we are about to sign up with NetSuite with still 9 months of support available from iCode (Shows how much their product is making our business suffer!), their support and product are rubbish! The supposed developers in Australia & Singapore complaign that they have huge trouble customizing the product due to the dreadful and more than $200US and hour support from iCode out of India, also everytime they load an update my site has to be virtually rebuilt from scratch.

Once my NetSuite site is finished, I'd be happy to give you the software for free! But personally the product is a bottomless pit for money with no return.
    The CRM is a joke, the site cannot even be picked up by web crawlers so no organic rankings and the site goes down on average once a week. We pay for both iCode direct support & local supplier support, the Australian sales agent is so sick of iCode Indias pathetic support that he is dropping the product all together.

I may sound bitter, and I am, but the product honestly is average at best and even worse their support is tragic especially when you calculate the cost.

Do yourself a favour and look at NetSuite or some other product from a major supplier with 'local' support the less you have to deal with hardware, software and maintenance the more time you can have on driving your business making profits for you.

Thumbs down iCode still not responsive

After several more months of trying to work with iCode, we have abandoned our Everest installation. We are now in the terrible position of having to decide what to do about the now $120K plus we have lost to this fraudulent and unreasonable company. Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from iCode as you possibly can.

Are you working directly with iCode or with a reseller?

I have experienced all of the above.
    All of us are in the same situation, we got fulled one way or another, they sold us a product that looked good, but had no real good backend, crashing all the time, crawlers can not pick up any pages, on and on ,
    we should all get together & go after Icode guys legally,
    they made our life misreble, lets make theirs worst, we paid them good money , & they took it & ran, now no real support , no good product.
    one advice to all of you do not buy Everest.
    We should all go to the district attorney & file a complain, may be at east we can get our money back.

So, are you still a VAR of ICODE

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdov
    Sorry I joined this thread a bit late for Mutahman...
    As a VAR for Icode, I think they have a great product - but in their direct sales operation, they don't get the customer service and support part. Fortunately they are moving more towards a Reseller channel.
    As a certified Icode VAR we have been successful in supporting our many Icode installations, with better service and lower costs than Icode direct. We have implemented clients from 5 to 100 users, and continue to support them.
    I'd be happy to discuss with anyone who is interested, and to provide references etc.
    I'm looking hard at it and I'd like to talk to someone. How can I reach you?

OK, so I read all of the messages in this thread. I am hearing that most people are very upset with ICODE, I don't think I heard of 1 person say they like it. However it sounds like everybody is in the transitioning phase to another product like NetSuite or Interprise (when it comes out).

So are there folks out there that can rave about a solution (ICODE, NetSuite, etc.) that they have implemented and are very pleased with in all aspects (price, service, support, functionality,etc.)?

Icode Victim!!!

I am in total shock right now, the level of service being delivered by Icode is the worst I have ever seen in 12 years with CRM, ERP and Finance system I have never come close to this level of frustration.

They sell software that doesnt work and then refuse to assist you.

As far as I'm concerned this company is fraudulent and needs to be stopped. Any of you other Icode Victims want to get together?

iCode cares

There are two sides to every story.

The iCode customer satisfaction rating has continued to improve over the last 2 years as illustrated by the customer survey conducted on an annual basis every April.

The iCode product works and works well. This can be attested to by the thousands of customers currently using Everest Advanced and the significant number of customers willing to be referenced as to how Everest has had a positive impact on the way they manage their business.

iCode is willing to assist any customer who has a current maintenance contract. As with any software company, customer support is not free. iCode offers customers the option of either having an annual maintenance contract with unlimited calls to customer support or the flexability to pay by the call.

If you have a legitimate issue, please email me and I will look into the situation.

Icode is a performance product

I have been an Icode customer since 2001. I have found them to helpful and very supportive. I can not figure out who you are and why you are so bitter towards them? I have been in business for 52 years and find them to be a value oriented company with solid solutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladinaction
    Here's our Icode sob story.
    We were a fast growing clicks and mortar business (1.5M/year in 2001). We were looking for a solution just like Everest promised to be. You save money on payroll, one software for multiple locations, point-of-sale etc.
    So we purchased a 10 user Everest license in Feb '02. Same as everyone else, they told us it would be up and running in a week if we hired their "implemetation engineers" to come on site for a week. So we paid $38000 for the whole deal and had them come out.
    October '02 we scheduled them to come out. They had two guys come out (one was in training), and after a weeks time, nothing was working. All they could say was that the brand new Dell servers we bought would be reformatted(because these guys had messed them up so bad, they were the only ones that touched the machines). They couldn't even import the data from netsuite (which we were using for accounting at the time). So, they sent the qualified onsite guy back two weeks later. The software was "not ready for primetime". So we started using it without our previous data. We were on the phone with their support crew virtually every day because this or that didn't work right. Two weeks later they sent another support guy out (at our expense!) because they said we needed him to rebuild our database. Only one catch, all the information we had put in over the two weeks we were working on the system would have to be thrown out! So we bit the bullet, and got it done.
    After that we spent at least 10 hours/week on the phone with their support folks (who speak hardly intelligible English by the way) and over the course of the first year submitted over 100 support "incidents". An incident was a situation where something didn't work right.
    Here we are paying them to tell them whats wrong with their software! Thats not how it works...We should have been paid for being their lab rats.
    We have talked to many Icode users and all of them have the same feelings and thoughts on this subject. No one is happy.
    We are not lawyers, but if one of you out there reads this, you could probably make a lot of money off this situation. I don't know how they can get away with this FRAUD, but it has to stop before there are more victims.

