Page 9 of 19 ... 7891011 ... Last>>

Thread: iCode Everest or Netsuite? - Looking for an "all-in-one" small business solution

Quote Originally Posted by Jacmo
    I went to download Interprise and guess what?! It doesn't work with Firefox. That pretty much knocked them off my list.
    Jacmo, I use Firefox and I haven't had any problems accessing interprisesuite.com or interprisesolutions.com. There's got to be something on your end. Try purging your cache or something. IS is definitely worth your attention, it would be a shame to pass it up because your browser was acting up one day.

It is the cart, not the site. Didn't let me check out. I called. Asked them and was told that it is a bug their developers are working on. That their cart does not work with Firefox. Maybe I'll give them another call or attempt to checkout the free user version again.

RobbieB,
    Thanks for the feedback about the programs you've tried. I requested a demo of VisionCore last week, but haven't installed it yet. As I mentioned before, my impression is that it is a .NET version of ImagePremier (which was half-baked in terms of fully implementing the features it contained). Hopefully they've fixed a lot of problems when rewriting it as VisionCore.

Since a couple people mentioned Zoovy, I just wanted to mention a competitor of theirs I came across -- http://www.kyozou.com. They sounded pretty good overall but had some limitations I didn't like such as only 2-level product tree navigation.

Jacmo,
    You likely already know this, but the curent Interprise Suite website is being updated to run on the ASPdotNETstorefront web interface, but I believe their current site (as of 6/1) is still on some other platform. If you join their forum at http://www.interprisesolutions.com/forum they have a section strictly related to ASPdotNETstorefront integration. Also note that they to my knowledge they have not yet released the public version of the IS web module - I'd be very surprised if the final version didn't let people using Firefox use the cart. Just an FYI in case you were under the impression that what you currently see is what you'd get...

Chris, definitely try VC again. I wonder if your experience with them was like my first experience with IS... beta

Again, there are things I like about IS better than VC but so far the VC support has been pretty good at responding and forwarding the feedback to the devs. I actually feel like they are more on top of the support than IS right now but I wonder if that's because I haven't tired them with too many questions and suggestions yet haha. Although, I do wish their support forums weren't private. IS definitely wins on that because its nice to see what other people are experiencing.

Personally, I like VCs customer wizard better and their handling of addresses (contacts/sites etc). The app seems a little faster than IS too but I'm on an older dual 1.8ghz Xeon so I guess that doesn't say much :P

[edit]
    Okay well, here's some more info I found out about VC...
    Point of Sale and Timeclock icons are put inside the app but they don't work. Turns out the features aren't yet implemented and wont be for a few more weeks.

CRM/marketing not available within the program itself, they are planning to integrate with salesforce.com

No generic shipping module included but they have made one that works with ShipRush by Z-Firm.

So, looks like I'll be putting my research effort back into IS.

Thanks, Chris. I was under that impression. I like companies that 'eat their own dogfood.' I'm doing an InterpriseSuite Demo next week. Have had two courses of Mainstreet and am chatting with Devix which I must say I find quite interesting. Netsuite demo on Tuesday.

Has anyone heard of www.profitcenter.com? I saw them for a second at IR2007 and they said they do everything but payroll and HR.

Wow, been a little while since I’ve been here and I’m surprised by all the activity.

Chris_WI, wow you have probably done the comprehensive review of software on the market. Nice job! It reminds me back when I owned United Treasures and was looking for affordable software to run that business. To answer your question in the post we will continue to improve and we will add a “leave it for now” feature to the bank reconciliation later this year when we add the ebanking features.

Jacmo, Yes we had a firefox issue but that was fixed with our new website. Sorry for the inconvenience.

RobbieB, If you like VC you’ll love Adept Suite which is available for free. As you go through the features it will look very familiar : )

http://www.download.com/Adept-Accoun...ml?tag=lst-0-1

It is completely unsupported and installation is pretty “hit or miss” on newer systems since it is based on .NET 1.1 and MSDE technology.

