Page 18 of 19 ... 816171819 Last>>

Thread: iCode Everest or Netsuite? - Looking for an "all-in-one" small business solution

i thought I would point out that I posted a response at -
    http://forums.smallbusinesscomputing...&postcount=118 that addresses some of the Interprise related questions in this thread.

Thanks!!
    ----------------------------
    Gary Harrison
    Interprise Solutions

I have to admit I believed maybe that network was more focus on on the mid-market they days, but mutter experience shows they however "get" the small business concern market.

Brightpearl seems to be a good all-in-one 'cloud' system, not as feature rich as Netsuite much cheaper - seems mainly UK based but have just opened a US office in San Francisco

To develop a website to sell your products and services, has a good overall strategy of CRM in place and followed. Offer your customers communications, is a part of your site through chat, forums and provide as much information about products and services you sell.

Our position up is a jam-packed soup to nuts accomplishment, with 8 users out of the gateway, so it will be fascinating to see how well we (as a group) acquire to the system and how a large amount it helps.

May have finally found the perfect system

After many years of searching, and far too many demo's (I could probably now write a book on systems) it looks like I have come across the holy grail of systems that might work for the posters in this thread.
    It is called TrueERP and has many of the functions we have all been searching for.
    Had a demo today and very impressed. Only downside? their support and maintenance plan which runs at $4000 per year. I could live with the $21,000price for 5 user system but $333 a month for support/maintenance/updates seems a bit steep to me. Their average buyer is 10 users, but why have only 1 plan for support? Should this be based on the number of users? A great deal for a 20 - 50 user system, but to high based on just 5 users.
    Anyone else care to comment on this?

Louie

If you are planning to carry an stock, you should make sure that your resources can supply you within hours of an order. Back-orders are a end sentence for a new company sampling to sell online.

Any new Info?

I've read most all of this thread. Seems like Netsuite is still the winner if you can afford it. Anybody have anything new on Interprise Suite?

I am a current Everest customer and would steer clear of it. While Everest offers an all-in-one package, it is a nightmare for support and the web side of things is doggy. We're still looking for something better. My last frustration with Everest was when we let our maintenance lapse and were changed 21K to re-license plus 15k for maintenance. Not very customer friendly to say the least. I doubt they'll be around for long which is one reason why we're looking for another solution.

Quote Originally Posted by RCNLE View Post
    I've read most all of this thread. Seems like Netsuite is still the winner if you can afford it. Anybody have anything new on Interprise Suite?

I am a current Everest customer and would steer clear of it. While Everest offers an all-in-one package, it is a nightmare for support and the web side of things is doggy. We're still looking for something better. My last frustration with Everest was when we let our maintenance lapse and were changed 21K to re-license plus 15k for maintenance. Not very customer friendly to say the least. I doubt they'll be around for long which is one reason why we're looking for another solution.
    I will be learning more about this vendor over the coming weeks, and will post back here what I learn. If this is of a more urgent nature, contact us at smb research (dot) net (R Eastman).

We have done an indepth briefing with Interprise Solutions, and our research of this vendor continues.

As promised, I am providing a brief synopsis of our research here, with more research and analysis available directly from our technology analyst firm for clients.

Interprise Solutions has been mentioned often in this forum. As is not entirely unusual for smaller software companies, this firm has gone through some ups and downs. Interprise Solutiions is the first to admit this. They are less than a year removed from an M&A that did not work out, and Interprise is more fortunate than some in that they have apparently been able to pick themselves up and regroup. In the near-term, they appear to be growing, and committing a considerable number of resources to development.

Disclosure: SMB Research has no financial or client relationship with Interprise Solutions.

Everest Software end-users

I expect to be talking to at least a couple of current Everest Software end-users. Let me know if there is something you wish I would ask. If you are a current end-user, I would enjoy talking with you. I am working up an analysis of the latest on Everest Software. Summary will be posted here. Full details available offline.

SMB Research, thank you for the balanced comments on Interprise.

I would be happy to give you a sneak peak at our upcoming 6.0 product which will be a major lead forward for both us and our user community. We recently gave a demo of 6.0 to Infosourcing (who has recently decided to focus mainly on selling and supporting Interprise) and he has some comments on it in his blog - http://interprisesuite.blogspot.com/. Just PM for details.