If anyone would like to buy our 10 user license, you can get it at a bargain price of $20,000.

P.S. I don't know much about Interprise, but hasn't anyone noticed that their website looks and feels a lot like Icode? Who are these people?

Icode has been a solid product

Why are you complaining here, I have been an icode customer since 2001 and I have not problems with the product working. I have been in business for 52 years and have found Everest to be a solid solution to run my business on. You must not be a real company.

ave experienced all of the above.
    All of us are in the same situation, we got fulled one way or another, they sold us a product that looked good, but had no real good backend, crashing all the time, crawlers can not pick up any pages, on and on ,
    we should all get together & go after Icode guys legally,
    they made our life misreble, lets make theirs worst, we paid them good money , & they took it & ran, now no real support , no good product.
    one advice to all of you do not buy Everest.
    We should all go to the district attorney & file a complain, may be at east we can get our money back.[/QUOTE]

why should you buy Everest from Icode

I have read some of the information posted on this site and I can't believe my eyes. I have been an Icode Customer since June of 2001. I have found them to be helpful and willing to work with me to solve any and all problems. I have migrated to their new product from Accware and I have been impressed with working of the product. The product is solid and stable and works fine for our 52+ year old company. I'm shocked that web site like this would cause any customer to not want to buy the product that was being slamed. The parties that write the articles that I have read show no credibility what so ever as the statements that are being made look more like Fraud and bad mouthing than fact. I personally made the decision to go with Icode products and my business is running fine. I'm guessing that your readers of this site must be out of business or close to it. We like the product and we are using it daily. I continue to see results from the Icode Everest product and will look forward to being a user of it for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by icodevictim
    I am in total shock right now, the level of service being delivered by Icode is the worst I have ever seen in 12 years with CRM, ERP and Finance system I have never come close to this level of frustration.

They sell software that doesnt work and then refuse to assist you.

As far as I'm concerned this company is fraudulent and needs to be stopped. Any of you other Icode Victims want to get together?

when purchasing this leval product

Bryan thanks for your version of things, now you starding a new business so I quess that you have not looked at Great Plains software. The product that you are referencing must be for a business with no Enterprise budget. I guess if you have few to none employees and your are counting every penny that you should consider any low cost option to run your business. Everest is for Companies that are looking for a long term solution that runs on a stable platform. I have been a customer of Icode's since June of 2001. I compared their product to 24 other software products and found their sollution to be superior with features and performance beyond the industry leader. I don't think that any product is perfect. I'm not sure where your comments are coming from but they are hardly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Starting a new business from the ground up, and I'd like to do it right the first time.

I was leaning towards iCode Everest Advanced, and planning on hosting the entire suite on a server at my ISP... ...but have just come across new information on NetSuite's hosted solution, which is sounding pretty good too...

What I'm looking for:
    - all in one business management(!)
    - ecommerce
    - CRM
    - inventory management
    - sales & shipping
    - integrated payments system

...is that everything?

Am I on the right track with iCode, or should I be looking at a wider range of solutions?

I contacted CoreSense, but the $15,000 startup fee left a sour taste in my mouth...(I don't think they fully understand the 'small' in 'small business'...!)

It's only myself for now, with another person possibly joining me in 6 months. I'd like to 50-90% online sales, but also have the ability to access a type of POS internal to the office (it's an automotive performance shop that sells performance and OE parts, as well as having a 'service' component and shop with face-to-face customer relations...)

Thanks for any help.

Mutah does your price mean that there is no other cost

I'm not sure how are what criteria that you use in evaluating software. I have been running a sucessful busines that is 52 years old. What about recurring expenses. What you are saying here makes no sense. I'm sure your product must be a rental product with recurring cost annually. What about support i'm sure that your figure does not include any support from the company and that you are paying for support and for training extra. And does your prodcut run on your own server or are you renting time on their system to run your application? Everest is in a whole different class to what you are refereing to product wise. You are bad mouthing a product that has features beyond maybe what your business can afford? hey don't buy the product if you don't want it. But to spend time bad mouthing the Everest product on this blog makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mutahman
    If $15000 seems high you will be floored with the quotes you get from iCode and Netsuite. I was really pumped with what we saw at iCode, then they came back with a $59000 quote. We were floored!

We design, produce and distribute storage cases for digital products (www.slappa.com) and we sell to retailers, importers and directly to customers online.

We are looking for essentially what you had listed:

- all in one business management(!)
    - ecommerce
    - CRM
    - inventory management
    - sales & shipping
    - integrated payments system
    + we want our accounting working in the same system/database

The only thing we may have that you don't is multi-currency.

We only have 10 users yet the quote from iCode was $6500 for the base license, $13,000 for the additional 8 licenses and $27000 for implementation/training and on site expenses.

Netsuite came back with $20,000 for 3 years of license. In all, these companies who are pitching their solutions for small and medium companies are not realistic. $60,000 is not an enterprise wide deal for a fortune 1000, but at the same time it's not a solution you are going to get many 10 person, 2 year old companies to bite on.

Over the past week I've been tempted to start up another business that brings such solutions to market at a price that is really for the small companies of the world

Thread Information