Couple of things to keep in mind when evaluating VC against IS.

First, opening up the SQL port to the internet is not “web services”. Although you can get a program to operate over the internet that way it is not recommended because 1) it opens your company’s database to hackers / viruses 2) PCI compliance requires that your database server not be accessible via the internet if you store credit card number on them and 3) becomes very slow as the database size increases. IS uses true web services where all data requests are processed by the web services before being sent to the database. This allows you to have the web services in one location and the database in another protecting the database.

Second, if customizing or extending the application is important to you I invite you to compare the SDK’s. Our SDK kit is free www.connectedbusiness.com, allowing developers to see first hand how it works before spending any money with us. Already companies like AspDotNetStorefront (eCommerce) and Premier POS (Point of Sale) are using the SDK to create complimentary products and soon you’ll be able to purchase plug-ins from websites like http://www.interprisesuiteplugins.com/ to expand out the application.

Regarding the new customer wizard I posted a video for you on the Interprise forum so let me know if you need that link.

I know that this forum is for those looking for a “all-in-one” small business solution, but after working for the better part of the past decade trying to accomplish that I can tell you it is not possible. The problem is every software company only has a certain level of “core competency”. When I was part of the Adept .NET development team we wrote a rather poor ecommerce module and POS system in it. While our group was great at doing ERP systems, we did not have the same level of core-competency that eCommerce or POS software companies which “live and breathe” their market.

With Interprise we decided to spend much more time making an extendable platform so we can partner with the “Best of Breed” companies like AspDotNetStorefront and Premier POS (Point of Sale) to provide fully integrated solutions to the platform. It has taken us a lot more work than we expected to accomplish this, but we really believe that companies will be much happier with integrated “best of breed” applications that seamlessly work together.

Sincerely,
    ----------------------------
    Gary Harrison
    Interprise Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieB
    Lastly, http://www.newhavensoftware.com a non hosted solution that offers migration paths from Dydacomps MOM. Demo was only available by cd which expires by date hard coded on the cdrom itself. It was expired by the time I actually found time to install it. Wasn't able to get the time extension to work so I didn't try after that. It does not offer accounting either so again you'd have to find a way to integrate with the accounting software of your choice.
    Newhaven doesn't actually run the ecommerce portion, its by a company called CommerceV3 and you can demo the product live with them. It actually integrates with many order management systems including MOM, Ordermotion, Stone Edge, Colinear, Newhaven, InOrder, Natural Order, and a few others.

Question Interprise questions

Thank you all for this very informative thread. I've knocked several options right off our list and added several others since I came here a few months ago.

I have some questions I hope someone can help me with:

1) Is all of Interprise's support and sales from overseas? I see a US office listed but the person we emailed with had "slightly" broken English. We understood what he meant, and he was VERY nice and helpful, but we are a little concerned about investing in something and then having trouble communicating if there is a problem.

2) Is anyone here actually using Interprise to run their business yet? I know they're new, which is probably why we're having trouble tracking down some "unbiased" customers. (Which is something we did with Everest and Netsuite -- we found people other than those listed on their Featured Clients pages, and several of them pointed us to this message board with their comments!)

Thanks for any help you can give!

Anyone use Zoovy.com?

Has anyone tried Zoovy.com? Your thoughts?

BrokenGlass - We are with Zoovy right now. We've been with them since 2003. They've done a fantastic job for us. You have to jiggle the handle here and there but they are a great bunch of people and have a pretty dang nice cart with good quickbooks integration. I don't consider them a true 'all-in-one' which is why we're most likely moving to Devix soon. Zoovy helped us grow leaps and bounds but now... we need something more.

Thank you, Jacmo! We're still trying to figure out what exactly we really need and this has been a great thread.

need magazine subscription management

One of the components we can't find anywhere so far is an "all in one" solution that will also work with (or, better yet, includes) a way to manage our subscribers' subscriptions to our PRINT magazine.

Anyone know of ANY of these programs that can do that, too? We understand it isn't a common need and we'd be happy to pay for the added function to be programmed or included.

