Thread: Launching your own website. What is necessary?

Launching your own website. What is necessary?

I need a website for my company. I have never encountered this before. Should I pre-purchase a domain name and hosting? Or what else should I do? Is it best to buy domain name and hosting from the same company or from different companies? What can you say about the choice of domain zones?

There is absolutely no need to register a domain and hosting with the same company. And I would advise to immediately pay attention to the price of domain renewal. Because there are times when this price is 10 times higher than the price of the initial registration of the domain name. I have been using Pananames registrar for the last 6 years. I love that renewals are priced fairly here. When you register a domain name, you can see it all at once.

Okay, then I'll take your advice.

At least this registrar hides nothing. All prices are known in advance

A site launch is a big deal. Whether you are building a blog or a business website, you should never underestimate the effort that goes into making it a success.

@Beltek

Totally agree with @Rafay to be honest. The domain and hosting are simply the mechanics of creating and owning a website but they still have questions that need answering around locations, brand recognition, what extensions should you use. Shared Hosting, dedicated servers or a more trend orientated cloud solution.

You probably will not find your answers here but you should definitely research as much as you can or employ an agency or consultant with experience in your industry and/or country. Perhaps there is someone in your business circle that could advise or help you navigate through the initial stages.

BB

Here are the steps to follow:
    1. Create your website (you can do it yourself using a website builder https://www.webbuildersguide.com or hire a professional).
    2. Save your website (commonly, in a folder that contains your styles (.css), scripts (.js) and pages (.html). Almost every website has images and other media too. You MUST have a file called "index.html" that is your homepage, it will make the next steps much easier).
    3. Find a web hosting service (this company will keep your files on a computer that stays running 24/7).
    4. Buy a domain (URL) (though some domains are free, if you want a domain ending with ".com" ".org" or ".net" you will need to pay something per year).
    5. Upload your website (once you have purchased web hosting and domain, you will need to upload your website to your web host).
    Last edited by Jim222; 02-09-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Thank you for sharing an wonderful post.

Launching Your Website

Most consumers will expect to be able to see your business on the internet. Whether you are selling your products online, or just want to deliver some details about your business and your contact details, Launching a website is almost essential.

Register your domain name
    Find a web hosting company
    Prepare your content
    Design
    Digital Marketing Plan

Launching a website comes with its challenges, but once you know the basic steps you need to take it’s easier to work out a plan to move forward.

Nowadays you can use many CMS'es like Wordpress, that will help you to launch site. The problem there is that many providers are not programmers, but guys that know how to use for exemple Avada, Oxygen, WP Bakery. I have spent maybe 2000 PLN in Poland for site and in the end, they were just graphics, that knows WP Bakery. I was really mad, when company stopped answering my mails, because I could do the same with Avada...
    So if you wanna learn, you will make it by yourself, but it will take 3-6 months to learn it, while you will work.

There are a few things that you will need in order to launch your own website. First, you will need an idea for the site. What is your target audience? What are your niche topics? Once you have these answers, it's time to start designing the website.
    Next, you need a domain name and hosting account. A domain name is the address of your website (e . g . mywebsite.com), while hosting refers to where the site is hosted (e . g . Bluehost or InMotion Hosting).

Finally, make sure that all of the technical aspects of launching and running a web page are taken care of: selecting a design template or creating unique visuals yourself; installing and configuring software like WordPress、Joomla、 Drupal 、or Adobe Photoshop; setting up security measures such as 2-factor authentication; optimising web traffic through SEO tweaks etc., etc.. All in all–a lot goes into making a successful online presence! But with careful planning and execution anything becomes possible!

It all depends on what kind of business you are at first. For some businesses it is absolutely not necessary and you can invest the cash in other things which help you with the promotion.
    Other than website the most necessary thing for every single is a microsoft 365 business voice sms. Can't imagine how would our customer support function without it these day. We have an international business with the clients all over the world and normal call system is definitely not an option for us.

When it comes to launching your own website, there are a few essential things that you will need. First and foremost, you'll need an excellent domain name that is associated with your business or idea. Next, you'll need hosting and design services in order to create a visually stunning site that represents your brand well. No need for the same company for domain purchasing and web hosting. And lastly, you'll want to invest in traffic generation tools like SEO or paid ads so people can discover and find information about what you have to offer.
    By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your website is up-and-running within no time at all!

Thread Information