Thread: Advice about international shipping needed

Advice about international shipping needed

Hello everyone!

I would appreciate it if you'd share your experience with international shipping. Some general pointers and especially challenges that one might encounter.
    Thank you in advance!

I can tell you about two areas that required lots of research in my case - language and taxes, but it might also help to read about this topic here. If you don't have separate websites for each country (and I would say you don't have to), make sure you hire a translator fluent in both languages and one that is also familiar with the culture of the target country. You need to address your target audience in a way that sounds natural and pay close attention to cultural differences as some ways of putting things might even be considered offensive in other cultures. So I suggest you stay away from Google Translate and do this properly because it makes a huge difference. Taxes are self-explanatory I believe, of course you'll have to check the laws and regulations. I think it's best to find a lawyer to consult with. For example, unlike in the US, sales to the UK have to include the VAT tax in the price. I hope this helps and good luck with expanding internationally!

Thank you for the reply, I better start reading! I don't want to act hasty here, I have a lot of preparation to do, but I want to at least start getting an idea of what I might face along the way.

Worth taking a look at the customs and tax regulations of specific countries you plan to ship to. Plus, ensure your insurance doesn't miss anything to protect you and the consumer.

First off, kudos for wanting to gather advice and tips. It's super important to plan ahead and be prepared for the journey. Some general pointers: accurate labeling, clear customs declarations, and using reliable carriers can make a huge difference.

As for challenges, customs regulations and varying delivery times can sometimes throw a curveball. But don't worry, you'll get the hang of it!

Oh, and speaking of international shipping, have you checked out this link? It could be a great resource for exploring different carrier shipping options https://calcurates.com/features/carrier-shipping-options

Thread Information