There are lots of people who are asking about which platform to use, and while that will to [a greater or lesser degree] be asking what flavor of bubble gum should I buy -- ultimately it comes down to feature set and ease of use. Some factor cost a little too heavily. From my perspective if you can get products up and being sold this week and can start making money right away instead of waiting 6 weeks that goes a long way towards making up for any fees.

I have been supporting websites for almost 20 years now so have a different perspective, Magento and WooCommerce are incredible solutions for getting going for a free highly customizable solution, which sounds to good too be true at first glance, but I want to discuss what happens on the other side when you grow and the issues you face since no one readily addresses this. Firstly, WP and Woo have some serious caps, so if you plan to grow big time you will end up having to do some MAJOR tweaks such as hosting and what not to support that traffic. I have seen a site with as few as 10K visitors a month with lots of tweaks done in Woo get overwhelmed easily despite being on expensive hosting. All the extra plugins, Abandoned Cart, Shipping, Funnels etc to make it work slow the site down and response times suffer not to mention the headaches and frustrations of keeping it all going. Remember you want to run your business not a tech company. Same can be said for Magento really. Although again, there are Pros who do a good job supporting this platform who will disagree.

Here is my perspective on Shopify and why it is growing so fast, in an almost backwards way, the insistence that things be done the same way from site to site has resulted in a standard for the first time with ECommerce and with that the ability for App makers such as the personalization company I am now a part of, shameless plug https://xgen.ai, that offers AI Based 1:1 personalization for every customer fully automated and working out of the box -- Shopify is without question our easiest integration with the fewest issues.

We are working with some serious big time customers, millions of visitors/day and Shopify can handle them just fine.

What this means is that as you grow Shopify grows with you, it is fine for the small starting out guy and the big guy alike. I have been looking at the full software deployment on ECommerce stacks for the last 2 years (actually into the thousands now) and as such have a really good sense of what is out there and how many ways you can do it, if you intend to really grow and be a monster site -- who knows yours could be the next one -- then i cannot recommend enough the use of Shopify and a platform like ours that get the right products in front of your customers, after all you well spend a lot of money getting them to your site, keeping them there and purchasing something is the next goal so why invest in that? I do not work for Shopify but wanted to give my own perspective on the whole thing.