Page 17 of 19 ... 71516171819 Last>>

Thread: iCode Everest or Netsuite? - Looking for an "all-in-one" small business solution

Lightbulb Hunt no more, check us out

Hey ERPHunter,

I'm glad you looked around and found this forum post, this topic was started way back in 2005 so lot has changed since then with ERP market.

Everest is a good software its integrated and it has been around for more than 12+ yrs and I personally coded some of the e-Commerce modules back in 1998 to 2002 so I know how good it is .... The only thing that sucked was management due to constant funding and take overs etc ...

Here is a comparison of ERP software's that we been tracking and working with some of them and this might help you.

http://www.info-sourcing.com/Compari...-Softwares.htm

If you need more info abt Everest or other ERP's feel free to contact us so we can guide you through the process so you don't have to hunt too much we will show you the animal and you shoot with your budget.

Regards

You can have my Everest for 10c - shame they won't transfer the licences

waste of money and 18 months of my life

In fairness to InfoSourcing (who, from what I know, are very decent guys)

Everest's management was most of the problem. e.g. I paid thousands for support but because did not want to pay $$$ for all their training. I was not allowed to use my support package as I was not certified as competent to use their product.

Even so they would not refund my support fees. Also I have never had so many broken promises from any company.

David -- It's tough to take your words in stride and still be interested in this program. Can you tell me a bit more about your usage issues. Specifically, when did you install/purchase? What is the most recent version that you were using?

I am currently talking to a US based company who is the exclusive reseller. They seem very capable and competent -- but again, hard to ignore what your saying. Any more info you can provide would be appreciated.

What We're Evaluating....

So here is what we are evaluating -- anyone who has any feedback on any of these, or suggestions on any that are missing would be appreciated. We are 8-10 concurrent users, looking for a solution in the $50,000 or under range.

- Everest
    - SAP: Business One
    - Epicor
    - Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
    - Exact Globe
    - Fitrix ERP
    - Sage MAS
    - Eagle Business

Thanks for the help.

Will come back to you ASAP

Up to my eyeballs in work right now

Exclamation Inside Information

Quote Originally Posted by ERPHunter View Post
    David -- It's tough to take your words in stride and still be interested in this program. Can you tell me a bit more about your usage issues. Specifically, when did you install/purchase? What is the most recent version that you were using?

I am currently talking to a US based company who is the exclusive reseller. They seem very capable and competent -- but again, hard to ignore what your saying. Any more info you can provide would be appreciated.
    Versata Software who are the owners of Everest Software have not licensed any resellers in US, they close down the reseller channel end of 2008 anticipating the sale of their Company.

What you are referring to is an "OEM" product from India, which has been packaged/sold as Everest, so the terms might be different or maybe the prices are cheaper, but its not really from Versata, its like buying Microsoft Office OEM product from another vendor which has no manuals, warranty etc, thought of sharing this inside information.

Sorry to interrrupt here but I was wondering if....

Hey Guys,

Maybe you can help me....I did evaluate all of the vendors in this thread and I'm now looking at salesorder.com - I think they are a NetSuite/Interprise/Everest competitor. If you have evaluated salesorder.com can you get in touch with me in this thread 'Affordable CRM + ERP'

Thank you

Caroline C

NetSuite - small business computing? not any more

Quote Originally Posted by mutahman View Post
    Bryan

based on your comments about Netsuite I e-mailed them back today (actually mailed over to iCode as well). While iCode never responded, Netsuite came back and they are going to work with us to meet our target price without cutting functionality (they actually gave us a new quote today). We are now going through all of the small print, but I have to say, these guys wanted the business. I told them about my 2 concerns (pricing after the initial license and the transfer of files) and they are (a) writing into the contract that they'll not increase pricing more then 10% after the initial license and (b) noted that CSV files, as you stated, are easy and virtually free to download.

So while iCode (who was the front runner at least in my opinion) decided to be the snobbish, non-responsive, "we sell software to small business's that are not small business" company, Netsuite came and got the business.

It looks like, barring any unseen roadbumps, will be going with Netsuite.

Thanks a million for the feedback!!

MTM
    Hi MTM,

Can I offer some wisdom?

