Thread: Best way to archive old paper files?

Best way to archive old paper files?

Lately, I've been wrapping my head around the idea that it's time to bring order back into my storage room. There are tons of boxes brimming with documents and office files I'm legally obliged to preserve for a few more years, I'm almost afraid to take a single step inside... So, I know this will be a regular blue-collar task, but I need to go in there and select which items I still need to save, and use a shredder for the rest.

Can anyone recommend good software for rapidly digitizing the files before neatly organizing them on my laptop? I feel like I'll have to automate this process as much as possible.
    Any recommendations are welcome!

I'd say any of the popular DMS apps (Templafy, FileCenter, Bynder, Frontify...) should prove sufficient for tasks like that, just don't expect to get it done fast Also, as to how to archive old paper documents without making just another (digital) mess in the process, I think you'll benefit from reading articles that present a logical series of actionable steps you can implement. Good luck!

Thanks for this! Yeah, I do need to do some research first...

Thread Information