Thread: What’s your opinion on the eCommerce trends

What’s your opinion on the eCommerce trends

During my internship, I made a report gathering all the e-commerce startups that have raised funds in the last 6 months (Sep 2021 - March 2022).
    We thought it was interesting because the companies that raise funds today are the product and services that everyone might use in a few years or have a competitive advantage with right now, so it’s a good idea to know what happen and keep up with the trends - especially in eCommerce, where a lot is happening!!

I am surprised to see that no one talked about this topic on this forum! So I thought I would share our report with you, maybe it can interest a few of you :)

Alongside the data, we did some analysis and shared our thought about the new companies being built - do we think it’s worth it, useful, or not at all … for example, we talked about the aggregators raising a crazy amount of money to buy eCommerce brands.
    But, I would love to hear your opinion and what you think as well :) I think it can be a pretty interesting conversation.

Here is the report (we made a YouTube video) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKukoQXkcjo

Thank you!

Hi,

Let's explore the biggest ecommerce trends and see where things are headed.

1. AR enhances the reality of online shopping.

2. There will be a growing volume of voice search.

3. AI helps shops learn about shoppers.

4. On-site personalization uses those insights to create individualized experiences.

5. Big data plays a big part in creating personalized experiences.

6. Chatbots improve the shopping experience.

7. Mobile shopping is still on the move.

8. More ways to pay.

9. Headless and API-driven ecommerce allow continued innovation.

10. Customers respond to video.

11. Subscriptions keep customers coming back.

12. Sustainability is becoming more important.

13. Businesses should optimize digital transformation.

14. B2B is growing and changing.

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fainagarcia View Post
    Hi,

4. On-site personalization uses those insights to create individualized experiences.

8. More ways to pay.

Thanks

Hi there!

Yes! I definitely agree with you, these are very interesting trends. It summarizes what's happening in the industry and new businesses can consider these to ride on the trend. You mentioned that there will be a growing volume of voice search, something we did not mention in our report, would be happy to have your view on that and some examples of companies doing that!

Thanks for that

Thank you for sharing an useful post.

Interesting topic. Thanks for starting and sharing this useful information.
    I've recently read about the ecommerce website development trends and been surprised by the number of innovations (I mean in comparison to previous years). Here I can name vertically aligned menus, unconventional layouts, sophisticated voice user interfaces, etc. Reading such information makes me understand how much impact technology has on our lives.

Nice, It will be interesting.
    After pandemic hit eCommerce market expand very quickly and people move towards online ordering and online payment. That shows a huge change will takes place in eCommerce market. People become more tech-savy and they are used to for online marketing.

Digital payments are getting more and more popular. Subscription-based business models will become more popular in 2021. Because of their specialized services, companies like Loot Crate and BirchBox will experience an increase in orders. The similar subscription-based strategy can be replicated by new e-commerce companies to get into this market. If you want to apply all these features on your website, I would recommend getting an experienced team such as https://www.webcitz.com/ecommerce-development.html, they know how doing it very well.

The eCommerce industry is constantly changing with lots of new trends being applied, and the competition getting higher day by day. And the question in many users’ minds is what is the future of eCommerce and how it is going to change in 2022-23 and beyond? I

- Product Visualization
    One of the challenging things for an e-merchant is to give the clients enough idea about what a product is going to look like. Customers want to see the product before they buy it and this is what online stores are now lacking.

- B2B eCommerce Is the Next Big Thing
    If you look at the whole business sector, you will find lots of upcoming companies, businesses, and startups are stepping into the eCommerce market.

- Custom Retail Experiences
    While big stores are sometimes shutting down or going bankrupt, people still love to buy things in person. And there is no technology that can replace the feel of physical store purchasing. So, of course, we are going to see the big eCommerce players stepping into the offline world in 2020. To illustrate it, even Amazon is launching its offline stores.

- AI, Assistants, and Chatbots
    Chatbots and artificial intelligence are designed to enhance the overall customer shopping experience, allowing them to handle a number of customers’ tasks. For example, clients can use them to give feedback about your product, make return requests, or find personalized products. If you try to contact Amazon customer support, you will be put in a conversation with a chatbot before you actually talk to a customer representative. So, in the upcoming days, we are going to see chatbots and AI assistants taking over eCommerce stores and business websites.