Type this 'In our sales organization we will add to and shift resources from the low end of the market to the mid and upper ends of the market.' into Google. As a prospective small business customer this was enough to convince me I was heading for trouble.

Hope this helps

Caroline C.

Recent Interprise email announcement:-

On March 1st 2010, Interprise Software Solutions Inc. was acquired by a group of private investors from the Taylor Corporation. Among the investors of Interprise Solutions is a long time customer with expertise in software development and a long standing tradition of exceptional customer support and go-to-market strategies. We believe that this acquisition represents the beginning of a renaissance period for Interprise Solutions that will provide substantial long term benefits to both our customers and partners.

As with any acquisition of this kind, there will be a number of changes taking place at Interprise Solutions that may affect you. One of the most unfortunate is a reduction of force in our operations which has resulted in the relocation of our headquarters from North Mankato, Minnesota to Culver City, California and the closing of our Cebu City, Philippines offices. On a positive note, the majority of the key Cebu employees have agreed to relocate to our Makati City, Philippines office. The Support department had been located in Cebu City, so the relocation may cause delays in your technical support response times during the first week. We appreciate your patience as we rush this move.

The Team (Old & New)

Gary Harrison, the original Founder of Interprise Solutions, will be returning to daily operations as the V.P. of Product Development after working for the company as a consultant. He will be joined by Yossi Zekri who will be taking over the role of the company’s President and Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Zekri has a vast range of management expertise specializing in technology, manufacturing, sales, marketing, and product distribution. Curt Rice will be remaining with the company as the V.P. of Technical Services and will be given a number of new responsibilities which include customer support in our ongoing effort to improve the services that we give to our customers. We would like to introduce our V.P. of Business Development, Iuval Hatzav, to the team. His wealth of knowledge regarding software and engineering will be a great insight to our team.

Our Philippines location is happy to report that the large majority of employees that were part of Interprise Solutions prior to its acquisition by the Taylor Corporation have elected to join the new company expressing a new level of dedication to improve our products and services. With all of our development, support, and QA located in a single facility, we expect to operate far more effectively than we did in the past.

The Plan

Over the next two to four months you can expect to see…

An entirely new website that will integrate the various activities of our Interprise Suite.com, Interprise.tv and ConnectedBusiness.com websites. This website will feature:
    Comprehensive product details
    A growing library of product related videos
    A forum for customers and partners
    A wiki to organize the vast quantity of product related information we have
    A feedback section where customers get to drive future product development by voting up or down new feature requests
    New download section
    New Support ticketing system
    “Customer Profile” pages
    “Partner portfolio” pages where partners can talk about their products, services and successes
    Our bug list and the progress of the development team to address the bugs reported
    And more…
    A product Roadmap that will shared with our customers and partners
    Several updates to our product line
    Release of “Version 5” (5.4) which will include…
    A number of new and improved features
    Support for Paypal and Google checkout on the cart
    Nearly 300 bug fixes
    Version 5.5
    Improved Inventory Posting
    Bug fixes
    Version 6.0 (Summer)
    Serial / Lot number Tracking
    Bin Tracking
    Plus much more…
    …and a few nice surprises.
    All of us here will be working hard over the next few months to make this transition as transparent as possible as we put into place new processes and procedures to lead the company in the right direction. We would like to thank each and every one of you in advance for your support as the company makes this transition.

deleted

Sorry to have upset you hkindc.

I can assure you I have nothing to do with Interprise. I was merely providing relevant information as an update to the thread. Would you like me to change/delete my post?

Does Interprise really own this forum (seems unlikely as they made a complete mess of the official Interprise one), or was that just you being facetious?

no problem

Generate new business by identifying and pursuing prospects interested in outsourcing MSDS activities is common activity for all new enterprises. MSDS sheets availing great advantages.

NetSuite - my distributors XsCom and Albany Distributing use it

NetSuite is a pretty nice solutioon, I have access to it from a customer end as one of my suppliers (Albany Distributing) uses it. I use QuickBooks to run my business, but some day when this business gets off the ground I will be purchasing netsuite too...but the price is crazy...they wanted $30,000k per year....one of my other distributors xscom used it as well...I'm shocked that my distributors would pay that kind of money to use a system vs. straight out buying Everest or something.

Thread Information