Thread: Graphic Design Studio Across The World

Lightbulb Graphic Design Studio Across The World

Today, we will talk about graphic design studio. The most popular among them. I wouldn't say that they are the best in their field since I'm not an expert in graphic design and not really capable of ranking them. I just want to share that there are a lot of graphic design studio that you can choose to be your partner in running a business.

But honestly, if you are a small business and can't afford it, it's okay, at least you can start to build a plan that will grow your business. And when the time has come, you can start to make a better logo design, website, or something that you want to accomplish.

We can see Apple. The old Apple logo is philosophic, yet it's quite old and needs more touch to bring it to the next level. As Steve Jobs wants Apple to be a high-class brand that provides expensive, exclusive and sophisticated product, Steve Jobs made the logo design much simpler than before. And it works until now! The branding strategy is a huge success. The bitten apple has spread its wings across the globe and will go even further to stay on top of the competition.

Graphic Design

Since it's Monday and most of the employees in the office, e-commerce starter or just people who want more insight will get more stress if they read difficult things. So let's just do an easy discussion. Start with Graphic Design.

The design is a potent strategic tool that companies can use to gain a sustainable competitive advantage.

-Philip Kotler
    I think I already talked a lot about this in my last article a week ago. The increase of the demand will make people interested to be a graphic designer as well.For the business players, they make the design as part of the competitive advantage and part of their branding strategy. To make an intriguing value for their company and products. I will talk more about it in my examples below. Let's check this out.

Graphic Design Studio
    Pentagram

46 years ago, this graphic design studio was founded by some remarkable individuals. They are Alan Fletcher, Theo Crosby, Colin Forbes, Kenneth Grange, and Mervyn Kurlansky. Based on Wikipedia, The firm currently comprises 19 partner-designers in 5 cities, each managing a team of designers and sharing in common overhead and staff resources. The partners in each office share incomes equally and all the partners own an equal portion of the total firm. This equality, along with the tradition of periodically inviting new members to join, renews the firm while giving even the newest members an equal footing with the partners of long standing. This 'flat' organization (there are no executive officers, CEO, CFO or board, other than the entire group) along with the self-capitalized finances of the business, allows equal participation and control of the group's destiny by the member. So basically, they are a bunch of creative designers across the world that will bring your wildest ideas to life.

The projects from this graphic design studio which I'm interested in is the Fantastic Beast saga. Since I'm a movie addict, the magical world of Harry Potter and its wizardry system was amazed me to the fullest. And now, the living legend, J.K. Rowling, made a spin-off that still related to Hogwarts. And to entice other movie addicts like me, J.K. Rowling and her team hire one of the graphic designers in Pentagram. To make the soul of the movie represent in the title design, they made it just like a dragon beast that become an ‘S' in the ‘Beast' word. I think it's unique and magical, just like the legendary Harry Potter saga. Nice on, Pentagram.

Firstborn

This graphic design studio located in New York. The company behind the famous and iconic logos like Adidas, Supercell, Blomberg, Loreal, Pepsi, and many more. Let's discuss one of them.

Adidas is one of the highest brands in the shoe industry. Just like Nike, Puma. You name it. The Firstborn said that they developed a digital-first 360° campaign to raise awareness for Adidas' biggest shoe launch of the year. The campaign included mobile-first content, dynamic editorial and experiential OOH installations that built brand equity. The campaign is now being expanded from a B2C audience to B2B targets with additional activations for retailers like Champs.

Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv

Before Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv, there is only Chermayeff & Geismar. It was founded in 1957 by Yale graduates Ivan Chermayeff and Tom Geismar. And In 2006, designer Sagi Haviv became the third partner at the firm. So it's a quite old graphic design studio.

Yet sadly, one of the founding partners of the firm, Ivan Chermayeff, was died in 2017. His remarkable talent as the graphic designer has inspired the young graphic designer and will still be remembered as one of the best graphic designers.

Just like the other two, this graphic design studio has made some tremendous design as well. But let's talk the simplest design, yet it's very legendary in every mind on Earth. To people who like to explore the world, enjoy the wilderness of Africa, or just want to know a bit more about ants, they will see the famous National Geographic.

With the simple gold rectangle that sticks in our mind, they made us love them enjoying a pack of wolfs beat down a buffalo or something like that. They are also the role models of photography. Especially in wild photography. The television channel, National Geographic magazine, the apparel, books, accessories for traveling, and many other aspects are gathered in one simple gold rectangle. Yet they made it this far.

As I told you before, a design is an identity to make a competitive advantage that will make people love you and loyal to you. And National Geographic has proven it!

Conclusion

Above all, since they are so famous, it will drain a lot of money in your bank account. It will not be wise if you have low budget and force to get a design from them. But just want to make you know that branding doesn't always need a high budget. As long as your idea is original and identic with your company and products, you just need to execute the plan beautifully.

Very informative article, showing the heights to strive for. Maybe someday my brother's little advertising company will have a big name too. But that requires a titanic effort.

Very informative article, showing the heights to strive for. Maybe someday my brother's little advertising company will have a big name too. But that requires a titanic effort. So far, he has been helped in this work by https://forgehub.net/nebula/blender-render-farm/. I do not even know how it can cope with such a volume of work without a helper like Nebula. And Philip Kotler's quote directly indicates how much effort it takes in advertising to achieve significant business results. And with new technology, there's a lot of competition.

Hiring a graphic design studio can be more expensive than creating your own graphics or hiring an amateur designer. However, if you have a budget and want high-quality, professional-looking graphics, it may be worth the investment.

Thread Information