The new owners (who also own companies that use Interprise to run and manage their other businesses) have been investing in growing the company and adding expertise. We have recently brought on Ezra Weinstein (who was the President of Tradepoint and founder of Premier POS) to head up our Point of Sale and Mobile Technologies division and Ryan So (who was in charge of product development at AspDotNetStorefront) to head up our eCommerce division.

One of the problems we found in the past with ERP / CRM / eCommerce sales is that it they are all too complex of a product to sell in a 60 minute demo. Often clients will not find that the product does not meet their needs after purchase - or that they have to customize the product to meet their needs. To ensure that companies fully understand the functionality of our product we have a free version that companies can either download from our website or run in our on-demand environment to make sure that our product is right for them. We also have a active community with add-on products, forums, videos, etc. to help new users along.

We also offer bi-monthly 3 day training classes which is a great way for companies to really understand the products capabilities before purchase. Having been at this for awhile, I would highly suggest anyone looking to buy a system to run their company/ website for yearsto invest a few days in product training before making such an important purchase decision!
    ----------------------------
    Gary Harrison
    Interprise Solutions

I recommend checking out Dydacomp's Multichannel Order Manager:

Multichannel Order Manager(M.O.M.) is a PCI compliant order management solution built for ecommerce, multi-channel and distribution businesses. M.O.M. enables your business to track inventory across eCommerce operations and catalog fulfillment for cross channel inventory control. Multichannel Order Manager makes order processing easy whether it's three or three thousand orders per day. It offers up-to-the-minute status report lets you select and review orders by status and improve your order processing operations. M.O.M.'s shipping integration capabilities with UPS, FedEx,USPS, and more will allow your business to print out a finished, peel-and-stick printing label including bar codes, tracking information and account information with the click of a button. The easy shipping integrations help to reduce error and save time by eliminating the need for double data entry.

M.O.M.'s accounting features to track and report the daily financial numbers by providing an interface to QuickBooks and all many other popular software accounting packages available today. Multichannel Order Manager allows your business to effectively maintain and manage customer information and track all communications between you and that customer in one easy location. You are able to keep track of emails, phone calls, orders placed, ect. to keep all communication with consumers consistent across all channels.

Multichannel Order Manager's 2-way integration with SiteLINk eCommerce solution makes managing your online store is easy. SiteLINK's store management features include flexible, easy-to-use design and setup tools, unlimited products, inventory tracking, multiple payment option, search engine optimization tools and more. SiteLINK's shopping cart features create a great shopping experience your customers. SiteLINK stores can be customized to ensure your online store accurately represents your brand. It's easy-to-use layout tools allow you to present departments, categories and products in a manner you choose. Shopper features include coupons, wish lists, multiple ship-to addresses, search capabilities, return user logins, and much more. While SiteLINK’s built SEO features drive traffic to your online store and expand your online presence, SiteLINK’s selling tools help increase conversion rates, average order sizes and online revenue for your business.

Hope this helps!

Thumbs down Real world MOM user review

(from my experience)here is my top 10 reasons someone should NOT buy MOM

1 FoxPro Database need I say more
    2 constant need to reindex files, you MUST reindex every week or system will error out . When you call support they will ALWAYS ask you if you reindexed this week and if you say no they will say call back when you have

3 credit card .dll error can’t charge credit cards on windows7 64 bit using their gateway.MOM crashes every time I try to charge a card. Once I restart MOM I can charge the card. This happens about 5-10 times day you can imagine the pain this is. Where is the fix????? It’s been about 11 months so far NO FIX!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Sitelink is horrid, everyday I get at least 1 customer call saying they have lost their entire shopping cart , kind of sucks when you have 30 or more items in it.
    When you get this many complaints about the same issue you know it’s got to be MOM and not all of these customers.

