Page 19 of 19 ... 9171819

Thread: iCode Everest or Netsuite? - Looking for an "all-in-one" small business solution

Louie,

Thank you for giving us another shot. I'm going to PM you my email address. If you run into any issues that someone from support cannot address let me know. In the current release you will need to add the pst and gst to the invoice forms manually and they look kinda funky. In the next release, 6.0, we have added a few improvements for our Canadian customers that make breaking out the pst and gst much easier. Also be sure to use our forum as much as possible. Our developers are up there multiple times a day and it is a great place to get the more tricky questions answered.
    ----------------------------
    Gary Harrison
    Interprise Solutions

The software does have the ability to download the data into IIF or CSV files.

That is currently how I am performing weekly backups.

As with any sideways move in software, you'd most likely need to perform some sort of import/export to transfer your data, so I don't feel it would be a huge deal to move away from Netsuite in the future should I ever need to...

Everest Software user?

If you are an Everest Software user, or have been a recent Everest Software user, I would very much like to speak with you, as part of some ongoing routine research we are doing to unravel the enigma that is Everest Software. I have no affiliation whatsoever with Everest Software or with any other software vendor. Any conversation that we have will be strictly off the record and not for attribution. Thanks in advance.

Update on Everest Software

Just posted on the SMB Research Blog:
    "Everest Software and Versata – Software Vendors or Portfolio Companies?"
    http://smbresearch.net/blog/everestsoftware06082011/

Custom cart for Interprise

Gary
    we have an established site, Can interprise be used just for our order management? Can it import data from a custom site and manage the backoffice- inventory management, charging, etc? We have 11 users. What's the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by KCI Web View Post
    Gary
    we have an established site, Can interprise be used just for our order management? Can it import data from a custom site and manage the backoffice- inventory management, charging, etc? We have 11 users. What's the cost?
    KCI Web:

I am an independent technology analyst, not with Interprise Solutions, nor affiliated with any other software or technology vendor. Gary is very responsive, and so I would expect you will hear from him as soon as he sees this post.

In the meantime:

> For quickest response, you could contact their sales manager, Jim Brandt, at jim.brandt //(at)// interprisesolutions //(dot)// com, ph (310) 844-6061.

> You can find their pricing - for the suite - at http://www.interprisesolutions.com/w...se/our-pricing.

> I would be glad to be of any additional assistance that I can.

Here is my take on using Interprise Solutions for order management alone:
    Whether you can do this, and whether you want to do it are certainly two different questions. Even if you were willing to pay for the packaged solution, only to use one specific module, you would, I think, want to think twice about the wisdom of purchasing an integrated suite - and use it for none of the value of the integration.

There are best of breed order management solutions on the market, and with the number of options that you have here - even without knowing the rest of the story - you would want to consider first either utilizing the Interprise Solutions as a while in order to leverage the benefits of its integrated modules, or look at best-of-breed order management solutions that meet your specific needs.

I would be glad to be of any additional assistance that I can be.

Northxnortheast

Best of breed?

Thanks for your reply
    Respectfully, Isn't that what this whole thread is about? Could you name those "best of breed order management solutions on the market" for the others here as well as myself?

Yes, if you can give me a couple(+) of days, I will try to put this together. The challenge with this is that "order management" solutions have ranged all over the place, from large enterprise-grade solutions (at least at one time) to more specialized solutions which are situations-specific. The value of such a list to any one particular end-user is as dangerous as it is useful as it risks sending any particular end-user off on a fishing expedition looking at solutions, rather than on a targeted short list. Nevertheless, I will see if I can split off some time to refresh such a list.

Order Management Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Northxnortheast View Post
    Yes, if you can give me a couple(+) of days, I will try to put this together. The challenge with this is that "order management" solutions have ranged all over the place, from large enterprise-grade solutions (at least at one time) to more specialized solutions which are situations-specific. The value of such a list to any one particular end-user is as dangerous as it is useful as it risks sending any particular end-user off on a fishing expedition looking at solutions, rather than on a targeted short list. Nevertheless, I will see if I can split off some time to refresh such a list.
    As promised,here is a list of Order Management Systems that we are building on, and doing some continuing research into.