- Social Commerce
    Needless to say that online shopping and social media go side by side. Young people are spending so many hours on Facebook and Instagram, actively browsing different products and asking for recommendations. Thus, making an online buy button available on these platforms will inevitably boost sales.

- Mobile Commerce
    There is no doubt that mobile commerce is rapidly growing with each passing day, and is likely to hit $319 billion by the year 2020. eCommerce players will also start targeting countries where the smartphone user base is growing. By doing this they will be able to step into the untapped markets and grow their revenue.

And as an eCommerce business person, I would strongly recommend anyone to focus on the new trends and look for ways to implement them. After all, the main goal is to offer the customers the best shopping experience possible and to make more revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by fainagarcia View Post
    Hi,

8. More ways to pay.

Thanks
    You have covered almost everything I just want to add customer churn in your list.

Quote Originally Posted by brandwizz View Post
    Nice, It will be interesting.
    After pandemic hit eCommerce market expand very quickly and people move towards online ordering and online payment. That shows a huge change will takes place in eCommerce market. People become more tech-savy and they are used to for online marketing.
    Online commerce has become an inevitable trend after the pandemic, and whoever can make online commerce as user-friendly as physical commerce will win.
    Unless you want to compress your profit margin, brand communities are your way to go.
    I have some articles on how to do this at launchblog.bclinked.com
    I'll keep it updated.

Analyze the market to uncover industry trends. Capitalizing on some of the above trends depends on first recognizing how they relate to your business and being able capitalize on them. Studying markets and their audiences constantly will help you establish better strategies.
    Study the competition. To thrive in any business, you have to keep a close eye on your rivals. What creative trends are they embracing? What innovations are they making? What are the differentiating elements? Insights into these questions will allow you to best position your business for success

Here's an overview of current eCommerce trends based on data and industry analysis:

Mobile commerce: The increase in mobile device usage has led to an increase in mobile commerce. A significant portion of eCommerce transactions now take place on smartphones and tablets.

Personalization: Personalization is becoming increasingly important in eCommerce, as customers expect a personalized shopping experience that caters to their preferences and needs.

Social commerce: The integration of social media platforms and eCommerce is a growing trend. Many businesses are leveraging social media to drive sales through shoppable posts, live commerce, and other social commerce features.

Subscription models: Subscription-based models are gaining popularity, particularly in areas such as fashion, beauty, and food.

Artificial intelligence and machine learning: AI and ML are being used to improve various aspects of the eCommerce experience, including product recommendations, customer service, and fraud detection.

Voice commerce: The growing popularity of voice assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant is leading to the development of voice commerce, allowing customers to make purchases using only their voice.

Augmented reality and virtual reality: AR and VR are becoming more widespread in eCommerce, allowing customers to experience products in a more immersive and interactive way.

It's an exciting time to be in tech and within the digital world. Trends come and go, but having a flexible marketing strategy that adapts to these changes matters most.

First up, we've got personalization. This is all about giving customers what they want, when they want it. The more an e-commerce store can make a shopper feel like it's curated just for them, the better their experience.

Next, there's mobile shopping. These days, everyone's got a smartphone in their pocket, and more and more people are using them to shop. So e-commerce businesses are really focusing on making their mobile experiences as smooth as possible.

Then there's the whole world of social commerce. This is when shopping meets social media. We're seeing more and more brands selling directly through social media posts and stories. It's like window shopping for the digital age!

Let's not forget about sustainability. Shoppers are becoming more conscious about their choices and are on the lookout for sustainable and ethical brands. So, e-commerce stores that show they care about the planet can really stand out from the crowd.

AI and AR are also joining the party. Artificial Intelligence is being used to create more personalized shopping experiences and offer top-notch customer service. And Augmented Reality lets customers virtually try before they buy.

Voice shopping is another exciting trend on the horizon. With the rise of smart speakers, soon we could be doing our shopping just by asking out loud!

And last but not least, in the wake of COVID-19, contactless delivery and digital payments have become a huge deal. They offer a safe and convenient way to get purchases to customers.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.** #2

Thread Information