5 credit card gateway BEWARE. You can’t use your own Authorize.net merchant account. When I purchased the MOM system the sales person promised I could use my current authorize.net merchant account only to find that when I tried to implement the system I was told that I needed to open a NEW authorize.net account through DYDACOMP. After almost one year of use my monthly processing fees/ charges are double what they were before with less volume.my fees are averaging 5-8.5% a far cry from the 2% they quoted me,also read their CC contract really good
    6 tech support they will tell you their support is in the USA but when the tech calls you he clearly is in India, the only Americans you will talk to are the sales people and may a top level tech sometimes. And if you get an American tech they have that typical NYC attitude.
    7 input fields every time I try to input data in MOM and you exceed the limits of the field it will automatically send you to the next field (SUPER ANNOYING). Every other piece of software on the planet will stop when you exceed the fields limit. From the top of any screen you can keep hitting the enter button and you will toggle through every field on the form until you hit the bottom of the page . This makes quick data entry really hard since you are always being sent to next field!!!SERIOUS FLAW IN SYSTEM!!!
    8 network connectivity, MOM frequently looses sync with the server. When talking to tech support they always blame my network although we have never had any issues with any over our other network items
    9 forums they have two, one for paid users who can vent their frustrations (IN PRIVATE)and 1 public which is all rosey as to give the idea that the software is AWESOME. makes no sense to me

10 NOT PCI compliant, after 30 days of using the software i was sent and email trying to sell me a PCI compliant shopping cart (sitelink).WTF i was just sold a PCI compliant shopping cart 30 days prior.i called back to ask my sales rep what the heck is going on,but be no longer worked there.looks like every Sitelink user is NON PCI COMPLIANT
    I will never ever trust DYDACOMP sales people again they are like used car salesmen (in my opinion) , they say one thing then do another . I have already been through 3 different sales people in the last 11 months what do that say about the company???

People if you think you are going to get an order management system with a tied in ecommerce store for 3 or 4k think again, they will say they have 3500 active users but I don’t believe them, more like 3500 pissed off users. For a real order management system with integrated ecommerce store you will spend min 50K (for most common systems) on software and implementation not including maintenance.

I am sticking with my original software Interprise Suite, now I know I have bashed them plenty here, but in the recent past they have really stepped up their game. IMHO I think they are the only player out there that has a viable product that works and is very affordable, don’t believe me? Go download their free version which includes a REAL ecommerce store.i think the free version requires you to use their gateway but who cares get up and running with little upfront costs. I went with the full version because I wanted to use my own gateway.Interprise will soon come out with version 6.0 which from what I am told is very cutting edge i cant wait
    I wish someone would make some sort of utility to migrate MOM users over Interprise Suite, now that would be a great utility

Oh yeah they even have a Magento connector that plugs IS directly into Magento.

Why waste your time with companies who don’t care about your business????? If you ( in my opinion) want to be treated like a number and lied to then Dydacomp is a great choice (in my opinion). Prior to buying their software ask them for access to their private user boards so you can what REAL MOM users are really thinking!!!!!!!!!

sorry for any typos and or punctuation errors as i am typing this letter on my iphone

Going live with Interprise - and it only took 4 years!

Our company purchased Interprise back in 2008 and a reseller came to our location for the install and training. After all data was entered, we learned that PremierPOS could not accept an "out of country" credit card. It could only accept USA cards and not Canadian numbers. The reseller said he would be back with a fix in 3 weeks - which we never saw.
    Fast forward to a year later 2009 - our second attempt at Interprise. Although you'd think we should have seen this coming.........we spent the time again entering the current data......only to find a second glitch that prevented us from using Interprise successfully. 2010 we gave up on Interprise and went with plan B - previously we had been using a system discontinued a few years prior and had a 2 user system in a 15,000 sq ft warehouse with 6 employees. Imagine that!
    Plan B was horrible and for a year we had no idea which items were selling vs. which weren't. Couldn't track customer back orders etc. etc.
    Fast forward again to 2011 - this time we were smart, and tested Interprise for 2 weeks solid. Both the financial side (accounting) and web. We have all data in and will be going live next MOnday.
    If anyone has any questions, let me know.
    It seems like Interprise has done a complete turn around. Support is great and they have helped tremendously in the past month. I will keep you posted and let you know how it goes.

Thread Information