As I suggested before, this list is probably as (or more) dangerous as it is useful as it is little more than a laundry list of vendors for an end-user trying to find the best-fit solution for their particular situation.

We would highly recommend that you work with a Technology Analyst who knows the right questions to ask and is continually asking these questions of the vendors.

Abison CCS
    AFS Technologies - Order Management System
    APSIS Solutions
    Assist Cornerstone
    Cadre Technologies
    CIO Direct
    Circle Commerce Manager
    CoLinear
    CommercialWare/Micros
    Computer Solutions, Inc. - OrderPower!
    CORESense
    Data Management Associates - MACH Order Management
    Datamann
    Direct500
    Dydacomp - Mail Order Management
    Escalate Retail
    Fulcrum Worldwide
    GoECart Ecommerce
    Island Pacific Direct
    Jagged Peak, Inc
    Junction Solutions
    Kalio - InOrder
    Magstar Total Retail
    Mailware
    MainStreet Commerce’s BusinessFlow Order Management System (OMS)
    MICROS-Retail CWDirect Order Management
    MNP Media ActiveSeries
    Morse Data
    Natural Order
    NewHaven Software's Commerce Management System
    Nexternal
    Omnica MCR
    OMX (Order Motion)
    OpenMCR
    OrderLogix
    Peppler & Associates' Directions
    Profit Center Software
    Stone Edge Order Manager
    Terno & Associates - TernoVelocity
    VuePoint

Northxnortheast,
    SMB Research

Thumbs up

Ohhhhh the things you'll find on the internet! Just goes to show you that once you put something out there, it's on the interwebs forever

Hello, yes, it's me. The original creator of this, what has turned out to be, a very informative thread! Very nice input everyone.

So, funny story:

Fired up Netsuite in 2004 (has it really been EIGHT years?!). Used the product successfully up until I sold the business last year. Sure, there were the occasional growing pains (early outages, bugs, glitch in the GST module that had me audited for the years of 2005 & 2006 - ah good times ), but honestly, overall, I was very happy with the product and what it had matured into.

Fast forward to now - sold the previous venture turn-key Netsuite and all, moved to a new city (Ottawa) - and I'm in the midst of setting up fresh and wanted to do a little research to see what's new and improved, and if my preference of sticking with Netsuite would continue to be wise...

The good: the chuckle I had stumbling across this post while researching endlessly

The bad: not much has changed! (imho)

It gets worse: I ended up calling Netsuite last week to say 'turn it on and take my money' (exact words) only to be told that the Small Business Suite was killed a few years ago (?!) and now they want (minimum) $10k/year for a subscription?!?!?

Ugh, (w.t.f.) no thanks!

I called California a couple of days later to see what the big cheeses @ head office could do... ...I'm waiting on a return call with that news.

Soooo, in the meantime - I continue my research. Just in case that news will not be good.

The problem with being spoiled all those Netsuite years is: I like having an all-in-one solution (accounting, CRM, inventory, eCommerce, etc). I like not having hardware, or the worries that surround maintaining/protecting it. I like being able to access my data from anywhere anytime. I like having an iPhone app for that!

<sigh>

A couple of things have peaked my interest, but nothing so much as Interprise. Is this the next holy grail for the small business market??

I've requested a demo (sent an email 30 minutes ago ). I'd like to see their version of cloud computing. Does it do everything Netsuite did well? ...and more...? (POS, templates, plug-ins, etc)

So now the only question that truly remains - do I reply to my PM's from 2005...?

Cheers everyone.

As a small business "all in one" solution, you should consider Brightpearl. It has many of the functions of a traditional "ERP" but it is aligned with small businesses. It is a UK product but has just opened an office in the US. It is a really strong alternative to Netsuite for SMBs.

<i>[Personal contact information not allowed in posts]</I>.

Thanks!

I came through that thread an I wonder if there is anyone that uses Mautic for all in one solution for sending emails or maybe help you with lead nurturing?

Thread Information