Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Marketing Help

Marketing Help

Hello Everyone!
    I've been struggling a bit with the marketing of my site.
    I've made a squidoo lens, and have tried to network and spread the word as best I can.
    I'm open to any and all suggestions!
    Please help.

What have you done as far as SEO is concerned. I notice your meta tags need alot of work.

I've submitted articles at some sites, I've submitted to search engines, asked blogs for links. I made a squidoo lens, and have a blog.
    I am not sure about what else I can do!

Have I missed something? You referring to the site listed as "Home Page" in your profile?
    The Old Sarge

Yes, Benjamin, I'll be happy to give you input, but it will be different based on what kind of site you're marketing. Can you clarify?

http://www.xsdepot.com/

We just launched an auction website. All the Auctions
    It's an auction website. I'm having trouble getting traffic to the site, and no one seems to be bidding on anything. My vendors are starting to get upset. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can drive traffic, I am all ears!

Article marketing has been very effective for me.

Also posting on high-traffic forums works extremely well.

Do you have any kind of advertising budget to work with?

If you do, pay-per-click advertising is another option to consider.

No disrespect intended, but it sounds like you put the cart before the horse.

You should have had a solid plan for generating traffic, before you even launched your site.

Dale King

So... this is my first news post since i have been on your very nice Forum. I'm an italian reader and I liked this forum entry the most though, the way you said it was just amazing!

Cheers.
    Michele

You REALLY need to work on your SEO. You have virtually no keywords, no content and no auctions listed.

Streaming Radio is big brand builder now days. Try the guys at entercom radio
    Seattle Web Design - Seattle's Web 2.0 Company
    Underground Clothing - Seattle's Urban Clothing Company

Re:Marketing Help

I have an one idea plzz check my sig.

It does seem that getting your website out there is the hardest thing to do. You'll find so much great information on this web site. Learning what all the terms used has been an education for me. If your up and running with vendors I'd say many are right saying your going to need to spend some money to drive traffic. Good luck
    JK
    www.jkphotostovideos.com/content/home.shtml
    Turning Photo Moments into Video Memories

dot 9 web hosting

Has anyone heard of dot9webhosting? I found it while searching the internet. For a fee they say they'll ensure your site is listed in all directories, on all search engines and more. Anyone ever used this service? Opinions?
    JK

You get what you pay for and there is no such thing as 'free'. Anything they say they can do, you can do without the spam you are sure to receive if you sign with them. They cannot assure a listing in DMOZ but I am sure they can list you in hundreds of non-relevant link farm directories that will do you absolutely no good at all and open you to an endless line of spam emails.

If your site is optimized for key words, title tag and site description, you will be indexed without any work on your part at all. What you really want is targeted visitors, visitors who are coming to your site because you offer what they are looking for and if you believe that anyone will do that for you for free, you are deluding yourself. I could never comprehend what this preoccupation with the word 'free' is all about except for those who do not want to do the work it takes and are willing to leave it to others.

This is your site and your responsibility so take it on. There is no end to the amount of useful information on the Web that will guide you. Do a search for 'organic seo' and start reading. With a little effort on your part you can move ahead and be in control of your work instead of leaving it to others who have zero interest in your well-being.

Thank you for advice. I think you misunderstood. I was not looking something for "free". I'm not sure why you thought that. I'm looking for the best areas to market my company and website and how to find those. I am new to this and looking at all areas that people recommend. I will search organic seo. Once again thank you for your help.
    JK

Thread Information