Hi, I'm new here and happy to find this place. I'm running XP Pro with Quickbooks Pro 2005 multi-user (5 workers).

I run a small business that sells construction materials internationally. Because our typical day involves having our customers request pricing on any one of thousands of contruction products out there, our item list is growing so rapidly and quickly becoming out of control. Many of these items are also commodity items so the prices are changing daily.

Basically I have no reporting whatsoever. For example, I sell Widgets. Today the Widget pricing has changed so I manually just enter the new price in the Estimate and get an order, manually change it in the Vendor Purchase Order, and manually change it on my Customer Invoice. Imagine doing this to hundreds of items all the time. I can't do a report and see the history of the Widget pricing or item profitability. At the very least I'd like to get this under control. I couldn't even tell you what my most profitable item is margin-wise. I saw there was an add-on called Item Manager or something but haven't looked too deeply in to that. I'd love to see the item history and what I've sold that Widget for and to whom on a quick report. Many times I haven't sold a particular item in quite a while and need to price it and have no idea what I sold it for previously!

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ear and very appreciative. TIA.