Page 1 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: Important Factors for ecommerce

Important Factors for ecommerce

I am thinking to Start a e commerce Portal. There are various Factors like Payment,Design,Development of the Website. Also mobile Applications are also Important. Can anyone suggest which factors should I consider while starting e commerce business?

Are you trying to start an eCommerce platform or an online store?

An important factor of E-commerce is an online store or business. If you want to make your business popular on e-commerce you can promote your business on social media platforms.

When creating an online store from scratch, you'll need to consider factors like website marketing or how to calculate conversion rate.

Links removed by Mod MF
    Last edited by Mark Fink; 07-14-2020 at 04:08 AM.

If you are planning to start the eCommerce store, the first work on your products. Your products should be able to attract shoppers. And select Shopify as your eCommerce CMS. Create a website that is mobile-friendly, well designed, and user friendly. And as a new eCommerce merchant work on SEO too. And you can also hire an agency for your website development & marketing of your store.
    Last edited by Mark Fink; 07-14-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Is there a specific reason you would recommend shopify? As the best website cms for ecommerce because most asites that top google are not shopify sites and are in fact wordpress websites, not that i'm saying they are the best but shopify seems to have a limit when it comes to google. Also going into e commerce you should be very aware of the industry online in most online selling industries there are middle men like *******, amazon and now even google... people will buy from there first and they will take a cut from your website or business intake and profit via cost per click or a percentage of sales. Facebook's online selling platform also takes a cut. As a start up you could possibly hope to match what they spend on marketing so if you dont go with them you can forget major search engines or socail media platforms as a way of selling. Its annoying but thats how it is.

Successful key factors for eCommerce businesses
    Customer Service. Customer service is a key factor of success for eCommerce companies regardless of the company's size. ...
    MultiChannel Marketing. ...
    Conversion Rate. ...
    Customer Retention. ...
    Acquisition Cost. ...
    Conclusion.

I want to support you in your business. But I see you don't answer questions from people who also want to help you.
    Before doing e-Commerce, you need to think through a clear plan of action, how you represent your business, and so on.
    If you find it difficult to imagine everything in detail, I can recommend an article about the salesforce implementation plan. Write down a plan for yourself as in the article and it will be easier for you to make a decision further.

First off, you need a platform that is mobile friendly.

There are a lot of platforms to use to get started, Shopify, WooCommerce on WordPress and many more. Before you decide what platform to use, you need to understand who your target market is, once you have that information then you can see what products will be in demand and work back from there.

It won't be a quick win, but can be lucrative in the long run if you design the platform correctly and sell the right products to the right customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Innzone Hosting View Post
    First off, you need a platform that is mobile friendly.

There are a lot of platforms to use to get started, Shopify, WooCommerce on WordPress and many more. Before you decide what platform to use, you need to understand who your target market is, once you have that information then you can see what products will be in demand and work back from there.

It won't be a quick win, but can be lucrative in the long run if you design the platform correctly and sell the right products to the right customers.
    I love this response. I have seen many ecommerce websites built in all styles. Fast, cheap websites. Slower more functional websites. Personalised websites some of every type of website fail and some succeed. My conclusion of that was that your website means nothing if you don't know your target market and if your offer ( what you are selling ) is not a great or decent trusted buy. People also always fail to look at competitors, so you want to sell something like tents online but amazon or some big middleman has hundreds of member seeling tetnt and amazon is also advertising them. Apart from that where fo you think a user would buy from? trusted amazon with thousands of reviews of your unknown website. So again you need to get to know you clients so they can also get to know you and trust you. tailor for them and start small.

Cool

As I am a part of ImprintNext, I will suggest you to try product customization in your online store.

You mentioned different factors for eCommerce websites. Yes, these all should be considered. In my opinion, you should consider what are the latest trends in the eCommerce business. You need to take the help of the latest technological advancements. Consumer experience plays a vital role in the success of any business. Meanwhile the same fundamental also applies to Online eCommerce Store. Hence, you should choose the latest eCommerce trends that align well with your business. It will improve the shopping experience of customers and build strong relationships with them.

I think one of the most important things in ecommerce is the ux of the site.

First of all, you need to choose the ecommerce platform that fit your business. It has 2 types: hosted (open-source) and self-hosted ecommerce platform.
    Open-source eCommerce platforms are eCommerce website builders that allow the original source code to be freely available for anyone to view, modify and contribute. You can get endless customization possibilities over the design or functionality of your store thanks to the open-source nature. However, it also means that to fully optimize your store, you’ll need coding skills and technical knowledge.

Hosted eCommerce platforms are the all-in-one shopping cart solution, which allows users to get an online store built without worrying about any infrastructure-related hassles. Usually, they offer a subscription-based model with different pricing tiers, which users can choose depending on the additional feature needed.
    Last edited by Chilly Tracy; 01-29-2021 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirubasundar View Post
    I am thinking to Start a e commerce Portal. There are various Factors like Payment,Design,Development of the Website. Also mobile Applications are also Important. Can anyone suggest which factors should I consider while starting e commerce business?
    this is a rather difficult question that requires a careful approach

Thread Information