Netsuite and Everest both said, "Sure, no problem, we can engineer that" but given the things we've heard about them, we're hoping to go a different direction. Thanks!

Subscription Manager

Thank you, Barney! That's very helpful.

Two quick questions for you:

1) I see the deliveries can be scheduled "daily, weekly, monthly or annually, or on specific days or dates." We have a bit of a strange, flexible schedule. Is there anyway to trigger a delivery manually instead of having to schedule it?

2) We don't actually ship our publication from our office, we send a drop-ship list in the form of an excel file to our printer. Is this possible with Subscription Manager?

Thank you for your assistance!

Thumbs down Do Not go with NetSuite: Try SugarCRM or Salesforce.com

I've been using NetSuite CRM+ for a month now on a $70/month/one-year plan and have very few good comments to share. First and foremost, the technical support basically doesn't exist. The downloadable software used for integration with Microsoft Outlook is not compatible with Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0, which means you have to pay for an extra service to access data through your mobile phone. The representative neglected to mention this, even after explaining that it was an interregnal part of my business. The calendaring system is, for lack of a more creative term, a joke; the trial version I was given had scripting implemented that allowed extended functionality, so when I asked the sales representative if certain things could be done using NetSuite, he replied simply, “Yes, they can be done” but neglected to mention it required scripting. If you’re just looking for a simple web-to-lead CRM and calendaring functionality, I recommend the almost free SugarCRM on SiteGround hosting. Salesforce.com is a step in a better direction, but after looking into the workflow functionality, it costs more than my negotiate NetSuite package. I’ve taken the time to write this and other response to help people avoid the mistake I made by going with NetSuite from my small business. The company refused my request for a refund, so I’m stuck with them for a year. Research wisely and insist on a fully-functional trial of any CRM you’re considering.

Researching All-in-one small business solution

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forums, but I found this great post while searching the internet. A lot of the posts regarding Everest were from last year, or even a little more dated, so I'm wondering about more recent experiences.

After a little research, I've been looking at Everest, Interprise, Golden Accounting System & ManageMore.

I'm a small Wholesale company into our 2nd year in business. We're about 750,000 revenue this year, and forecasting 1.2mil next year. We have a small manufacturing side to the business where we hand-make all our POS displays. Most of our inventory is bought from one supplier overseas.

Right now we're using Quickbooks, but very unhappy with the very basic options it offers and we're looking to work our way into a more CRM solution for our business to take advantage of marketing opportunities.

Most important issues I'm trying to address within my business are:
    1. Integrating bar-code scanning to Shipping & Receiving
    2. Detailed Sales Commission reports for Sales Rep Comapnies
    3. Comprehensive quantity price discounts for both Purchasing and Invoicing (each/case/carton)
    4. Kit/Group items without a limit on items into the kit/group (or a very high limit)
    5. Extensive marketing campaigns - bulk e-mail, bulk fax, promotional opportunities that link through the entire system (incl. ROI on promo's and leads/sales generations from them)
    6. Order & customer procurement tracking/documenting
    7. Credit Control/Maintenience for our Net customers with easy Finance Charge & Statement implementation into the customers account
    8. RMA's!!! Quickbooks does nothing for RMA's! I'm looking for a great system for this.
    9. Improved Backorder management.

Those are my biggest concerns for now. Other features aren't as important right now, but I don't want to ignore a potential programs scalability.

We only have 1 warehouse/shipping location.
    We don't serialize/bin anything now, but we will in time.
    We don't drop ship now, but we may look into it if a program makes it simple and profitable enough.

Anyway. I'm looking for a little guidance on the programs I listed, or possibly some alternatives. I don't want to attack a fly with a machine gun and go for something way beyond my needs at the moment, but I don't want to buy something I'm going to outgrow in a year or two either. Perhaps a good middleground that can last me 5+ years.

Thanks,

Matthew Birchler
    Switchables
    edit by admin:no contact info permitted on the forum thank you

Thread Information